We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- January 2013
Oh yes, better to misspell it. The reality is that. A place where you regret if the reservation is only for one night, as in our case. From the warm welcome and the customized service, the feeling is to be a part of the "family", without unwanted intrusions. The Lodge is located in the peaceful Leisure island, 5 min. drive from the centre of Knysna. At the entrance the large bright windows already open up a world. Rooms are warm, flawlessly appointed, full of intriguing details and a selection of books and magazines. Our bathroom wasn't huge, but with all ... the trimmings and the usual large shower you find commonly in South Africa (what a great thing!). The wooden balcony faces the lagoon, and the usual stunning african sunset is never far away. It is equipped with 2 long chair for sunbath and a table. Beds were comfortable and linen neat. Great choice of amenities and books in the common area, closeby where breakfast is served. A real lounge room with a mighty atmosphere and a "serve yourself" bar supplied with drinks and spirits. Alongside with the place, breakfast is excellent, with a full choice and yummy offering of the best english syle (and the more yellow scrambled eggs I've ever get!). Check in and check out procedures are smart and easy, value for money downright positive. To be improved the signage from the city to get to the lodge (we had to ask), the in room wifi signal, mostly weak, and dissociate the light from the ventilation in the bathroom, in the long run slightly noisy. Definitely the best place we've stayed in along the Garden route and one of the remarkable top end places in the South African hospitality industry. We'll be back for sure.
Beautiful small lodge
- January 2013
Small, family-run lodge right at the waterfront with very friendly owners, very recommendable, however only with your own car distance, as a whole piece from the center of the knysna away
Relaxation in a lovingly run lodge
- Nachweis erbracht
- November 2012
The lodge is located on a small, idyllic island, on the tides from the room observe can. The rooms are massive and beautiful. Highly recommended the rooms are on the top floor; as the 'basement' unfortunately because of the feuchen climate during our trip a bit musty smell. The hosts, however especially the staff Margaret are lovely. Margaret was unbelievably helpful, hospitable and kind to us. The breakfast was terrific-the muffins, pastries etc. Were fresh in the lodge baked! Busy in this area not, you have to a car to have supermarkets, restaurants etc. To achieve.
Small clean hotel with hospitable owner
- Nachweis erbracht
- April 2012
The two host are very helpful and try to fulfill every request. One evening we were allowed for example your personal Grillequipment to the beach and take than a Championsleagespiel, my friend wanted to see in the television ran, the host everything done, that it via pay tv ( for us but free) could see. The breakfast was hearty and with a lot of fresh fruit. Altogether one could say, that it is of course no massive luxury Shelter for all inclusive vacation is, but a small clean guest house, the classy and modern and didn't miss anything.
Information about Amanzi Island Lodge
- Address::31 Cearn Drive, Leisure Isle
- What the hotel offersOn the shores of the Knysna Lagoon you'll find Amanzi Island Lodge, a tranquil beachhouse on Leisure Isle with spectacular views of the Knysna Heads and Featherbed Nature Reserve. All our spacious bedrooms open out, either onto a balcony or garden, to overlook the lagoon. Enjoy a lazy, scrumptious breakfast as you watch the slow turning of the tides. Guests can relax in our large, comfortable lounge or enjoy a sundowner at the well-stocked honesty bar. Soak up the sun at the secluded swimming pool in our garden, or doze under the large Milkwood tree where you’ll be accompanied by sunbirds, turacos and the resident Burchell’s coucal. Amanzi Island Lodge has a private swimming pool and bicycles, canoes and paddle skis for the guests to explore the island and the lagoon.
- LocationOn the shores of the Knysna Lagoon with spectacular views of the Knysna Heads and Featherbed Nature Reserve. Knysna is the heart of the Garden Route, making Amanzi Lodge the perfect base to explore the many attractions this spectacular part of South Africa has to offer.
- Food and DrinkBreakfast is complementary, and included in the rates.
- LeisureBicycles and canoes available. Swimming pool.
- Other facilities and servicesBicycles and canoes. Credit cards. Children by arrangement. All of our bedrooms have: Lagoon views Air-conditioning Tea and coffee making facilities Digital electronic safes
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
Other hotel information
- Gay friendly
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See