Hotel Tribe(4.5 stars)Limuru Road, The Village Market, Gigiri, 00621 Nairobi View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Comfortable business hotel located near UN complex
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Business trip
- January 2012
This hotel is very convenient due to its location near the UN although a bit pricy but generally very well located near shops and restaurants near the hotel if you want to go elsewhere (village market) for a stroll. The cuisine is good and fairly priced for Nairobi five star hotels. It is generally recommended for its security and has wonderfully art décor fusion of modern and African. For the most part the staff is pleasant and helpful. The rooms are very much worn and would benefit from a general refurbishment but the design is beautiful and attractive for the ... upmarket business and diplomatic travelers.
Modern hotel, best choice in Nairobi
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- December 2011
Relatively young hotel nearby of the United Nations Headquarters and the US Embassy. In the same area there is a nice shopping center with a supermarket, various shops and food possibilities. Friday is also a market, on the craft products can be sold.
Information about Hotel Tribe
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is situated adjacent to The Village Market Shopping & Recreation Centre in the upmarket suburb of Gigiri. It is also located near the United Nations and the US Embassy in Nairobi with excellent facilities in the adjoining shopping centre, the largest in East Africa.
- The hotel's many suites extend the level of luxury and are unrivalled in their sense of elegance and class. Every one of the 142 rooms is a testament to world class comfort and functionality while offering a cultural journey through hand-picked arts, crafts and furnishings from the farthest corners of Africa. This experience is accentuated by the hotel's public spaces with design elements at every glance. Guests are welcomed into a lobby and the hotel has a café, bar and restaurant on the premises. There are conference facilities available to business guests and Internet access is provided.
- The hotel provides modern comfort and facilities in stylish traditional African decor. All the rooms have large TVs with satellite/cable TV, high-speed Internet access and phone connections and large en suite bathrooms with power showers and baths.
- Guests may pamper themselves with a spa treatment at the hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersUrban, loft-like style blends effortlessly with warm African colors at Nairobi's Tribe Hotel, a pioneering lifestyle property that sets itself apart with atypical angles and an unrivalled appreciation for tribal crafts. Some 900 hand-sculpted artifacts from all over Africa have been gathered here, capturing the diversity of the continent and evoking a sense of splendor that is raising the luxury hotel stakes in the continent. Spread across three wings in the heart of Nairobi's diplomatic district, home to the United Nations and many other institutions, the Tribe's 137 guest rooms and suites are linked by a soaring sunlit atrium. Inside, earthy shades of cumin, sandstone and brown sugar combine and are tempered by cool granite and stretches of dark Indian slate. This same balance can be felt right around architect Mehraz Ehsani's hotel, with authentic and tactile Kenyan materials used throughout the public areas. These include the curvy Kaya Spa, which takes its inspiration from the country's sacred forests; the well-stocked library, home to almost 3,000 books; the rooftop bar and the heated pool, surrounded by waterfalls and gardens. At the sophisticated Jiko restaurant, diners can enjoy melt-in-the-mouth grilled meats with fresh, seasonal vegetables, and pasta, gelato and pastries all made in house. Adjacent to the hotel is the Village Market - a shopping and entertainment complex that is also home to a weekly Maasai market. Explore an unrivalled collection of African artifacts and crafts at Nairobi's Tribe Hotel, where authentic Kenyan experiences await discovery among urban loft-inspired creature comforts.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See