HolidayCheck is a leading travel website where users can easily find and book their perfect holiday and share their holiday experience.
Key features for Travelers
- Hotels and Hotel reviews: Hotels are the most important feature on HolidayCheck. With a database of over 300,000 hotels it is easy for potential travelers to find their perfect hotel. Many hotels have already been reviewed, providing an authentic image of the hotel.
- Authentic Photos: Photos compliment the reviews as only they can give you a true picture of what the hotel really looks like. Travelers are encouraged to share their photos with the community.
- Advanced Hotel Search: HolidayCheck’s advanced hotel search enables users to filter the hotels by categories such as star rating, recommendation percentage and amenities. All hotels can then be sorted by popularity or price.
- Hotel comparison: The HolidayCheck watch list allows users to select hotels and then compare them based on recommendation, rating, and price. This enables users to tag the hotels they are interested in while browsing and come back to them all later.
- Destination Information: Travelers can gain an overview and insight into destinations including information on; Trip Preparation, Country & People, Discover & Enjoy and Getting Around.
- Things to do: Before travelers book their hotel they will probably want to know what is on offer in the local area and what it is like. Things to do cover sightseeing, Sport & Leisure, Food & Drinks, Nightlife, Shopping and other tips from travelers in the Things to do reviews.
- Check Rates: Travelers can find the best price by comparing offers from various providers on HolidayCheck with just one click.
- Monthly destination guides: The newsletter each month presents subscribers with a brand new destination. It provide quality travel information and genuine user pictures to give an authentic insight into the destination.
Key features for hoteliers and partners
- Hotel Descriptions and Characteristics: Hotels can write their own description including a link to their website. They can also fill in all their details including their list of amenities. The more information the hotel provides the easier it is to find.
- Hotel reputation widgets: Hoteliers can showcase their online reputation on their own web sites by integrating review and reputation widgets.
- Commenting on hotel reviews: Hotel reviews are very subjective. HolidayCheck gives hotels an opportunity to comment on their hotel reviews.
- Quality management for hotels: HotelManager gives hoteliers different tools for quality management including; in depth statistics on reviews, competitor analysis and the opportunity to ask our users questions.
- Content distribution for partners: HolidayCheck offers partners access to our database via an API.
- Price comparison: It is possible for companies with a hotel inventory to become one of HolidayCheck’s price comparison partners.
We love vacations and what we love even more is helping others to find their perfect holiday! We believe a perfect holiday is made up of a good hotel, excellent food and some exciting and relaxing things to do.And who would know better than the person who has already been there if the hotel was a good hotel, if the food was delicious and how close the beach was. Therefore we offer travelers a platform where they can share their experiences with potential travelers. Since experiences describe only one view, we try to gather as much information as possible to give our users the best basis for deciding on where to go on holiday, which hotel to choose and what to see and do while there. Quality of our contents is of utmost importance for HolidayCheck. We check all content shared by our users for fakes, duplicates, offensive language etc. Our Quality Assurance team is made up of over 60 fraud detection experts.
HolidayCheck in facts and figures
The HolidayCheck idea dates back to 1999 when two guys Markus Schott and Sascha Vasic, frustrated with the lack of authentic information when choosing a hotel, decided to create a website which would give others the opportunity to read real opinions and reviews instead of just catalogue descriptions. They created the first HolidayCheck website as a hobby. In 2004 HolidayCheck was founded as a company in Switzerland. After that HolidayCheck grew even faster and started its first international websites in 2006: www.holidaycheck.com and www.holidaycheck.fr closely followed by Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian and Dutch in 2007. Today HolidayCheck is available in 10 languages.Each month 20 - 30 million people visit HolidayCheck websites. On HolidayCheck users inform themselves about hotels and destinations with about 10 million user opinions. Information is available on more than 300 thousand hotels and 100 thousand points of interest in the holiday destinations.
HolidayCheck AG headquarters are located in Bottighofen, Switzerland and has three foreign offices in Warsaw, Paris and Moskow. The majority of HolidayCheck is owned by the listed company TOMORROW FOCUS AG, one of the leading digital media companies in Germany. The main shareholder of Tomorrow Focus AG is the publishing company Hubert Burda Media.
- Gilles Despas
- Patrick Feil
Managing Director DACH
Board of directors
- Toon Bouten
- Frido Luchsinger
- Hakan Öktem
- Malcolm Myers
- Dr. Dirk Schmelzer