Hotel review overview
Information about Villa Principe Leopoldo
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationEspecially suited for long stays, families or business trips, this family-friendly club resort is approximately 2 km from the centre of Lugano, where guests will find numerous shops, restaurants, bars and nightlife as well as the train station and Lake Lugano. Links to the public transport network are to be found just 500 metres from the city hotel, while the Lido di Lugano public beach is around a 10-minute drive. Other nearby places of interest include the Swissminiatur miniature park (5 km away), Bellinzona Castles (25 km away) and the Fox Town outlet shops (15 km away). Como is around half an hour by car from the business hotel and the city of Milan is approximately an hour's drive.
- The hotel features 38 accommodation units. Guests of the hotel are welcomed in the lobby, which has a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service. Amenities include a cloakroom, a safe and currency exchange facilities. Internet access and wireless internet access (no extra charge) are available in the public areas. The hotel offers a range of amenities for a comfortable stay, including gastronomic options such as a restaurant, a breakfast room, a café and a bar. A garden is among the features contributing to a pleasant stay. A newspaper stand is also among the amenities at the hotel. Parking facilities available to guests include a garage and a car park. Additional services include a babysitting service and a laundry.
- The hotel offers smoking rooms. All rooms feature air conditioning, central heating and a bathroom. A balcony or terrace is also included as standard. In addition, a safe, a minibar and a desk are available. Each accommodation unit offers internet access, a telephone, a TV, a radio and wireless internet access. Guests will also find slippers provided. Each of the bathrooms features a shower, a bath, a hairdryer and bathrobes.
- The hotel offers an outdoor pool. Parasols are available. The hot tub offers revitalisation. There is also a poolside snack bar. Those wishing to enjoy sports whilst on holiday can have fun on-site with tennis. In addition, cycling/mountain biking and golf are offered for a fee. A gym, table tennis and gymnastics are some of the sports and leisure options available at the hotel. The hotel offers a range of spa options, including a spa, a sauna and massage treatments, or for an additional fee, a solarium. Guests are entertained with live music in a friendly atmosphere.
- The hotel offers the following bookable meals and board options: breakfast and B & B.
- The following credit cards are accepted at the hotel: American Express, VISA, Diners Club, JCB and MasterCard.
- What the hotel offersLuxury fit for Royalty Class, luxury and refinement enchant with Mediterranean style and pure elegance. Here, guests feel like a King. No wonder, as Villa Principe Leopoldo actually was once a prince’s residence. Enchanting its guests with an unequalled view over Lake Lugano and the surrounding mountains, Villa Principe Leopoldo, still expresses the grand elegance of a royal place of abode in its architecture, furnishings, hospitality and service. Moreover, the superb quality of each and every detail makes it one of the most exclusive Hotels in Switzerland. The Principe Leopoldo Restaurant, precious show piece of the Hotel, boasts excellent write-ups in the most important international guides. The Principe Piano Bar & Lounge offers an exclusive selection of excellent cocktails and wines, champagne and malt whiskies accompanied every evening by live music. For total well-being, the Kiso Spa, a veritable paradise, offers a relaxing ambience made of luxury, privacy, personalized treatments based on its own top quality cosmetic line. As to leisure time, two heated outdoor swimming pools, two tennis courts and a fitness centre with personal trainer are available. This refined boutique Hotel bestows upon its guests the warmest of welcomes, impeccable service and the highest standards of comfort and well-being. Member of Relais & Chateaux, Villa Principe Leopoldo is a harmonious blend of Italian charm and Swiss excellence.
- LocationSet in the tranquillity and privacy of Lugano’s exclusive “Golden Hill” (Collina d’Oro), Villa Principe Leopoldo is the perfect place in which to enjoy the luxury of large open spaces, far from the crowds and frenzy of city life; to relax in the rooms of a royal residence; to sip a drink while taking in the breathtaking views of the lake and mountains; to let yourself be pampered by our staff, who are attentive to your every need; to savour exquisite dishes accompanied by a fine vintage wine; and, above all, to take time for yourself. The hotel’s 37 junior suites and suites, spacious and elegantly furnished, all have terraces overlooking the garden or the lake. A charming extension of the Villa, the refined Residence has 38 rooms and is located in a lush green setting. This delightful hotel is also an ideal venue for banquets and conferences, offering large rooms and a splendid outdoor area ideal for exclusive parties and weddings.
- AccommodationDie gedämpfte Atmosphäre gemütlicher Räume, umgeben von üppiger Natur im strahlenden Sonnenschein. Das Hotel besitzt 37 Zimmer und Suiten in der Villa sowie 38 Zimmer und Suiten in der Residence. Alle Zimmer sind geräumig, geschmackvoll eingerichtet, sehr hell, gross und mit allem Komfort ausgestattet. Jedes Zimmer mit Balkon zum Garten oder zum See.
- Food and DrinkFranzösisches Können und echte italienische Tradition. Eine ehrliche Küche, die mit grosser Leidenschaft und im Respekt des Produkts zubereitet wird, die nach Süden schaut, jedoch immer darauf bedacht ist, auch die Traditionen der nahen Lombardei und des Tessins sowie die klassische Küche und Gerichte nach Grossmutterart einfliessen zu lassen. Eine Küche, die dank dem grossen Können von Chefkoch Dario Ranza mehrfach prämiert wurde. Das Restaurant wird in namhaften internationalen Führern wie Les Grandes Tables, Gault Millau und Veronelli zitiert.
- LeisureDer Hotelkomplex verfügt über: •zwei beheizte Freibäder (von Mai bis September) •zwei Tennisplätze mit Kunstrasen •gut ausgerüsteten Fitnessraum mit Herz-Kreislauf-Geräten und Sauna •Personal Trainer, die den Gästen im Fitnessraum für die Gestaltung individueller Fitnessprogramme zur Verfügung stehen KISO SPA Ein Beauty Spa bezaubernd wie eine Perle, wo natürliche Kosmetika in High-Tech-Formel in verborgenen und exklusiven Räumen eines faszinierenden Hotels der Schönheit huldigen. Ein schlicht wunderbarer Ort, nur für Gäste der Villa Principe Leopoldo zugänglich.
- Other facilities and servicesJeder Gast ist besonders und einzigartig. In einer Atmosphäre, in der häusliche Gemütlichkeit und 5-Sterne-Service eins sind, darf er sich überraschen lassen und sich wohl fühlen. Ob er eine Limousine mieten oder im Helikopter anreisen will, ob er einen Personal Shopper wünscht oder eine Kirche mieten möchte: jeder Wunsch wird ihm erfüllt. Unsere ganze Aufmerksamkeit gilt seinen Must’s, seinen Don’t’s und seinen I would like’s, damit jeder Aufenthalt unvergesslich bleibt.
Dear guests, Only on the official site of the Villa Principe Leopoldo Hotel & Spa and the nearby Residence Principe Leopoldo. By directly using our own online booking search engine, we can guarantee that you will receive the very best booking conditions, the best availability of room categories, access to all promotions and special offers and the possibility of personalising your stay to suit your needs. The system provides the utmost security, dynamicity and simplicity during the booking process.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Inside access
- Dressing room
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Number of restaurant seats altogether: < 100
- Diabetic menu
- Vegetarian dishes
- A la carte
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars altogether: 1
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis court
- Number of tennis courts: 2
- Spa centre
- Special massages
- Tanning booth
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Check in from: 15:00
- Babysitting/Child services
- Business travellers
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- Cash payment
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See