InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen(3 stars)Ringstraße 1-3 45879 Gelsenkirchen
At a glance
- The rooms were very clean (1) "The rooms were very clean" found in 1 review
- " The check-in went without problems when we were friendly and very accommodating. The rooms were very clean and large enough for two people. There are rooms on the street side which was nevertheless ... "June 2011
- The staff are very friendly and helpful (1) "The staff are very friendly and helpful" found in 1 review
- " ... which was nevertheless quite loud, if you sleep with open windows and room to the inner courtyard the are quieter. The location is very central in relation to the train station or city center. The staff are very friendly and helpful . We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Gelsenkirchen again. "June 2011
Show on map:
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... which was nevertheless quite loud, if you sleep with open windows and room to the inner courtyard the are quieter. The location is very central in relation to the train station or city center. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel for a stay in Gelsenkirchen again. " read hotel reviewJune 2011
- Service Friendliness (1)
Inter city hotel Gelsenkirchen
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- April 2014
Conditionally the very reasonable price of this house we have, without large expectations to make, booked. For 3 stars it is reasonable, but my opinion quite simple. The room size was adequate, but the carpet has seen its best years already. So was the bathroom. Everything neat and clean - which is most important but still in many places us to renew. We found the breakfast good. Meats, marmeladenvariationen, bread, bread rolls (err, tiny.) and toast, but it was sufficient and one is full. Original soundtrack to the check-out at the front desk' the investment with the underground ... car park (€8.50, - / day) was worth it. This night there were two cars broken into. '. From my personal opinion i would deny out a recommendation. However, if you, as we in this example - little in the hotel and not a lot of expectation has, the book can it gladly.
Central, simple hotel Gelsenkirchen.
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- January 2014
For a short stay okay. Unfortunately very dirty carpet in the room, no kettle, holes in the sheets, very small double bed, the mini bar was not refilled. Very friendly, competent staff. Underground car park 8,50 Euro/day.
Price-performance ratio was!
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- December 2013
Apart from the undivided matress in the double room and the tooths carpeting, was the package absolutely in order.
One night, but not more!
- Hotel not recommended
- Skiing and winter sports
- December 2013
The carpet in the hallway and in the room the 2. floor had very many spots! The room had a tv but the picture was very bad, the bathroom and the room itself are tiny! Underground and the bed sheets and all the rooms have so after smoke smelled, that one could hardly sleep! For one night okay, but 13 Euro for the breakfast i would not spend. What we saw a normal buffet breakfast, but with the price completely overpriced! Better for the money somewhere differently breakfasts go! Only the ticket for public transport are included in the room ... rate would be positive to mention! Good for transit or as we for biathlon schalke, but not suitable for longer stays!
A good hotel for a night or two
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- November 2013
Close to the train station and for business trips to Gelsenkirchen good.
Information about InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen
… at a glance The InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen is located in the heart of the city of Gelsenkirchen, directly at the traffic hub of the main station from which you can easily reach the center of Gelsenkirchen. A modern upper middle class hotel of the “Steigenberger Hotel Group” awaits its visitors, similarly the business guests and the city tourists. The FreeCityTicket, a local transport ticket, is even included in the price of your stay. ***Rooms The centrally located InterCityHotel offers modern and comfortable rooms in a friendly atmosphere – in which guests have come to appreciate. Not only will you enjoy a sound sleep in the delightful rooms, but also the convenience of quick access to major transport connections, in close proximity to the hotel. The rooms in the InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen offer perfect facilities, such as sound-proofed windows, TV, a mini-bar and WiFi. ***Restaurants The restaurant invites you to enjoy regional and international dishes. At the end of the day, you can relax drinking a bottle of beer or a delicious cocktail in the comfortable hotel bar. To start your day with a maximum of energy we offer a comprehensive and opulent breakfast buffet which you can enjoy on the terrace in summer. ***Meetings Partially flexible and combinable – the four conference rooms of the InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen are suitable for various conference sizes up to 80 people. The modern conference rooms with air condition and daylight make work a pleasure. Modern conference equipment such as projectors, flat panels or high-speed internet access via wireless local area network supports your presentation. ***Right in the Middle… The centrally located InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen offers good connection by public transport. You can easily reach places of interest like the “Wasserburg Lüttinghof” and various castles. Even the historic district of Gelsenkirchen is close to the hotel and invites you to visit the ancient buildings or just enjoy a shopping tour. Furthermore Düsseldorf Airport is close-by. ***Our Feature / Claim to Fame A local transport ticket is included in the price of your stay. Business hours of reception: Every day: from 00:00 to 00:00
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersThe InterCityHotel is located right next to the main station in Gelsenkirchen and has excellent traffic connections to all of the major cities in the Ruhr area. The city centre is only 80 meters from the Gelsenkirchen hotel and can be reached easily on foot. The Essen Exhibition Grounds, a mere 15 km away, is also within easy reach of the hotel. Whether industrial culture, modern architecture or old palaces, Gelsenkirchen is rich in interesting places and contrasts only waiting to be discovered. With the FreeCityTicket included in the price of your room you can use local public transport throughout the whole of the linked traffic systems of the Rhine-Ruhr area free of charge, ideal for your overnight stay in Gelsenkirchen. All 135 rooms of the InterCityHotel are furnished in homely and comfortable style and extend an open invitation to stay. In addition, the hotel boasts 3 light and airy rooms for conferences and events. These can be completely dimmed and are equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Location· Main station 0 km · City centre 0.08 km · Motorway (A 40) 2.5 km · Motorway (A 42) 3 km · Motorway (A 2) 8 km · Essen Fair and Exhibition Centre 15 km · Duesseldorf International Airport 40 km
- Accommodation135 rooms, 4 family rooms, soundproofed, minibar, desk, hairdryer, cosmetic mirror in some rooms, free WiFi with a bandwidth of > 256 kb/s, cable TV, room for disabled guests, smoking floors
- Food and DrinkOur restaurant and bar will please you with diverse regional and international specialities. You will find food and drink meeting every taste and desire on our menu. Choose between small snacks, delicious pizzas or many other international, national and seasonal dishes. You will find the cosy hotel bar open all around the clock, seven days a week. Hence, there will be enough time for you to try some of the many international drink specialities on offer. The inner courtyard terrace is a perfect location to enjoy the sunbeams in nice weather periods. We will be delighted to serve you all of the dishes from the restaurant menue, or a refreshing drink.
- Other facilities and services3 conference and function rooms for up to 60 people, business corner, free WiFi with a bandwidth of > 256 kb/s, FreeCityTicket for local public transport within the Rhein-Ruhr area, hotel car park (extra charge) A combination of practicality and comfort is the best describtion for the meeting and conference rooms of the InterCityHotel Gelsenkirchen. You will not only be presented with fully air conditioned rooms for up to 80 people but also with modern technical facilities catering every need. Do you have any special requests regarding your event? Our competent and attentive staff will be more than pleased to help you. If you like they will also assist you with reservations for the Congress Centre “Wissenschaftspark” which – with a capacity for up to 800 people – is suitable for large congresses or symposiums. The FreeCityTicket already included in the room price is your key to greater mobility. InterCityHotel guests can use local public transport completely free of charge during their stay in the public transport completely free of charge during their stay in the respective city or region. Get to your customer meeting without the stress of traffic and the worry of finding a parking space, criss-cross the city or travel on a schedule from one museum to the next – the FreeCityTicket saves the environment and your wallet in the long run. · FreeCityTicket included in the room price · Valid throughout your stay · A flexible, environmentally-friendly way to get from A to B
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Cable TV
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Vegetarian dishes
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars altogether: 1
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Check in from: 14:00
- Gay friendly
- Late check out
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See