Hotel Blau Costa Verde Beach(4 stars)Playa Pesquero Rafael Freyre Holguin, Cuba View on map
At a glance
- The beach is very beautiful (4) "The beach is very beautiful" found in 4 reviews
- " ... The choice of food was very modest in comparison with the other hotels in the US Cuba were, did not taste it (our canteen in D is 10 times better!) the rooms are not straight in a modern state. The beach is very beautiful though, looks you after other hotels at this beach around. It is' all inclusive' however want ... "July 2012
- " the hotel is no four stars value before three stars! Who this hotel for find was never in a good hotel . Hotel has gotten a bit old, has urgently a renovation necessary. the resort is located in a ... "February 2012
- " It was all inclusive. State of the hotel was excellent . Art of the hotel was a beach with pool area. many Canadians, English, Dutch and also German. "October 2011
- " ... are very attentive and friendly. There were no Wareschlangen at the buffet and with the reservation. The Spanish manager of the hotel was everywhere present and even smaller languors ironed out. We felt very much at ease , "March 2012
- The food is diverse (1) "The food is diverse" found in 1 review
- " ... a real all-inclusive hotel. You could get everything your heart desires. Fresh cocktails, all kinds of soft drinks, beer, wine, mixed drinks and really very good coffee, cappuccino and espresso. The food is diverse and sufficient available. Very recommendable also the a la carte restaurants (Italian and ... "December 2011
- The staff are very attentive and friendly (1) "The staff are very attentive and friendly" found in 1 review
- " ... looking for a round trip some days at the beach relax and really good to eat would like, is in this hotel in good hands. Infrastructure in the hotel, free timeand sporting activities voices and the staff are very attentive and friendly . There were no Wareschlangen at the buffet and with the reservation. The Spanish manager of the ... "March 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (4) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 4 reviews
- " ... The choice of food was very modest in comparison with the other hotels in the US Cuba were, did not taste it (our canteen in D is 10 times better!) the rooms are not straight in a modern state. The beach is very beautiful though, looks you after other hotels at this beach around. It is' all inclusive' however want ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " the hotel is no four stars value before three stars! Who this hotel for find was never in a good hotel. Hotel has gotten a bit old, has urgently a renovation necessary. the resort is located in a ... " read hotel reviewFebruary 2012
- " It was all inclusive. State of the hotel was excellent. Art of the hotel was a beach with pool area. many Canadians, English, Dutch and also German. " read hotel reviewOctober 2011
- " ... are very attentive and friendly. There were no Wareschlangen at the buffet and with the reservation. The Spanish manager of the hotel was everywhere present and even smaller languors ironed out. We felt very much at ease, " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Hotel in general (4)
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... looking for a round trip some days at the beach relax and really good to eat would like, is in this hotel in good hands. Infrastructure in the hotel, free timeand sporting activities voices and the staff are very attentive and friendly. There were no Wareschlangen at the buffet and with the reservation. The Spanish manager of the ... " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Service Friendliness (1)
- Quantity (1) Comments related to "Food" found in 1 review
- " ... a real all-inclusive hotel. You could get everything your heart desires. Fresh cocktails, all kinds of soft drinks, beer, wine, mixed drinks and really very good coffee, cappuccino and espresso. The food is diverse and sufficient available. Very recommendable also the a la carte restaurants (Italian and ... " read hotel reviewDecember 2011
- Quantity (1)
Andrew neil wilkinson
25 years of marrage
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- October 2013
the hotel was the best I and my wife as stayed in the rooms were out of this world the food was just fantastic not a thing was left on our plates the staff was brill very very friendly from the maids to the management always said good morning good day ECT beer good guests were from any age lots to do for the kids if you had any I could go on and on and on but just to say one more thing is that it was the best way we spent our silver wedding THANK YOU from us ... both BLOCK 26 ROOM 314 October 2nd to 23rd 2013
Great holiday, but only in the low season!
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- May 2013
The hotel is already somewhat older but still in good condition. During our stay the individual gebaudekomplexe newly painted. This is, that the preservation of the hotels are very hard. The hotel description in the catalog is now not currently, since the april several newly built buildings their operation and further in building were. After completion of the construction, the hotel about 700-800 rooms. The will be a new restaurant, another is already in operation. The masses of visitors cater was another pool with a swim-up bar under construction, this appears in the catalog not on. From the construction work ... we did not feel disturbed, as they are now on a remote area and thus away from the pools, the beach, and our room took place. The guest structure consisted mainly of canadians, those gladly times one over the eight. This is an all inclusive hotel, which food and drinks concerns, but the internet is not included and at extortionate prices.
Great vacation in Cuba
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Beach holiday
- January 2013
Value for money was very good. The staff was very friendly. Food varied and very good. Would book the hotel again.
Hotel not recommendable, food was miserable!
- Hotel not recommended
- City break
- July 2012
I would never have another vacation. The choice of food was very modest in comparison with the other hotels in the US Cuba were, did not taste it (our canteen in D is 10 times better!) the rooms are not straight in a modern state. The beach is very beautiful though, looks you after other hotels at this beach around. It is' all inclusive' however want the boys, the sailboat taxes always plentifully' tip'! In case no change as you at least after the 3. cocktail stupid looked at. That would actually not a problem, but some of those who ... exaggerate and bindem one on the nose the supposedly 20 CUC for a 20 minutes Segelbootausflug normal!? Hello? This is a half monthly salary of a judge in Cuba! 1 CUC scrubwoman + 1 CUC breakfast + 1 CUC for the Liegenbringer + 1 CUC Strandgetränke + 1 CUC snacks + 1 CUC dinner + 1 CUC cocktails would have alone 7 CUC per day without sailing. So does the with a-)
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- May 2012
The blue is a hotel for people, also with children, once take a break from everyday life want to. Excellent the child care. Very friendly lady. Service by the staff has something familiar without the negative to rate would be. Very friendly and accommodating.
Information about Hotel Blau Costa Verde Beach
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel lies within a 45-minute taxi ride of Frank Pais airport in the city of Holguin. The beachside hotel affords well-kept facilities and lies amidst lush tropical vegetation beside the fine white sand beach of Playa Pesquero on the east coast of Cuba. The tourist centre of Playa Guardalavaca is around 15 km away.
- This club resort comprises a total of 250 rooms of which 2 are suites and 3 rooms have disabled access. Guests have access to the hotel gardens and terrace; facilities within the hotel include a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a currency exchange facility, a hairdressing salon, a bar, restaurants and a laundry service. Breakfast, lunch and the evening meal are served up in air-conditioned La Arcada buffet restaurant, which has a seating capacity of 350. The family-friendly hotel offers a themed evening programme, with cuisine from different areas of the world, assuring variety and choice for all tastes. Moreover, vegetarian and children’s dishes are available. The Italian Trattoria Il Ponticello serves lunch and dinner whilst Cuban La Cascada prepared a selection of local dishes and is open in the evenings. There is a grill restaurant located on the beach and is an open shack. The Sol y Mar restaurant and bar is open for lunch and allows guests to sample an array of grilled specialities. There is car parking for those arriving by car and younger guests may let off steam in the playground and participate in the kids’ club activities.
- All rooms come with a full bathroom, air conditioning, a telephone, satellite TV, a hairdryer, a minibar (no fees payable), a safe (free of charge) and a balcony or terrace.
- Leisure options include a swimming pool, a well-equipped gym, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, a snack bar and a massage service. The hotel features 4 courts, two of which are multi-purpose and two for tennis. Moreover, it is possible to try out volleyball, basketball, badminton, billiards, archery, air rifle shooting, snorkelling, sailing, windsurfing and minigolf. There is an entertainment programme to provide some variation for guests both young and old. Bicycles, pedalo boats, kayaks and canoes may be hired. Sun loungers have been laid out on the sandy beach.
- It is possible to book an all-inclusive stay. Meals come in a buffet form; lunch and the evening meal may be taken à la carte.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
- From Frank Pais airport in Holguin, guests are easily able to take a taxi to the hotel, which takes around 45 minuntes.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Playa Pesquero Rafael Freyre Holguin, Cuba
- What the hotel offersBlau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located on the seafront next to the fine white sandy beach of Playa Pesquero in eastern Cuba. Our Holguin resort is surrounded by luscious tropical vegetation. At Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort the natural environment is fully incorporated into the resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers spectacular views from our rooms over 36 000 m2 of gardens and natural vegetation.
- LocationBlau Costa Verde Beach Resort is located in the Holguín province of Cuba, where Christopher Columbus first set foot in the New World. He is believed to have called it "the most beautiful country human eyes had ever seen". The Cuchillas del Toa Biosphere Reserve Sierra Cristal National Park and Alejandro de Humboldt National Park are located close to our resort. From the Frank Pais airport in the city of Holguín, taxis are readily available to bring you to Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort. The journey lasts around 45 minutes.
- AccommodationBlau Costa Verde Beach Resort accommodation is the perfect place to unwind and relax. Every room at our Playa Pesquero accommodation has access to a balcony or terrace to fully absorb the lush gardens, sparkling sea and tropical paradise surrounding our hotel. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort double rooms are equipped with Twin or Queen Size beds. Our accommodation in Holgiun offers inter-connecting rooms that are ideal for family holidays. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort Double Rooms have: Complete bathroom Air conditioning Telephone, Satellite TV Hairdryer Minibar, restocked daily with water, national beer and soft drinks Safety deposit box (free of charge) Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort suites have two separate bedrooms and a spacious living room. The master bedroom enjoys 70m2 of space and breathtaking swimming pool views. The complete bathroom and shower as well as Jacuzzi will ensure your stay is comfortable and luxurious.
- Food and DrinkEnjoy a magnificent buffet at La Arcada. Our air-conditioned restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. La Arcada has a theme night programme with cuisine from different areas of the world, assuring variety and choice for all tastes. Our buffet includes a selection of vegetarian and children's dishes. Outsideseating at the terrace is possible. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort presents Italian Trattoria Il Ponticello serving lunch and dinner. Il Ponticello holds a four fork rating, the highest award given by the Cuban Tourism Ministry, for its attention to quality service and variety of cuisine. The best Italian dishes are served in an atmosphere that combines elegance with natural tropical beauty. La Cascada Cuban restaurant serves the best of local cuisine. The outstanding culinary tradition of Cuba as well as our traditional hospitality can be experienced at La Cascada. Sol y Mar grill restaurant and bar is located right on the beach and serves open-air lunch with grilled specials. Meat, fish and seafood are freshly prepared just metres from the sea. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers a swim-up bar and pool bar. Enjoy a refreshing drink at our Lobby Bar La Fuente, beach bar Sol y Mar and the Aqua Bar- Rum. We serve local spirits and select international brands, soft drinks, juices, milkshakes, local beer and wines. Laguna Azul snack bar serves exceptional light meals including sandwiches, salads, hotdogs, hamburgers, desserts and fruit. All Inclusive Service: Breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner À la Carte dinner once a week per customer Local beverages and select international brands Non-motor water sports Sporting activities: volleyball, basketball, archery, tennis, aerobics and snorkelling Daytime and evening entertainment programme including Spanish lessons, salsa classes, and nightly shows
- LeisureBlau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers the best in tropical relaxation with comfortable sun-beds underneath palm trees. Guests can enjoy a tropical drink around our fresh water pools, one for the adults and one for children just a step away. Experience the rhythms of the islands with folkloric or international shows, typical music and dances in the open air near to the swimming pool and salsa classes given by professionals. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort activities team organises bike excursions through the surrounding areas of the Resort. Blau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers: Spanish lessons. Large games rooms with pool, table tennis, draughts, table football, chess Sauna and Jacuzzi Well-equipped gym 3 tennis courts and 1 Multifunctional court (light with charge) Beach Volleyball Basketball. Badminton. Archery and Air rifle area Bicycles Snorkelling Sailing, Windsurfing and Pedal boats Kayak and Canoes
- Other facilities and servicesBlau Costa Verde Beach Resort offers (with extra charge): Three souvenir shops including one selling Cuban tobacco Complimentary car, moped and bicycle hire Tourism Information Office Taxi service Parking Laundry service Medical services: nursing service in the hotel and medical visits on request Bureau de change in Banking Office Massage services Hairdressers
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Fire alarm
- Full board
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Steam room/ turkish bath
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See