Hotel review overview
Almost everything was good.
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Other stay
- January 2014
Except for the food, the very strong on the mostly older and british guests was, tabes nothing to complain about.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- January 2014
Location of the hotel is good. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Room service and cleanliness was also ok. Food is very good, if also not more completely so varied as before, a few years ago. Come all the same every year again gladly here. The only downside is, that the description in the catalog somewhat unclear. So we have every year in our same desire room. Unfortunately since last year, that we somewhat apart were accommodated and only after a complaint we got another room. Unfortunately, we had to then for the same room in addition to pay. In the ... catalog somewhat more clearly expressed, then you could just really book.
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- January 2014
Was the cycling since. Hotel was ok, front desk was very hard. Head waiter in the restaurant was very busy! Totally annoying is, the one with the meal from the waiters' disturbed ' is, these annoying getränkebons constantly to sign! The food was very often cold! Safe is the size a joke, costs 11 Euro the week - for a 4 star hotel were rather embarrassing. Wlan costs nothing, works but not really, not even at the front desk! Very, very poor reception. We are almost through.-) yes, the minibar was locked, thought i am in an establishment. Costs ... only for use, so refrigeration of foodstuffs 12 Euro/ week or with drinks 24 Euro/week. oh well.
Nice area with great garden.
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- January 2014
Nice hotel area with a great garden. From the airport 10 minutes. Bus stop in front of the door. The non-renovated room was ok. Great was the view from the balcony into the garden and the sea. Breakfast also outside. Dinner not. 1 times in the week it gave for breakfast sparkling wine. Weinpreis dinner ok. Reception staff very friendly. The on-line check into for the return flight was done for us. Pool area nice. You can walk out directly to the beach. Overall nice week. But would be a renovated room but probably better!
Recommendation with downstrokes.
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- December 2013
The hotel is located in a very nice central location right on the sea-condition and ambience with drawbacks-the grounds are very well maintained and spacious unfortunately we had in our room all day with no sun, although we a partial view of the ocean and top floor had booked. As an alternative, we have, after long requests a room in one of the 1st floor with view to a palm forest! Although we explicitly booked are room would have been free, we would also have a digitalization respected. We had never had in any hotel problems, which is why we ... the hotel only conditionally to recommend.
Information about VIK Hotel San Antonio
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis attractive holiday complex is located right at the end of the kilometre-long sandy beach, Playa Pocillos and 800m from Playa Grande Beach, in Puerto del Carmen. There are a profusion of wonderful bars, restaurants and shopping facilities in the surrounding area. The airport is 6 km away.
- The establishment comprises a total of 331 accommodation units. Guests of the establishment are welcomed in the lobby, which has a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service. Amenities include currency exchange facilities. Internet access (for a fee) and wireless internet access are available in the public areas. Gastronomic options include a restaurant, a dining area and a bar. Guests can buy holiday mementos from the souvenir shop. Shopping facilities are available. The grounds of the establishment feature a playground and an attractive garden. Additional features of the establishment include a newspaper stand, a TV room and a playroom. Guests travelling in their own vehicles can make use of the available parking spaces. Among the additional services available are multilingual staff, a babysitting service, medical assistance, room service, a laundry and a hairdressing salon. A bicycle hire service (for a fee) gives guests the opportunity to explore the surrounding area independently.
- Special family rooms are available for families with children. All accommodation units feature air conditioning and a bathroom. Most rooms also feature a balcony or terrace. Some of the accommodation units also feature a side sea view. The carpeted accommodation units feature a double bed or a sofa-bed. Cots and extra beds are available. A safe and a minibar also feature. A fridge, a mini-fridge and tea and coffee making equipment contribute to a comfortable stay. Each accommodation unit offers a telephone and a TV. Guests will also find slippers provided. Each of the bathrooms features a shower, a bath, a hairdryer, bathrobes and tiles. Each accommodation unit includes a bathroom with tiles.
- The establishment offers an outdoor pool and a children's pool. A terrace, a sun terrace, sun loungers and parasols are available. There is also a poolside snack bar. The establishment offers outdoor sporting options, including bocce, beach volleyball, volleyball and archery, or for a fee, tennis. The establishment offers numerous indoor sporting opportunities, with activities such as a gym, table tennis, darts and gymnastics, as well as pool/billiards for a fee. The establishment offers various spa options, including a hammam and a solarium, or for a fee, a sauna, a steam bath and massage treatments. Other options and services include an entertainment programme, an entertainment programme for adults, live music, a kids' club and a kids' disco.
- The establishment offers a wide range of bookable meals and board options, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, B & B, half board and full board. Staff are also happy to prepare special dietary cuisine. Guests can enjoy the show cooking, during which the chefs create delicious specialities. Alcohol-free drinks are served at the establishment.
- The following credit cards are accepted in the establishment: American Express, VISA, Diners Club and MasterCard.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersVIK hotel San Antonio is located on the seafront at the Playa de los Pocillos, Puerto del Carmen, has been awarded in 2013, for the tird consecutive year with the blue flag, a symbol of environmental quality conceded once a year by the European Foundation on Environmental Education. The hotel offers all the facilities that you need to have an unforgettable holiday. The quality of services and the room details of this hotel in Lanzarote are designed to satisfy you and provide you with the attention you deserve. At the VIK hotel San Antonio, we have been taking care of our family for more than 20 years: Our guests. We work continuously for parents and child to enjoy an unforgettable stay with us.
- LocationAvda. de Las Playas, 84, 35510 Puerto del Carmen, España Telephone: + 34 928 514 200 Fax: + 34 928 513 080 Located on the Playa de los Pocillos beach, with direct access from the hotel’s tropical gardens. A short walk will take guests to the nearest town of Puerto del Carmen, where they can find any services they may require. How to reach us: • Airport: leave the airport and head towards Yaiza-Puerto del Carmen, then take the theme park exit. A little further on at the roundabout, head towards the sea until you reach the STOP sign. At the STOP sign, head right down Avenida de las Playas and the hotel is just 100m on your right-hand side. • Wharf Arrecife: leaving the wharf direction Arrecife until the by-pass then take the direction towards Airport (Aeropuerto) until Puerto del Carmen, take the exit of the theme park. At the by-pass follow the street towards the sea until the road ends and take the right to Avenida de las Playas, the hotel is situated 100m on the left. GPS coordinates: 28ºN 13ºW Distances: - Airport: 6km - City centre: 500m - Capital: 13km - Harbour: 3km - Beach: Direct access - Bus stop: facing the hotel - Taxi: in front of the hotel - Doctor: in front of the hotel - Chemist: 800m - Hospital: 2km - Post office: 4km - Shopping centre: 800m - Supermarket: in front of the hotel - Bars/restaurants: 600m - Discotheque: 800m
- AccommodationThe 331 rooms have all been designed and fitted with every last detail to meet the needs of our guests on the island. Children Cot Bottle warmer (on request and subject to surcharge) Babies (0 - 2 years old) stay for free. First child (3 – 12 years old) will only pay a 50% of the stay and the second one (3 – 12 years old) will stay for free. And now, from May to October, our children will enjoy: the mini club, daily swimming pool entertainment with instructors, night mini disco, children´s pool and our wonderful facilities right besides the beach, in a unique environment. Standard You will find any of our 286 standard rooms perfect for winding down and relaxing. All have been tastefully decorated and are fully equipped with all the extras you’d expect. Most offer sea views. Family These 36 spacious rooms are ideal for families. They boast a living area and offer bathrobes and slippers to ensure guests really feel at home.These rooms can be booked with garden view or sea view. Junior Suite The hotel has 6 spacious Junior Suites, all located in different parts of the hotel to cater to all tastes. Suite The hotel has 2 spacious Suites located in the best part of the hotel, with direct and breathtaking views out over the tranquil sea. Information for the disabled: Access from the street Doors in the room Main entrance: 80-90cm Bathroom: 0.60m Balcony: 1.40m Restaurants: 2m Lifts: 90cm *We do not have specially adapted rooms.
- Food and DrinkInternational cuisine is available at the buffet that we offer at the VIK Hotel San Antonio. Try a wide range of quality produce, at breakfast, lunch and dinnertime. The pool bar offers snacks at lunchtime and at night the hotel has a cocktail bar where you can relax and have a good time. When you decide to enjoy your holidays with us, you can choose between half and full board, as well as having Room Service at your disposal. We allow our guests to choose from three different types of accommodation : Breakfast Buffet Half-board Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner (to be chosen by the guest) Full-board Dinner Buffet All inclusive Breakfast Buffet Lunch Dinner Drinks included: Water, house wine, beers and soft drinks. Coffee and Tea, served on the Barbacoa Bar (Pool Bar) or Cocktail Bar depending the hours (not in the restaurant) For further information please visit our All inclusive section here. Our cuisine is international and we also offer theme-based show cooking, for example: Chinese, Hindu, Japanese and Italien. Our assorted Buffet was thought to satisfy the preferences of our “little” guest and adults. We also offer a snack service, including: Mixed platters Table service Room service from 08:00 to 22:00 (€6 surcharge) Opening hours: Restaurant 07:30 – 10:30 13:00 – 15:00 18:30 – 22:00 (summer) 18:00 – 21:30 (winter) Pool Bar: 10:00 – 18:00 Cocktail Bar 17:00 – 01:00 *Opening hours subject to change.
- LeisureVIK Hotel San Antonio combine a busy day on the beach with our excellent facilities: Salt-Water Pool Outdoor For adults Parasols Sun loungers Towels Heated in winter Depth: 0.75-2.30m Pool with fresh water Outdoor For adults Parasols Sun loungers Towels Heated in winter Depth: 1.30m Children´s Pool Outdoor Fresh water Parasols Sun loungers Towels Heated in winter Depth: 0.50m Wellness Area*: Sauna Massages Turkish baths Scottish shower *Additional payment required. Only for clients who booked online the use of the Sauna, Turkish Bath and Scottish shower are included in the lodging price Sports and sports facilities: 2 tennis courts. Hard surface. Floodlit * Ping Pong Billiards* Gym Children’s Park Horse riding: 5km Windsurf/Surfing: 2km Water skiing: 2km Bicycle hire: Planet Bikes Lanzarote Diving: Bahianus Club Lanzarote Boutique Minigolf Costa Teguise Golf: 17,9 km Lanzarote Golf: 7,8 km *Additional payment required We recommend: Entertainment: Daytime Night-time Daily Days/week 6 For adults For children (Mini Club open in summer and Christmas.) Spanish German English Social areas (TV room, library, etc.) *Subject to change Nature is present in the children´s leisure offer in Lanzarote. The island counts with several parks, amusement centers and education halls for nature as alternative, for children´s learning and enjoyment. Our facilities for children: Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children The first child between 2 and 12 years stays free Miniclub and entertainment for children day and night (minidisco): games, handicraft, etc. Cots and high chairs at the restaurant In the buffet there are microwaves available for heating child food whenever necessary Heated swimming-pool for children Children's Playground The theme-park Rancho Texas Park is located next to the hotel and has a zoo, shows with animals, aquatic area with chutes, etc.
- Other facilities and servicesCapacity: Total rooms: 331 Total beds: 662 Lifts: 5 Nº buildings: 7 Nº floors: 4 Year of construction: 1972 Last renovated: 2000 and 2001 Meeting rooms: 3 for 20-160 people Facilities and Services: Check-in: 14:00 Check-out: 12:00 24h reception Information desk Laundry service Car park free Currency exchange Porter service Night-time security Car hire Hairdressers Boutique Free WIFI in the public areas of the main entrance Accepted forms of payment: Visa Master Card Amex Diners Club
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Hotel bar
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis court
- Special massages
- Steam room/ turkish bath
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Number of stars/domestic category: 4 Stars
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See