Mercure Hotel Sydney(4 stars)818-820 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 View on map
At a glance
- Good location for excursions (4) "Good location for excursions" found in 4 reviews
- " Good hotel, not more brand new but clean and in a good location for excursions (S. Location and surroundings). "January 2012
- " Room was very commodious and clean, beds very comfortable. Despite relatively central location at the train station, very quiet. Bathroom with some signs of use, but all in all okay. "January 2012
- " hotel in a central location , but otherwise, oh well "January 2012
- " centrally located town hotel "February 2012
- Good hotel (1) "Good hotel" found in 1 review
- " Good hotel , not more brand new but clean and in a good location for excursions (S. Location and surroundings). "January 2012
- Very friendly and helpful staff (1) "Very friendly and helpful staff" found in 1 review
- " very friendly and helpful staff , especially at the front desk. "January 2012
Hotel review overview
The most helpful positive review
Good hotel, not more brand new but clean and in a good location for excursions (S. Location and surroundings). … read hotel review
The most helpful negative review
After 2004, we decided to 2012 time to this hotel to drive. We probably would have liked better a other should take. It is already quite strong in need of renovation. The situation but makes some again good, as it is right next to the central station. also the breakfast was rather average, not the best … read hotel review
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (1) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 1 review
- " Good hotel, not more brand new but clean and in a good location for excursions (S. Location and surroundings). " read hotel reviewJanuary 2012
- Hotel in general (1)
- Is Central (4) Comments related to "Location" found in 4 reviews
- January 2012
- " Room was very commodious and clean, beds very comfortable. Despite relatively central location at the train station, very quiet. Bathroom with some signs of use, but all in all okay. " read hotel reviewJanuary 2012
- " hotel in a central location, but otherwise, oh well " read hotel reviewJanuary 2012
- " centrally located town hotel " read hotel reviewFebruary 2012
- Is Central (4)
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- March 2013
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- January 2012
- Hotel not recommended
- City break
- November 2011
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- November 2011
Information about Mercure Hotel Sydney
Hotel description *
- LocationThis hotel lies adjacent to the Central Railway Station in Sydney, and is within easy walking distance of both Chinatown and Darling Harbour.
- This hotel comprises a total of 517 guest rooms and suites. Guests are welcomed into the hotel lobby, which features a 24-hour reception service. On-site dining options include 2 restaurants and a bar, and conference facilities are also available for up to 280 delegates. Room and laundry services are provided. Guests arriving by car can leave their vehicles in an undercover car park.
- The well-appointed rooms and suites have been furnished in a modern and contemporary style, featuring light wood grain finishes and contemporary splashes of colour to capture the vibrancy of Sydney. Room types available include Superior Twin, Superior Double or Deluxe Double rooms. The hotel also offers a choice of non-smoking rooms and disabled rooms, as well as a number of interconnecting rooms that are perfect for families. En suite with bathtub/shower, the rooms include amenities such as hairdryer, satellite TV, radio and Internet access. A mini fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and an ironing set are also available, and the rooms feature king-size beds and individually regulated air conditioning.
- The hotel grounds include a 24-hour indoor swimming pool, as well as a sauna for relaxation purposes. Those looking to stay in shape can head to the on-site gym for a workout.
- Guests at this hotel can enjoy a bountiful breakfast buffet and sumptuous dinners at the signature restaurant. Alternatively they can gather with friends at the end of the day for a cocktail or chilled beer.
- From Sydney Airport, follow O Riordan Street and turn left into Botany Road (sign says CITY / REDFERN). Turn left into Henderson Road. (sign says CITY / REDFERN), then right into Wyndham Street (sign says CITY / REDFERN), which becomes Gibbons Street then Regent Street. The hotel will be on the left. Turn left into Little Regent Street.
- What the hotel offersLocation! Location! Location! Mercure Sydney's convenient location is the perfect place from which to explore Sydney's major attractions, making it the perfect choice when travelling for both business and leisure. The hotel boasts 517 modern contemporary rooms over 14 levels. Other unique facilities include modern Australian restaurant - Four Elements Restaurant & Bar, casual Eve's Place Bistro & Bar, indoor swimming pool, gymnasium and sauna located on the rooftop.
- LocationMercure Sydney is located right in the heart of Sydney, next to Central Station, giving you easy access to local major attractions including Darling Harbour, Cockle Bay Wharf, The Powerhouse Museum, Chinatown and within vibrant shopping and entertainment precincts. With the convenience of direct rail access to and from the airport, other public transport located right at your doorstep and with a free shuttle bus 555 travelling all the way up to Circular Quay, you can be sure to be just moments away from Sydney’s famous attractions including the Sydney’s Opera House, Sydney's iconic Harbour Bridge and historic Rocks precinct, making it the ideal choice when travelling for both business and leisure.
- AccommodationAll 517 well-appointed modern contemporary rooms and suites over 14 floors have been designed to suit young and matured singles or couples looking for a city getaway, families on holiday exploring the wonders of Sydney or corporate guests requiring combination of convenience and comfort. Mercure Sydney offers 6 different room types to choose from including Standard, City View, Privilege Rooms, Balcony Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and Family Rooms. All featuring light wood grain finishes with modern splashes of colour to reflect the vibrant Sydney backdrop, flat screen LCD televisions, fluffy doonas and European pillows as per your selection from the pillows menu, equipped with an iron and ironing board, in-room safe, hi-speed broadband internet, pay-per-view movies and the luxury of 24 hour room service. To experience a higher level of comfort, choose the Privilege room at Mercure Sydney. Located on the 13th floor, guests staying in the Privilege Room will enjoy complimentary benefits on arrival including complimentary chocolates, hotel use of deluxe bathrobe & slippers, a bottle of Evian mineral water, in-room broadband internet access, Espresso coffee machine and a fine selection of T2 teas.
- Food and DrinkBring back the old favorites with a modern twist. Enjoy regionally produced food and wine in Mercure Sydney Hotel’s new modern Four Elements Restaurant & Bar, combining casual dining with a fresh, well balanced tapas style menu introducing a variety of selections varying from Aussie Classics to International Dishes, made to enhance your senses with the vibrant and unique setting atmosphere. The Four Elements Restaurant & Bar opens 7 days a week from 6:30am – 10:00am on Monday to Friday and 7:00am – 11:00am on Saturday and Sunday for a Full Buffet Breakfast with a wide selection of hot and cold dishes to choose from and a healthy enormous range of fresh fruits, stewed foods and yogurts. Dinner starts from 6pm – 10pm every night and is always a guests’ favorite meal of the day as Mercure Sydney offers nothing but the best in Australian local produce. At the Restaurant, you could also experience the real Mercure moments with a variety of flavours from the ‘Pure Pleasures’ menu including Grand Vins wines to pair with each individual’s meal or by the glass itself. Enjoy indulgent hot beverages including a range of perfectly roasted and blended coffees and the blossoming of handcrafted white tea bulbs. Continue the wonderful evening by sitting back and relax at Four Elements Bar with a few friends over cocktails with matching mini ‘tasting’ sensations. For a lively sports bar option, try Eve’s Place located on the ground level. With a wide choice of popular tap beers, wines & cocktails; experience the contemporary and friendly atmosphere while enjoying your favorite sports on our large, flat-screen TV.
- LeisureTo stay fit and healthy no matter when and where, the 24 hour indoor heated swimming pool, gymnasium and sauna located on the rooftop allow guests to maintain their fitness level even on a holiday trip.
- Other facilities and servicesOther unique facilities include hospitality room on the 9th floor that serves for early arrival and late check-out guests who require the convenience of freshening up before or after they take off for their overseas trip, souvenir shop, indoor rooftop swimming pool, sauna, gym, 9 event rooms, a brand new modern restaurant & bar (Four Elements) on Level One and casual bar options – Eve’s Place Bistro & Bar on Ground Level. Save your time finding for a car parking spot as time is gold. The hotel has a secure undercover 8 level car park for up to 120 cars and guests get to enjoy parking at a discounted rate of $22 per 24 hour period from Sunday to Thursday and $28 from Friday to Saturday.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Family room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Business centre
- Cash machine on site
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See