At a glance
- Magnificent view (1) "Magnificent view" found in 1 review
- " As a starting point for excursions ausgeszeichnet. No hotel's own parking. However garage vis a vis ( 4 euros per day) magnificent view from the Dachterrassse. Good food. Too few variety. "March 2012
- Good food (1) "Good food" found in 1 review
- " As a starting point for excursions ausgeszeichnet. No hotel's own parking. However garage vis a vis ( 4 euros per day) magnificent view from the Dachterrassse. Good food . Too few variety. "March 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
The orquidea a top-city hotel in Funchal!
- Nachweis erbracht
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- April 2013
My husband and i love rather small to medium sized hotel. The orquidea has 75 rooms, for us a perfect city hotel. It is a nice and modern hotel, we had only booked breakfast. 90% of the guests came from France, the rest from Germany, Holland, Italy and more older guests.
Great starting point for excursions and promenades
- Nachweis erbracht
- October 2012
As star hotel actually a perfect address, if only the service in the breakfast room would have been better. In the evening we always in the town eaten. Bathroom a bit small, but very clean, every day unbidden fresh towels, room tidy cleaned every day. On the 4. floor you can while having the windows open sleep, no traffic noise (or we were after the hike always so tired, that we nothing more heard?). No hotel for wellness-or bathing holiday!
As a starting point for excursions excellent
- March 2012
As a starting point for excursions ausgeszeichnet. No hotel's own parking. However garage vis a vis ( 4 euros per day) magnificent view from the Dachterrassse. Good food. Too few variety.
Information about Hotel Orquidea
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis hotel is located close to the old town as well as to the shopping and business centre of Funchal. An extensive selection of shops, restaurants, bars and links to the public transport network are to be found within 300 m of the hotel and it is just 1 km to the nearest nightclub as well as 2 km to the local beach. The airport is 19 km away.
- Renovated in 2003, this 7-storey hotel comprises 76 rooms of which 3 are single rooms and 73 are double rooms. Facilities include a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a sitting area, a safe, a lift and a café. There is also a souvenir shop, a bar, a TV room and an air-conditioned à la carte restaurant with highchairs for infants that offers fabulous views out over the Bay of Funchal as well as a rooftop sun terrace with sun loungers, parasols and a bar. The public Internet terminal and conference room may be taken advantage of and those arriving by car may make use of the hotel car park and garage facilities. Room, laundry and medical service round off the offerings.
- The comfortable rooms each come with a bathroom with a shower or a bathtub, a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, a radio, Internet access, a king-sized bed, a cot (free of charge), carpeting, air conditioning, central heating and a hire safe as standard.
- Guests may select their breakfast from an ample buffet; lunch and the evening meal can be chosen from a menu and dinner may alternatively be taken à la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Computer connection
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See