De Chai The Colonial Hotel(4 stars)6/3 Thapae Soi 4 Changklan Maung 50300 Chiang Mai View on map
At a glance
- The rooms are beautiful (1) "The rooms are beautiful" found in 1 review
- " the hotel lies a little bit hidden but this has the advantage, that it is rather quiet and not by through traffic is not compromised. The rooms are beautiful and large, the bathroom really awesome. Everything was available. Small drawback, the breakfast ... "January 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Facilities (1) Comments related to "Room" found in 1 review
- " the hotel lies a little bit hidden but this has the advantage, that it is rather quiet and not by through traffic is not compromised. The rooms are beautiful and large, the bathroom really awesome. Everything was available. Small drawback, the breakfast ... " read hotel reviewJanuary 2012
- Facilities (1)
Tucked away but it was very nice
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- December 2011
the hotel lies a little bit hidden but this has the advantage, that it is rather quiet and not by through traffic is not compromised. The rooms are beautiful and large, the bathroom really awesome. Everything was available. Small drawback, the breakfast buffet is rather modest. Please note the gnats can one nerves. Therefore, anti-insect means (in this area a duty) take. Staff used Thai friendly.
Information about De Chai The Colonial Hotel
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Chiang Mai City, on the most popular Tha Pae Road, the city's main thoroughfare with many of the unique urban shops that are flourishing along this classic one-way road. There are bars and restaurants within 5-10 minutes’ walk of the hotel, and it is also only 10 minutes’ walk from fantastic shopping venues such as the Night Bazaar, as well as charming Sunday Walking Street. Nearby places of interest include Doi Suthep and Mae Sa Elephant Camp (each around 45 minutes’ drive away). There is a bus station nearby, and Chiang Mai International Airport is only 5-10 minutes’ drive from the hotel.
- This charming city hotel was built in 2010 and offers a total of 40 distinctive and stylish Lanna Colonial rooms. Guests will feel as though they are in an artistic paradise as they stroll through the hotel's colourful flower garden and past the wonderful lotus pond. The attention to the aesthetic details of the materials is evident here, with use of smooth shapes giving a sensation of balance. Guests are welcomed in a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out service. Additional facilities at this air-conditioned establishment include a hotel safe, lift access, a café, bar and a restaurant. Room service and a laundry service are available, and those arriving by car may leave their vehicle in the hotel car park or garage.
- The hotel offers guest rooms of various types. Every room features customised compositions created by the co-ordination of the furniture and the high-quality fittings and finishes, unequivocally characterising the hotel’s style. All rooms are en suite with shower, bath and hairdryer. Amenities include a king-size bed, direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV, a radio, hi-fi, ironing set and a safe. A minibar and tea and coffee making facilities are also provided, and individually regulated air conditioning comes as standard.
- The hotel offers a marvellous swimming pool, giving guests the chance to take a swim among the sweet scent of the luscious flower jungle, as well as a relaxing spa with various treatments (fees apply to both).
- A breakfast buffet, as well as set menu or à la carte lunch and dinner are available for an additional fee.
- Unless prior credit arrangements have been made with the hotel, the hotel requires full pre-payment.
- Check-in time is 2 pm and check-out time is midday. The hotel will do its best to have rooms available for early arrival and late check-out when notified. In order to guarantee early/late check-in/check-out, a full night charge will be applied.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Writing bureau
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Fruit basket
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Catering service
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See