Hotel review overview
WOW - Simply an Amazing Experience!
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- March 2015
What a great experience - couldnt have been better!! Autstanding service, great ambiance, amazing F&B, interior design and a great focus to the detail .... the list goes on and on. Simply perfect!
Loving by the lake
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- November 2013
Being one of the oldest hotels in Zurich, Baur au Lac is just great. Right in the middle of the city, situated by the lake and close to the famous Bahnhofstrasse, it stands up to its reputation. Each and every one of the guest is a VIP for the staff. The hotel is privately owned, small with about 124 rooms, 2 restaurants and a lounge bar. They have a fitness facility on the top floor with the beautiful view of the lake. The hotel building is about 170 years old. The rooms have a good view as well, some overlooking ... the hotel gardens and the lake while others with the city view. The rooms are big, beds comfortable and elaborate bathrooms with free WiFi access. All the guests are welcomed with a plate of fruits and water, which are changed everyday. The staff at the hotel are really very friendly and courteous. The front desk walks to your room and explains everything in there and are always smiling. If you want to go around the city, the concierge helps you out with all the arrangements. Want to go for a picnic by the lake, they will arrange a picnic basket for you as well. Baur au Lac offers 24 hour room service, a different menu after midnight. They also have their own garage where the cars are also given the VIP treatment. The 2 restaurants are worth going. Excellent service, good food. One of the restaurants, Le Francais, is just shy of a Michelin Star! It offers great french cuisine with exceptional taste. In the summer, this restaurant moves to the hotel gardens. The other casual dining restaurant and bar is called Rive Gauche is the place to be for all the bankers and others working around that area. One might be able to see a VIP and can have a drink with him or her. Overall this hotel is great and it caters to business and casual travelers. Its central location is an advantage and in spite of that, the hotel has a feel of a resort in the countryside. If you like to be treated as a VIP, Baur au Lac is the place.
Information about Hotel Baur au Lac
- What the hotel offersThe Baur au Lac has the discerning tastes of its guests to thank for the leading position it has maintained for 165 years in the international luxury hotel industry. Extensive renovation upholds this tradition and guarantees continuity.
- LocationSet in its own park, the hotel enjoys a unique location overlooking the lake and the Alps – and yet is still but a few minutes’ walk from the Paradeplatz financial district and the Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich’s celebrated shopping high street.
- AccommodationThe hotel offers 120 rooms ranging from 25 sqm to 100 sqm and including 27 junior suites and 18 suites. Great emphasis was laid on spaciousness, top-quality materials and superior craftsman-ship.
- Food and DrinkThe elegant Pavillon restaurant, reworked from top to toe, is now open all year round. Exquisite creations are matched to a T by the restaurant’s excellent service. An encyclopedic wine list reflects the unrivaled expertise of the Baur au Lac’s own wine cellar. «Fine casual dining» in the Rive Gauche restaurant: A sparkling blend of chic restaurant and bar, the Rive Gauche gives straight onto the city center – the ideal place for hotel guests to mingle with Zurich's youthful, cosmopolitan society.
- Other facilities and servicesThe courteous personal attention bestowed on the guest at every turn is shot through with an immaculate sense of style and class.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Business Centre Use: free
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Satellite TV
- Free minibar
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Pets allowed
- Complementary bottle of water
- Number of restaurants altogether: 2
- Number of restaurants for non-guests: 2
- Vegetarian dishes
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars altogether: 1
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- EC Maestro
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See