We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
- March 2013
Great hotel, corresponds the expectations of 1001 Nacht. Cons: 1st no free internet, also not in the public area, €2.50 surcharge for room with pyramidenblick is inadequate.
- January 2013
We were very satisfied overall. The breakfast with a view to the pyramids is a force! The staff took care of us, as we would the only guests!
1001 Nacht at the pyramids
- November 2012
Top address in Cairo. Best location all hotels in giza-right next to the pyramids. Level of hotel is outstanding.
A palace in the immediate area the pyramids
- November 2012
Luxury hotel with old component ( palace from the 19. Century) with wonderful rooms & suites, of which several direct view of the cheops & khafre pyramid have. In neubauteil prevails modern design cards, also partially pyramids view (rd. 40% the room). All rooms very spacious and well equipped. Internet access is however subject to a charge & quite expensive (20 Euro f. 2 hour ) \u263a Price in the restaurants rather high, but the location & the standard of the hotel accordingly -0.5 liter beer with 50 le ( etwa 6,5 Euro) & dinner for 2 without ... bottle of wine with 70 to 100 Euro.
Impressive beautiful palace at the pyramids
- October 2012
We were thrilled by the ornate historic palace. A fairytale as' thousand and one night'! Impressive lobby and dining rooms. ' the most beautiful hotel throughout Cairo' say the tour operator suburb not free and 'if I my wife found, I want you to marry'. The hotel is outside cairos, directly at the giza pyramids. A plus, because it quiet than in the middle of the metropolis ( noise, traffic). However one imagines for the sightseeing in Metropolis-city ( for example egyptian museum, Nile, tarhir square) in the daily traffic. Doesn't matter, there is plenty of to be seen! The ... pyramids from the hotel see clearly. The staff are extremely accommodating, friendly and helpful - here are 5 * also 5 *. The room was modern and generous. We were very comfortable there.
Information about Hotel Mena House Oberoi
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis prestigious hotel is one of the most traditional and famous hotels in the world. Established in the 19th century in order to accommodate the guests of honour of the opening of the Suez Canal, in the years since countless famous people and guests of the state have passed through the doors. The hotel has also achieved notoriety as the setting for famous novels such as Agatha Christie for example. Situated in the shadow of the famous pyramids at Giza, the hotel is surrounded by jasmin-scented gardens. Links to the public transport network are also just a few steps away and the centre of Cairo is approximately 15 km away.
- Built in 1869, this hotel is spread over 4 floors and comprises a total of 498 rooms, of which 24 are suites. Guests are offered a glorious lobby with of a reception desk, a banking service and a lift. In addition, there is a bar, a small shopping arcade and a hairdressing salon for hotel guests. Further facilities include a casino, a conference room and an air-conditioned à la carte restaurant On request, guests are able to make use of the hotel's babysitting service. A car rental service rounds off the hotel's offerings.
- The luxurious rooms afford an Arabian style and come with a bathroom with hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV and air conditioning. A fridge/ minibar, a balcony (some with views of the Pyramids) and a hire safe are also on offer within the hotel. The suites comprise a separate dining room, a dressing room and guest toilets.
- Outside, in the well-tended grounds, guests are offered a swimming pool with a children's paddling area as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, various massage and spa treatments are available to guest (for an additional fee). More active guests may make use of the gym, tennis courts and the golf course.
- The hotel offers a number of exciting dining options.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Writing bureau
- CD Player
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See