We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Klaus & Sonja
Top startpoint for sightseeing
- February 2014
good location as startpoint to explore the city, roof top restaurant&bar great rooms need to renovate, no parking, because pedestrian zone
New management required
- Nicht empfohlen
- June 2013
Unfortunately while we were there all the streets around the hotel is not navigable. Therefore we had including baggage walk to the hotel, felt 20 minutes Arrived at the hotel, was the check-in possible without problems. We had a room with a window onto the street. Please note, there are also rooms with a window to the corridor. Condition of the whole hotel is very worn. The only great, the old elevator ☺ The only downside is that the roof terrace to september closed for remodeling. Thus could we the great prospect not enjoy. The stars the hotel has not ... deserved.
Only the view from the roof is great
- Nicht empfohlen
- March 2013
The hotel is located in a pedestrian zone, so you would its suit-case by the tourist mile drag there must. If you into the room comes, you directly to bed and smothered then at the sticky and humid air, since the air conditioning only works, if you the room card plug in. They also have the rooms just 'window to the corridor'! The bed was for two people are livable, we could sleep however because of the noisy air conditioning anyway not! The breakfast on the roof some compensated, the food was although it is only ok, but the views ... of havanas old town was perfect! For showering we had, why also always, only small towels for the hands, but at least was the water warm!
star hotel, with 1 star living
- Nicht empfohlen
- March 2013
At a time when it was built, surely a very good hotel. However, there is virtually no unterhaltsarbeiten. Four star bebäude with a 1 star maintenance is very probably the best description for the hotel.
Kulthotel in spe
- Nachweis erbracht
- November 2012
Hotel with historical atmosphere. When you a room with a balcony has, so you feel right in the middle of the life of the streets. The roof terrace, on the breakfast is served, offer panoramic views of port and old town.
Information about Hotel Ambos Mundos
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis centrally-located city hotel is ideally placed for those wishing to visit attractions such as the Perfumería Habana, the Museo de la Ciudad, or the Plaza de Armas in the historic centre. Playa del Este beach lies approximately 15 km away.
- The hotel offers discreet and eclectic architecture from the 1920s, offers a cosy and intimate atmosphere, and stands out as a unique landmark. During the 1930s it was visited by the North American author and winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature Ernest Hemingway. During his stay he wrote the first chapter of his novel "For Whom the Bell Tolls“ and once stated that the hotel was “a good place to write in”. Today, Hemingway’s room exhibits many of his personal belongings, among them his typewriter. Constructed in 1923, the hotel comprises a total of 49 rooms, of which three are suites, spread across three storeys. Facilities on offer include a lobby area with a reception desk manned around the clock, a currency exchange facility, a hotel safe, a cloakroom, and lift access. Guests may also take advantage of the café, the bar, the air-conditioned restaurant with highchairs available for children, and the conference room. Younger guests can also let off steam in the kid’s club. Hemingway’s favourite dishes are available on the menu at the Plaza de Armas restaurant. In the wonderful roof garden of the hotel, guests may sample a delicious grilled meal while enjoying the best views out over Habana. It is also possible to make use of the room and laundry services, the public Internet connection, and the parking facility.
- The rooms all come with an en suite bathroom with hairdryer, some of which are disabilty-friendly. Also provided as standard in every accommodation unit is a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, a minibar, a king-size bed, a hire safe, an iron and ironing board, and either a terrace or balcony. The air conditioning is centrally regulated.
- Guests may serve themselves at the breakfast buffet. Lunch and dinner may be taken à la carte, lunch may also be taken as a set menu. It is possible to book bed and breakfast or a half-board stay.
- MasterCard and Visa are accepted as payment methods.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See