Hotel Barcelo Santo Domingo(4.5 stars)Avenida Maximo Gomez esq, Av. 27 de Febrero / Zip Code 102004 / Santo Domingo / República Dominicana View on map
At a glance
- Top hotel (2) "Top hotel" found in 2 reviews
- " Top hotel in bad location, far away from the centre "December 2011
- " Nice hotel for a city break for 1-2 nights to Santo Domingo. The hotel has the same room and comfort ... "December 2011
- Good service (2) "Good service" found in 2 reviews
- " Central hotel at the Av. Maximo Gomez, good service (with karbiktypischen downsides), friendly staff, nice small pool area ( for the location ... "April 2012
- " Central hotel at the Av. Maximo Gomez, good service (with karbiktypischen downsides), friendly staff , nice small pool area ( for the location relatively large); from street penetrates however ... "April 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Service Friendliness (2) Comments related to "Service" found in 2 reviews
- " Central hotel at the Av. Maximo Gomez, good service (with karbiktypischen downsides), friendly staff, nice small pool area ( for the location ... " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- " Central hotel at the Av. Maximo Gomez, good service (with karbiktypischen downsides), friendly staff, nice small pool area ( for the location relatively large); from street penetrates however ... " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- Service Friendliness (2)
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- January 2013
We were greeted by a airline company in this hotel building, because our flight from Punta Cana from technical reasons paint had. We were with buses after santo domingo stituents. It came so on 200 persons at the same time in this hotel at, all checked in. With all understand, that for a hotel definitely a very stressful and not everyday situation is. The front desk was only occupied by one person. The 2. employees disappeared with the sight of the crowds in the restaurant, picked a plate with food and twisted in a backroom. Understandably was a staff was ... overburdened and accordingly extremely annoyed and unfriendly. Of al we after several hours finally a room had, worked unfortunately the light, since a problem with the reader in the room stock. As then turned out had some guests this problem. At the front desk you had no ear for us, as you still with the checking in was busy. Solid 6 times we were with a new coded map comforted and a stupid saying, we will bite the card correctly tuck in. When we a new room demanded, came finally one of the staff, the problem however also initially could not resolve. To about 3 hours we had finally light and wished us at the sight of the room again dark. The room was run-down, the carpet absolutely disgusting and dirty. Everywhere were stains and a vacuum cleaner had the carpet obviously hadn't seen. On the glasses were stains and fingerprints. The walls were filthy and dirty. The mini bar was empty. It was full mold, hair and stains. The bathroom was dirty and full of mold. The windows were not clean either, and fully black dust. The odor in the room was intolerable. Bitingly and rotten. One dared hardly, touching anything. This hotel is at best a 2 star category. The breakfast buffet was very poor and the food clearly stale. Drinks we were not offered, we could at best the syrups-juice from the machine can, unfortunately were at the table no glasses set and the waiters spoke no english (or didn't speak). In the bathroom was a basket with soap etc. And a tag' if more toiletries need, don't hesitate, at the front desk to questions. ' as we friendly to toothbrushes questions, raunte the receptionist only back' i don't think we have that. Go and buy. ' thanks. Everybody was visibly irritated. I have never been in a hotel so unfriendly treated and so unwanted comfortable. I have business very often in various hotels stayed in, this is the dirtiest, that i've ever seen. Absolutely not recommendable.
Comfortable city hotel-nothing for Lärmepfindlic
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- April 2012
Central hotel at the Av. Maximo Gomez, good service (with karbiktypischen downsides), friendly staff, nice small pool area ( for the location relatively large); from street penetrates however considerable transport and ( evenings) disco noise into the room (to the sixth floor). But Santo Domingo is just generally a loud, be considerably busier-something, gladly also times chaotic place. If you quiet and touristic - like, should a hotel in the colonial old town select.
Top hotel in bad location, far away from the centre
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- November 2011
Nice hotel for a city break for 1-2 nights to Santo Domingo. The hotel has the same room and comfort barcelo hotel like many others (Japanese restaurant Kyoto, Barcelo U-spa area, B-rooms) and for a city hotel is almost comparable facilities such as: the Barcelo palace deluxe in Punta Cana. The buffet in the restaurant 'B-sina' is, in my opinion, could be improved and the service worked not like the other Barcelo hotels in the cathedral. Republic of all in all the food and drinks were but tasted great. The hotel switched in Santo Domingo except standard ' B-rooms a ... club premium premium rooms. The club premium should be a view from the top of the city-on this I can nothing letter. As I was not included, think the service comparable, like in other hotels with his club premium.
Information about Hotel Barcelo Santo Domingo
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is situated at the heart of Santo Domingo, the capital of the Dominican Republic. Links to the public transport network are to be found directly in front of the hotel.
- This 9-storey city hotel offers access to 850 m² of beautiful gardens and comprises a total of 217 rooms, 7 of which are junior suites. Facilities include a hairdressing salon and a bar, in addition to room and laundry services. The hotel features 2 restaurants: a cafetería serving breakfast as well as lunch and evening buffets and “Lina” offering midday and evening à la carte dining with an international selection.
- Each of the comfortable rooms comes with an en suite bathroom with a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, a minibar, refrigerator, a hire safe and a balcony. The air conditioning is centrally regulated.
- Leisure options include a swimming pool and an in-house gym.
- Guests may select their breakfast from an ample buffet.
- American Express, MasterCard and VISA are accepted by the hotel.
- Check-in is from 3:00 pm. Guests should check out by 12:00 noon. Guests should have credit cards and some form of photo identification ready when checking in.
- From Las Américas International Airport, take the motorway to Santo Domingo. Head towards Av. 27 de Ferro. Then take a left onto Maxim Gomez.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Business centre
- Cash machine on site
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- CD Player
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Beauty treatments
- Steam room/ turkish bath
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See