Grand Hotel Minerva(4 stars)Piazza Santa Maria Novella 16 50123 Florence View on map
At a glance
- Value for money (3) "Value for money" found in 3 reviews
- " Value for money just great. The location is incredibly central! I would always book it again. Particularly the ... "March 2012
- " Great hotel "April 2012
- " Super for the visit to Florence. Value for money for the location top. We were very impressed. Tip: breakfast in one of the directly opposite ... "April 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (3) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 3 reviews
- " Value for money just great. The location is incredibly central! I would always book it again. Particularly the ... " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- " Great hotel " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- " Super for the visit to Florence. Value for money for the location top. We were very impressed. Tip: breakfast in one of the directly opposite ... " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- Hotel in general (3)
- Nachweis erbracht
- September 2013
The hotel is situated on a pedestrianised zone. The building is a renovated townhouse. It is a typical city hotel of tourists love to visit. The hotel's condition is good to very good.
- May 2013
Very friendly and accommodating staff at the front desk. Really beautiful roof terrace with a pool overlooking the historic part. Versatile breakfast buffet. Great room or suites. Since we in the april/may traveled we could under different rooms and these also respected.
- March 2013
Central location. Very poorly soundproofed rooms. Window to the animated place just, therefore you think, all would the room walk and around 06:30 is the night over. A shame, the potential offers more.
In the middle of in the heart of Florence
- Nachweis erbracht
- February 2013
The Grand Hotel Minerva is absolutely centrally located. From the train station and airport was super. And then in the middle of Florence. All sights convenient on your doorstep. I am here every year in february and has always single room, the very nice however nothing special large. This time i had not only a double room, but actually a suite. With jacuzzi and dressing room. Absolutely quiet inner courtyard and has a extratür to the corridor lockable. Also in future i will choose this hotel again and it can Florence tourists absolutely recommend.
- October 2012
The perfect hotel for a city break. The pool at the roof is one of a kind and View wonderful! Breakfast really good and the triple room spacious - extra bed Is a real bed.
Information about Grand Hotel Minerva
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationEnjoying a wonderful central position at the heart of historic Florence, this city hotel lies on the Piazza Santa Maria Novella. Due to its fabulous location many of the city's attractions are to be found nearby. A short stroll through the wonderful stroll will take visitors to the Duomo, the Campanile di Giotto, the Uffizi Gallery as well as other important and historical sights of interest. Links to the public transport network can easily be reached on foot.
- Built in 1400, this hotel is spread over 5 floors and has 102 rooms, of which 10 are single rooms, 87 are double rooms and 5 are suites. Guests may make use of the foyer with 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a currency exchange desk and a lift. A bar, a pub, a TV room and an air-conditioned à la carte restaurant with highchairs for infants are included in the facilities available. A conference room and a public Internet terminal are also available. Cars can be parked in the hotel's private car park. Room and laundry services round off the facilities.
- The tastefully decorated rooms come with an en suite bathroom with hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, an Internet connection, a radio, a minibar/ fridge, carpeting, air conditioning and central heating as well as a hire safe.
- The roof has a splendid swimming pool, a snack bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers laid out ready for use.
- Breakfast is on offer each morning. Guests may select their breakfast from a buffet. Lunch and dinner may be taken à la carte or chosen from the menu.
- American Express, Diners Club and MasterCard are accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersAn exclusive four-star superior hotel in Florence, the Grand Hotel Minerva is a mixture of art and design, not only in its interior, where it is embellished with the work of the architects Detti and Scarpa, but also outside because of its central location in Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, close to the historic town centre and the major marvels of Florence. From its grand terrace, overlooking the city and providing an enchanting venue for any type of refreshments, ceremonies and receptions, it is possible to enjoy spectacular views of Florence. The hotel roof has a beautiful swimming pool with breathtaking views of Florence's Cathedral and the city's major monuments. Our guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi connection in all rooms and throughout the hotel.
- LocationThe Grand Hotel Minerva is located in the historic town centre of Florence, in Piazza Santa Maria Novella, right alongside the beautiful church. All of the city’s most important monuments, the famous shopping boulevards, the Santa Maria Novella Station and the Conference Centre are easily and pleasantly reachable on foot. For those arriving by train - our hotel is only a three minute walk from Santa Maria Novella Central railway station.
- AccommodationThe Grand Hotel Minerva has 102 rooms consisting of:: Classic Rooms Superior Rooms Junior Suites and Suites Family Suites Presidential Suite We have double rooms, triple rooms and family suites designed for those travelling with children. All our bright, spacious rooms are tastefully furnished. Click on the type of room to find out more. All rooms have free Wi-Fi. Every room has: a kettle with coffee and tea; air conditioning; minibar; hairdryer; Satellite TV; Pay-per-view TV and a safe-deposit box. Discover also the services specifically designed for travelling ladies. The hotel has rooms that have been adapted for people with disabilities.
- Food and DrinkThe Restaurant ‘I Chiostri’, with its large spaces decorated with beautiful paintings and illuminated by large glass windows that face the internal garden, may host up to 180 people. From April to October the patio in Piazza Santa Maria Novella offers summer dishes along with the main menu. The restaurant has become a meeting place for Florentines and a restaurant of a certain standard for its guests and it offers some of the best traditional Mediterranean and Tuscan dishes reinterpreted by our Chef Sandro Pedica. Closed on Sunday.
- LeisureThe Grand Hotel Minerva has a pleasant surprise in store on the fifth floor for all its guests - a marvellous panoramic terrace from where to take-in one of the world's most beautiful views. The façade of the Church of Santa Maria Novella, the Cathedral, Giotto’s Bell tower and the Palazzo Vecchio are all just a stone’s throw away to enjoy a 360o view that will take your breath away. The terrace also has a magnificent swimming pool available for its guests to use freely. It is open every day from May to September between 9.00 am and midnight and it is equipped with sun loungers with which to get a tan with a view over the rooftops of Florence
- Other facilities and servicesHospitality is measured in smiles, not stars: the smiles we offer our guests, and the smiles we steal from them. Hospitality is a trained, kind and smiling staff: Ours. Hospitality means keeping our guests’ stay free from problems, it means anticipating their needs and satisfying them with an array of services: Ours.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Diabetic menu
- Hotel bar
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Tanning booth
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See