Hotel Panacée Grand Römerbad(4 stars)Schlossplatz 1, 79410 Badenweiler View on map
At a glance
- Great location (1) "Great location" found in 1 review
- " ... blind Waiter: bored and uninterested (with a exception a bedrock, the already 40 years there is ) Kitchen: not used but with a menu per day for 42. - too expensive. It is simply a misery. Great location , wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and ... "June 2012
- Accommodating staff (1) "Accommodating staff" found in 1 review
- " ... misery. Great location, wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and maintenance costs loads of money, but this is the first time not at all. Clean room, accommodating staff , tasty food - and see the reviews here completely different from! "June 2012
- Tasty food (1) "Tasty food" found in 1 review
- " ... wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and maintenance costs loads of money, but this is the first time not at all. Clean room, accommodating staff, tasty food - and see the reviews here completely different from! "June 2012
- The hotel is very outdated (1) "The hotel is very outdated" found in 1 review
- " ... the entire pool empty need to do, the bla bla. Blah like always, the staff were not really motivated us a serving. The hotel room was a nightmare. For a 5 + house I was really shocked. The hotel is very outdated . Everything is oxidized and totally consumed. You have to pay for everything. Even for the ... "June 2012
- Read more
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalCons
- Hotel in general (1) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 1 review
- " ... the entire pool empty need to do, the bla bla. Blah like always, the staff were not really motivated us a serving. The hotel room was a nightmare. For a 5 + house I was really shocked. The hotel is very outdated. Everything is oxidized and totally consumed. You have to pay for everything. Even for the ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Hotel in general (1)
- Surroundings (1) Comments related to "Location" found in 1 review
- " ... blind Waiter: bored and uninterested (with a exception a bedrock, the already 40 years there is ) Kitchen: not used but with a menu per day for 42. - too expensive. It is simply a misery. Great location, wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Surroundings (1)
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... misery. Great location, wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and maintenance costs loads of money, but this is the first time not at all. Clean room, accommodating staff, tasty food - and see the reviews here completely different from! " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Service Friendliness (1)
- Quality (1) Comments related to "Food" found in 1 review
- " ... wonderful house, but it is missing simply at motivation. We are aware, renovations and maintenance costs loads of money, but this is the first time not at all. Clean room, accommodating staff, tasty food - and see the reviews here completely different from! " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Quality (1)
Grandhotel roman bath
- June 2013
Ok a 5 star hotel it is not, but otherwise never as bad as partly in the reviews. We had the hotel first and then read the reviews. So we were expecting the worst, but it was partly exaggerated. We were friendly received, the elevator worked without problems (ok it is not the most modern, but fear must you don't). The room (superior ) was very big and clean. Stains and so on. Like the other reviews to complain about, we found neither on the sofa or on the bed or otherwise where. The bathroom is very big and really ... nice. Only the ground should occasionally re-done, as a plates not so beautiful were. We in the shower should also replaced, but there was the bathroom nothing to complain about. Concerning the bed is true, the bed squeaks definitely and for a stay of more than 2-3 days i would probably nerves. The breakfast there was everything possible, thus there was something for everyone. In my opinion it's probably still a little more nicely arranged. But otherwise was the hall and everything beautiful and certainly the one or the other are amazed. Would certainly have been interesting to know, what was previously happened. Also we liked, that every morning a short summary of the main news on the table was. Lunch and supper we can unfortunately not judge, assen outside the hotel. Concerning the recreation, there are a lot of opportunities in Badenweiler. Because the reviews of the pools not so good, we preferred the cassopeia thermal baths. But we were not at all convinced. The car, is also quickly in Freiburg or other excursions, which we would recommend. It was positive overall and we could relax nicely. I think, we would also a 2. book times, we felt comfortable.
A bit older already, but recommendable!
- May 2013
Who hotels with history like is in the right place here. The whole establishment Certainly has already seen better days. One is tried here improvements to create, but for the size of the hotel certainly is not easy. We had a superior room with breakfast and a 3 course meal as dinner. Air conditioning system gives it in the whole hotel not, you can't expect. The structure of the guests 60 +, many swiss, french. The house belongs to the spanish ibb group
- Nicht empfohlen
- March 2013
The hotel is from a Grandhotel far away. It was perhaps earlier, now the atmosphere is rather depressing. It would require fundamental and thorough renovation, but there seemed no money to be there. A shame, it is an extraordinary building and it would be so much from it to make!
Hotel with a good atmosphere, friendly staff
- Nachweis erbracht
- March 2013
Even when the hotel historic, you feel but very comfortable in this area. The superior room was spacious and comfortably furnished. The bathroom was nice large and all fixtures worked perfect. It was everything available, the required bathrobe was missing. The breakfast buffet was diverse and perfect for a start in the new day. Unfortunately the restaurant because of a damaged closed, so that our half board not in the hotel enjoy could. After consultation with the deputy director mrs k. this problem was elegantly redissolved. We could very good restaurants our choice meals on costs of the hotel take. ... The staff was very friendly and always helpful. This hotel we could without reservation further-recommend.
No Grandhotel more
- Nicht empfohlen
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- March 2013
Sensational breakfast buffet, very clean, good food but not wow, poor tv picture, wlan cost extra (rip-off ), nice atmosphere through the splendour of old time, a nightmare for pipe smoker.
Information about Hotel Panacée Grand Römerbad
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is nestled in the peaceful centre of Badenweiler, situated in the middle of its own large hotel park with views of the Rhine plain and the Vosges, in the foothills of the southern Black Forest in the 3-country corner of Germany, France and Switzerland. Thanks to its location on top of a hill near Schlossplatz it enjoys a wonderful view of the old town of Badenweiler. There is a bus station about 200 m from the hotel and the closest train station is roughly 13 km away. EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg is approximately 35 km from the hotel.
- The hotel, which was built in 1823, is one of the greatest hotels in Baden as well as a historic building of great significance. This historical hotel with an ornamented facade holds 75 luxurious rooms and suites and was renovated in 2009. Guests are welcomed into a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service. Facilities at the hotel include a hotel safe, currency exchange facilities, cloakroom and lift access. There is a hairdressing salon and children's playground on the premises. Two restaurants (Römer-Keller with local cuisine, and the first-rate Panorama) as well as Caesar bar serve delightful meals. Six conference/banquet halls, fitted with modern equipment are most suitable for conferences, business meetings and seminars, as well as family reunions. WLAN Internet access is available (fees apply) and guests can take advantage of the hotel's room and laundry services. Guests arriving by car may park their vehicles in the hotel's car park or garage (fees apply). Bicycles can also be hired from the hotel (fees apply).
- All of the hotel's guest rooms have an en suite bathroom with shower, bath and hairdryer. Every room is fitted with a double bed and furnished in a modern style with a range of in-room amenities including a direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV, radio and WLAN Internet access. There is also a safe and minibar provided. Air conditioning is a standard feature in all accommodation. Each room has its own balcony or terrace.
- Guests can go swimming in the large indoor pool or the outdoor pool, which are filled with real thermal waters from the Roman baths at a pleasant 29 degrees Celsius. There is a poolside snack bar for refreshments and a sun terrace where guests can relax on sun loungers under parasols. Guests can keep fit by taking part in aqua fit and aerobics classes and by working out in the gym. They will find the hotel spa area to be well equipped, with the Vital Resort, Finnish sauna, solarium, infrared heat cabins and a hot tub. For an additional fee guests can book themselves in for a spa or massage treatment. Other leisure activities on offer include badminton, squash, tennis, table tennis, pool/snooker, bowling, minigolf, golf and biking.
- The hotel serves a breakfast buffet and guests may order lunch from a set menu and select dinner either from the buffet or from the set menu.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment at this hotel.
- The earliest check-in time is 3 pm. The latest check-out time is midday. Household pets are allowed (an extra charge applies).
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersForget the stresses of day-to-day living. Experience a world in Germany's sunniest south in which culture, quality and enjoyment have been carefully maintained for more than 180 years. Relax in the magical flair of our tradition-rich grand hotel. Breathe in the air of a magnificent past while you enjoy all of the amenities in a most modern standard of comfort.
- LocationOur hotel is located in the quiet central of Badenweiler, surrounded by own large park overlooking the Rhine valley and the Vosges. Badenweiler is located at the foot of the southern Black Forest, in the three border triangle Germany - France- Switzerland, between Freiburg and Basel, in the heart of the Markgräflerland.
- AccommodationHistorical comfort for those who demand the highest of standards. Relax and enjoy yourself in the beautifully, individually designed and spacious guest rooms of our Grandhotel with views over the Vosges, the Schlosspalais, castle ruin or the park. Our hotel offers 75 rooms with 125 beds on 3 floors: single and double rooms, suites, junior suites as well as rooms comprising 2 bedrooms and a shared bathroom. Every room is furnished in a traditional style and has WLAN.
- Food and DrinkWhether regional, mediterranean or international, the executive chef and his team pull out all the stops of fine cuisine with zest and passion. But guests also appreciate the hotel's classic aspects, while unstressed newspaper reading or listenting to first class piano music. And when at night charming barmen perform colourful magic in cocktail glases in the English cult bar „Caesar“, then a real drive comes up again at the Grand Hotel Römerbad.
- LeisureGo for a swim in our large indoor pool (8 x 20 m) or outdoor pool (4,8x13m), which are filled with vitalising thermal waters from the Römerbad spring at a pleasant temperature of 29°C. Take the plunge into the warm water! You can relax in our Finnish sauna or infrared heat cabins. Enjoy a massage or a cosmetical treatment
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Inside access
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Diabetic menu
- Vegetarian dishes
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- Express check in and check out
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See