At a glance
- Nice hotel (5) "Nice hotel" found in 5 reviews
- " Nice hotel with good metroanbindung "June 2012
- " ... the train until 23:30 o'clock. In the immediate environment is located in addition to a restaurant directly next to it ( highly recommendable!) nothing. The area is otherwise very dirty and sad. The hotel is attractive and nicely decorated, however not more in good condition! Breakfast is a tasty and hygienic ... "July 2012
- " ... located in addition to a restaurant directly next to it ( highly recommendable!) nothing. The area is otherwise very dirty and sad. The hotel is attractive and nicely decorated, however not more in good condition ! Breakfast is a tasty and hygienic disaster! The ladies at the reception were always very ... "July 2012
- " Value for money okay! "June 2012
- " Full value for money . Recommendable nonetheless "March 2012
- The staff are friendly and helpful (3) "The staff are friendly and helpful" found in 3 reviews
- " Nice, simple hotel with good metroanbindung-travel about 15 minutes to the center. Therefore very suitable for a few days stay in Rome. The staff are friendly and helpful , the breakfast okay ( super coffee automat), the breakfast room bright and friendly. "June 2012
- " Optimal location for a city break to Rome, convenient access to the metro, very friendly and helpful staff , clean rooms, restaurants and shopping opportunities in the area. "July 2012
- " Check in and check out easy, very friendly staff , clean room, elternbereich of children area through sliding doors. Breakfast okay... Even for ... "March 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (5) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 5 reviews
- " Nice hotel with good metroanbindung " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- " ... the train until 23:30 o'clock. In the immediate environment is located in addition to a restaurant directly next to it ( highly recommendable!) nothing. The area is otherwise very dirty and sad. The hotel is attractive and nicely decorated, however not more in good condition! Breakfast is a tasty and hygienic ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " ... located in addition to a restaurant directly next to it ( highly recommendable!) nothing. The area is otherwise very dirty and sad. The hotel is attractive and nicely decorated, however not more in good condition! Breakfast is a tasty and hygienic disaster! The ladies at the reception were always very ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " Value for money okay! " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- " Full value for money. Recommendable nonetheless " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Hotel in general (5)
- Service Friendliness (3) Comments related to "Service" found in 3 reviews
- " Nice, simple hotel with good metroanbindung-travel about 15 minutes to the center. Therefore very suitable for a few days stay in Rome. The staff are friendly and helpful, the breakfast okay ( super coffee automat), the breakfast room bright and friendly. " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- " Optimal location for a city break to Rome, convenient access to the metro, very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, restaurants and shopping opportunities in the area. " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " Check in and check out easy, very friendly staff, clean room, elternbereich of children area through sliding doors. Breakfast okay... Even for ... " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Service Friendliness (3)
Affordable accomodation in Roma
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- September 2012
We spent 2 nights at this guesthouse in September of 2012. We were looking for something not too expensive The. City Guest House was affordable especially if you compare it with prices in Roma. We got a clean big room with a private bathroom, comfy bed, television. The area was quiet so we had no trouble sleeping. The hotel was not close to the center but well deserved by public transport. Ie.. metro.
No tourist area, right Rome experience!
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- City break
- September 2012
The room was for a double room really big and spacious. The bathroom was also ( in comparison to other hotels) very big. Everything was in great condition and above all everything was very clean! We have not a particle of dust found! =) The breakfast was hearty and the typically Italian ( every morning there was a fresh Croissant =)) Because it the hotel only with breakfast gives, what a city tour brilliant is, you could the aside of restaurant, which to the hotel is there. A reservation is recommended, as it is visited also by native ones! Very ... recommendable!
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- August 2012
A real inside tip for young tourists. For only 20 Euro per night with breakfast we have very much more, than expected. At the rooms there was nothing to complain about ( clean & new) and also the breakfast was for Italian standards reasonable. To the subway it was not even 5 minutes' walk, with which you then about minutes in the middle of Rome was.
Good middle class hotel
- Hotel not recommended
- City break
- August 2012
The hotel is very central, you can on foot the subway station very easy to get to. The area is very good, but the hotel has already better days. Everything zussamen, we were with the value for money good, but the breakfast was unfortunately not particularly good. The selection was unfortunately very modest, the same every morning toast out of the bag, Croissants, jams, Cookies, 2 sorts of cold cuts, cheese. The breakfast room was in the morning almost always very full, so it could happen, that you had to wait, until a table was free. There was a coffee ... machine, from the Cappuccino, tea or coffee could get. The staff were unfortunately quite busy, so it could happen, that you for breakfast to drink no mugs had. If you are on this fact the staff attentive made, were 3-4 mugs brought, but quickly. For us it was quite negative. The cold cuts were also very quickly. All together: we were with the breakfast and the service not satisfied. I am, of course, that there was only a two star hotel is, but we in Rome one night also in a four star hotel in the Außenstadt of Rome spent. It has approximately the same cost, but the level was substantially better. The hotel was not so bad, but I would probably not more book here.
Nice budget hotel in Rome
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- July 2012
Finding a good budget hotel in Rome in the middle of the summer is not something easy, but we were very lucky to find this Guesthouse. It's a bit away from the city centre but there's a subway station a couple of blocks away, so it's easy to reach anywhere in Rome. The room was very quiet and the bed was comfortable. It's a no frills place so there wasn't much decoration but it was definitely a nice place to sleep. We spent 2 nights there and I'll certainly recommend it to budget conscious travellers..
Information about Hotel City Guest House Rome
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is located south-east of Rome, in the Tuscolana area, and just a 3-minute walk from the Numidio Quadrato station on metro line A, from where a 15-minute journey will take guests into the heart of Rome. There are several things to see in the surrounding area, such as the Parco degli Acquedotti ('Park of the Aqueducts') and the Cinecittà film studios. Ciampino Airport is approximately 8 km from the hotel and Leonardo da Vinci International (Fiumicino) Airport is around 45 km away.
- Renovated in 2010, the hotel offers 37 guest rooms in total as well as a rooftop terrace and free Internet access in the lobby. Breakfast is served in the modern dining room and 24-hour hot drinks are available from a vending machine. A hotel safe and 24-hour reception and check-out services are also offered.
- The guest rooms are fully furnished and were designed with great attention to detail to be attractive, tasteful, practical and functional. Each room has a private bathroom with a shower, bathtub and hairdryer, air conditioning and central heating, and a private balcony or terrace. Other in-room amenities include a direct dial telephone, TV, free wireless Internet access and a safe.
- The guesthouse has a partnership agreement with a local spa where guests can relax in the Turkish bath, saltwater swimming pools and saunas.
- The breakfast buffet is served in the roof garden on the 5th floor.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
- From Fiumicino Airport: take the Leonardo Express train to Termini station, and from there take the underground line A (in the direction of Anagnina) to Numidio Quadrato. From Ciampino Airport: take the Cotral bus (direction Anagnina) to Anagina station, and from there take metro line A (direction Termini) and get off at Numidio Quadrato.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Viale Opita Oppio 76
Phone: 0039 06 76983140
- What the hotel offersWelcome to City Guest House! Style and comfort were a priority when the City Guest House was designed, to raise beyond people’s expectations and create a memorable experience. The hotel is located in the Tuscolana area where you will encounter true Romans rather than hordes of tourists and the associated ‘tourist traps’ chasing their spending money. Instead, we are a 15 minute metro trip to Piazza di Spagna The City Guest House is the vision come true for husband and wife team Giuliano and Alessandra. Giuliano, possibly due to his Italian-New Zealand genes, settled down in Rome after travelling the world to become a hotelier. Alessandra is an established interior designer passionate about elegance and detail. Together, they built a hotel which reflects their strong conviction that tourist’s experience of the Eternal City should not be spoiled when they walk back to their pricey centrally located hotel. At the City Guest House they can expect a pleasant, family friendly and stylish environment at a fraction of the cost. The benefits of staying off the beaten track are obvious when you go out for a meal locally. Forget tourist menus. Everything is of good value, great quality and you will not be asked to leave after 45 minutes to make space for the next batch of tourists. Give our own Accasadì restaurant a go to find out why it has it has such a good reputation amongst locals.
- LocationThe hotel is located in the Tuscolana area where you will encounter true Romans rather than hordes of tourists and the associated ‘tourist traps’ chasing their spending money. Instead, we are a 15 minute metro trip to Piazza di Spagna Getting to the city centre is quick and easy. The Numidio Quadrato Metro stop is 150 metres away and a ride to Termine, Piazza di Spagna and the Vatican takes between 10 and 15 minutes. Can always call a taxi for you if you moving around by car.
- AccommodationThe City Guest House features 30 rooms each with air conditioning, flat screen TV and satellite decoder, wireless internet, phone and spacious bathrooms. Most rooms have a private and balcony and have been recently been refurbished. We are proud of what we have achieved so far but always thinking of ways to improve, driven by passion as much as the need to build a sustainable business. We’re very interested in design and our goal is to create a unique experience by making sure that the small details work as much as the big picture: the pastel colours, curtains featuring subtle retro styling, getting the lighting (and shadows) right and selecting materials that are stylish and durable. If a good night’s sleep is the ultimate measure of the quality of our hotel rest assured that we have made a significant investment in the mattresses our guests sleep on. You can rest assured that our rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. And if you’re spending a romantic time with your partner ask for a suite with a four poster bed. Families can book larger rooms that include a useful kitchenette area.
- Food and DrinkThe kind of restaurants that you find near the City Guest House need to offer a superior meal than what locals cook for themselves – a benchmark that city centre ‘tourist traps’ don’t have. Our first recommendation is for Accasadì, a trattoria / pizzeria located in the same building as ourselves. Accasadì is only a few years old but has established itself as a favourite in an area that has become a popular spot for dining out. If you want to give Accasadì a go let us know and we will make a booking for you as it’s often full. Other restaurants that are a short walk away include la Locanda dei Girasoli, Giuda Ballerino, Le Streghe and more particular ones such as Crudop Wine Bar, Bosco degli Elfi, Il Giardino Segreto and Zensushi. Try Meo Pinelli for an ‘aperitivo’ and explore the area to find many more. We also suggest a pit stop at Fornocafè for a coffee or an icecream at Blue Ice. You will find a common theme of great food at prices that would be inaccessible if you were out and about in the historic centre.
- LeisureFancy a workout or a swim? Let us know and we’ll get you a special rate at the local gym, Swim and Fitness, located 300 metres from the hotel. Fitness fanatics, and those feeling guilty after a few too many delicious meals, can exercise and swim all year round.
- Other facilities and servicesFree wi-fi, local and national calls are available in every room. Check in and check out. Rooms become available at 1pm and guest are required to vacate them by 11am. We have a free left luggage service for guests arriving early or departing late. Reception in open between 7.30am and 11pm and there is a porter available outside these hours. You will find our staff professional, courteous, and happy to help you to the best of their ability. Feel free to ask about getting around in Rome, interesting events or what there is to see locally. Getting to the city centre is quick and easy. The Numidio Quadrato Metro stop is 150 metres away and a ride to Termine, Piazza di Spagna and the Vatican takes between 10 and 15 minutes. Can always call a taxi for you if you moving around by car. We can also arrange airport transfers by car or minivan. This is a licenced service that is often a cheaper option than public transport when more people are travelling. We highly recommend airport pick-ups which can, for example, cost less than 10 Euros per person if four people are being driven from Ciampino to the hotel. We have partnered with a tour operator called Carrani to offer you discounts on some of the more interesting tours of the Capital. For example, exploring Rome… underground, a food and wine tour of Frascati and towns of the Castelli Romani area outside Rome, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel, Villa Adriana e Villa d’Este near Tivoli. You can also book day trips to places like Capri, Naples, Pompei, Florence, Siena, Assisi and many more. Just have a look at their website – www.carrani.com – bearing in mind that City Guest House customers receive a discount on the advertised prices.
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Number of lifts: 1
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Fire alarm
- Number of restaurants altogether: 1
- Vegetarian dishes
- Hotel bar
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Breakfast buffet
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Early check in
- Gay friendly
- Late check out
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See