Hotel River Kwai Village(3 stars)74/12 Moo 4, Tha Sao Saiyoke View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Unfortunately not more recommendable
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- February 2013
Jungle resort, relatively far away from the civilization. Ideal for silence searchers. One makes from the resort organised excursions by car, knatterboot etc. 4 stays in this hotel in the last 30 years. Unfortunately the hotel is outdated, especially the bathrooms are quite experienced and in need of renovation. The hotel is it is now virtually complete in russian hands, up to 7 Cars came every day at! As a result, the resort entirely to the russian tourists aligned. The modest language skills of the staff moving now towards russian. All excursions were only there for the russian accessible, all ... excursion knatterboote fully booked. Reception completely incompetent, was not willing and the location like to arrange. Luckily we were with a thai tour guide and driver on the way, they could then this misconduct of the staff iron out and a knatterboot organize. Otherwise would only be a premature departure sensible. Dinner: thai and (still) european cuisine, à la carte and buffet, acceptable cooked, but not a culinary highlight. The resort is doing its contractual obligations, which they towards the guests has, not (more). A resort hotel has but worried, that the offered leisure activities also available are. A management seems to be absent. For 30 years never a manager saw. Internet in the rooms no longer available, was turned off. Internet in the lobby and in the restaurant available, for a modest fee, but very poor speed, for enamels it is about. Recommendation: this resort avoid.
Information about Hotel River Kwai Village
Hotel description *
- LocationThis unique jungle resort is located in the upper part of the River Kwai valley, approximately 70 km from the world renowned 'Bridge on the River Kwai’. It is approximately 48 km from Erawan waterfall and the Srinakarin Dam and around 73 km from Kanchanaburi war cemetery. The Nam Tok railway is approximately 7 km from the resort.
- The hotel is the first jungle resort in Kanchanaburi, Thailand, and offers guests an ideal vacation with tranquillity, natural beauty and comfortable accommodation. Room and laundry services are provided, whilst guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in the nearby car park. The hotel has a total of 191 rooms and also has currency exchange facilities.
- Accommodation units are situated in various locations, in the midst of the jungle, by the natural waterfall and in the tropical gardens. The air-conditioned rooms are decorated uniquely in a local style and have a bathroom with a hot and cold shower, a hairdryer, telephone, refrigerator, minibar, satellite TV, a 220-volt power outlet and tea and coffee making facilities. Each room also comes with a private balcony or terrace.
- There is a swimming pool with a water slide and hot tub within the hotel grounds, and guests can relax with traditional Thai and oil massage and spa treatments. Other sports and leisure activities open to guests include snooker, campfires, walking rallies, raft excursions and long-tailed boat trips. The beautiful surroundings are also ideal for cycling or walking.
- Jungle View restaurant offers a variety of sumptuous menus ranging from authentic Thai cuisine to European cuisine. A wide selection of light snacks and cool beverages can be enjoyed by guests who choose to leisurely relax around our unique swimming pool surrounded by natural waterfalls or on a raft on the river in a quiet and tranquil environment.
- MasterCard and Visa are accepted as methods of payment.
- The hotel is situated in Nakhon Pathom in Tha-Sao of Sai Yok in Kanchanaburi. It is in the upper part of the beautiful River Kwai Valley. Drive approximately 2 hours from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, and continue just 70 km from the famous bridge along the River Kwai to the hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Shops in the hotel
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Hair dryer
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See