Hotel Poovar Island Resort(4 stars)K.P. VII/911, Paruthiyoor Kulathoor Panchayath View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
We float after the Ayurveda treatment
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- February 2012
International hotel with separate Ayurveda villages and pool. Absolutely peacefully located and only by boat (about 15 minutes boat trip) to reach. The hotel has a german speaking service staff. The Ayurveda cottages are beautiful around the swimming pool placed - close to ayurvedazentrum. The ayurvedagäste come to 90% from Germany and Austria. The ayurvedagerichte are very tasty (buffet) and were in the last few years always better. The staff Is very friendly and attentive - everything is clean and neat. The ayurvedazentrum is in size and facilities are unique to kerala-we know almost all Hotels in südkerala.
Information about Hotel Poovar Island Resort
Hotel description *
- LocationOn the south-west coast of India, in between the Arabian Sea and the majestic mountains of the Western Ghats, lies a narrow strip of beautiful land, a bountiful land famed for its awe-inspiring natural beauty. Yet there is much more to explore in Kerala, an island of indescribable beauty, just 30 minutes from Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala. It is far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, hidden amidst swaying coconut palms, endless golden sands and lush vegetation. The bus station is around 2 km from the resort and the train station is located in Trivandrum, roughly 28 km away.
- Unspoilt and miraculously unexplored, Poovar Island is a rare find in southern Kerala. Enveloped by the most serene backwaters and opening out to the sea and an enchanting golden beach, this resort is truly a window into the paradise. The resort's facilities include a lobby, café, restaurant and room service. The resort has an impressive, ethnic-looking conference hall Estuary, with state of the art audiovisual facilities for conducting conferences, meetings or corporate retreats. The Estuary is an air-conditioned conference hall capable of accommodating up to 80 persons. The resort features a total of 64 cottages set on 22 spacious acres.
- Charming land cottages, built in typical Kerala-style architecture, spread across the island fringed with coconut groves offer guests traditional ambience combined with state-of-the-art facilities. All the cottages are equipped with facilities to make guests' stay supremely enjoyable. They feature vast yet cosy interiors, typical Kerala-style furniture, air-conditioning, satellite TV, minibar and attached bath. The ground floor rooms have a large private veranda facing the coconut groves.
- The resort has a special sunken pool bar at the outdoor swimming pool, a kid's pool and extensive green landscape, dotted with palm trees. It offers opportunities for private entertainment outside the cottages. The hotel also offers water sports facilities, indoor games, cooking classes, outdoor barbecue and more. Typical Kerala artefacts, woodcarvings, handicrafts, shawls, blankets and jewellery are some of the favourite picks at the boutique shop.
- The multi-cuisine restaurant Tiffins offers a delectable choice of continental, Asian, Indian and Kerala cuisine to choose from. The Fish Market is the floating restaurant famous for its delicious cuisine. It is open for dinner and serves its wide variety of seafood specialities in traditional Kerala style preparations or continental style.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Business centre
- Play rooms
- Air conditioning
- Writing bureau
- Hair dryer
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Spa centre
- Steam room/ turkish bath
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See