At a glance
- Good hotel (2) "Good hotel" found in 2 reviews
- " Good hotel , the better Times has "March 2012
- " The hotel certainly has already better Times, but it was nevertheless a good stay . However we were just a few days and for a longer stay I would next time an other hotel choose. ... "March 2012
- The staff spoke very good English (1) "The staff spoke very good English" found in 1 review
- " The hotel certainly has already better Times, but it was nevertheless a good stay. However we were just a few days and for a longer stay I would next time an other hotel choose. The staff spoke very good English and a little German. The breakfast left a little to desire. The coffee did not taste us and the ... "March 2012
Hotel review overview
The most helpful positive review
For a three-star hotel in the south we were very impressed. The condition and the size of the rooms were completely sufficient. Furthermore was every day the room cleaned and you got new clean towels. Also the size of the hotel it made rather comfortable. … read hotel review
The most helpful negative review
Ageing and carelessly run hotel. The more positive general other reviews here, I can not understand. Breakfast in the basement behind a reassuringly strong ( Brandschutztür as you from local boiler rooms knows). The tables with a whole stack Wegwerfpapiertischdecken covered-is much easier, but you need only the top table cloth away (WAD) and the table is' about ' clean. The' breakfast buffet' not worth mentioning actually a cheek! The room large enough, b … read hotel review
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (2) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 2 reviews
- Hotel in general (2)
- Good knowledge of foreign languages (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " The hotel certainly has already better Times, but it was nevertheless a good stay. However we were just a few days and for a longer stay I would next time an other hotel choose. The staff spoke very good English and a little German. The breakfast left a little to desire. The coffee did not taste us and the ... " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Good knowledge of foreign languages (1)
- Nicht empfohlen
- October 2012
- September 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- August 2012
Information about Hotel Montemar
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is located near the centre of Lagos in an area with several beautiful beaches such as Pinhão, Dona Ana, Porto de Mós and Meia Praia, which is only 600 m away. The hotel is ideal for spending a relaxing holiday with the family and offers a variety of leisure activities. Those guests looking for adventure may take advantage of the fact that this hotel is close to Sagres, the Algarve’s historical area, and to Portimao (1.5 km), one of the Algarve region's main cities. Faro Airport is only 80 km away.
- Renovated in 2007, this city beach hotel enjoys a splendid location and offers comfortable surroundings. It welcomes families and comprises a total of 65 rooms. Facilities on offer to guests at this air-conditioned establishment include a lobby area with a 24-hour reception and check-out service, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a lift, a games room and a TV lounge. Guests are also offered a comfortable family bar with a sunny terrace, a laundry service (for an additional fee), Internet access (charges apply) and a garage (charges apply) as well as a breakfast room and bicycle hire (charges apply).
- The rooms are equipped with satellite TV, a radio, a fully equipped bathroom, a direct dial telephone, a safe and individually adjustable air conditioning. The rooms are all soundproofed and insulated and come with a double bed and either a balcony or a terrace.
- The hotel offers strategy games for all ages and guests can take advantage of the typical Algarve weather on one of the surrounding beaches. Water and land-based sports are on offer from local companies and staff at reception will be happy to provide information on the leisure options. It is possible to enjoy cycling for an additional fee and the hotel is only 10 minutes away from the nearest golf course.
- This hotel offers bed and breakfast stays and guests may select their breakfast from a continental-style buffet.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted at this hotel.
- The reception desk is open 24 hours a day.
- Guests arriving on the A22 motorway should take the 2nd exit for Lagos. At the 2nd roundabout turn left, pass the traffic lights and continue along Lagos' main road. On reaching the Bola de Ferro roundabout, guests will find the hotel directly before them on the right hand side.
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See