Hotel review overview
Information about Valamar Zagreb Hotel
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
Hotel Beach < 100 km
- What the hotel offersZagreb Hotel Located in Porec, Croatia, the 4 star Zagreb hotel is a few meters from the beach and a 10-minute walk from the center of the town, rich in tourist traditions. The hotel is predominantly favored by couples and families. Hotel in General The Zagreb Hotel is located just 130 meters away from the closest beach and a short walk from the city of Poreč. It boasts a tennis court, a children’s playground, a restaurant and an open pool. The 253 guest rooms are modern and well equipped for a family vacation. Several of the rooms enjoy panoramic sea views of the picturesque surroundings. The hotel’s modern restaurant serves both Croatian and international cuisine. The hotel has wireless internet access free of charge that is available in all areas of the hotel. Pets are not allowed in the hotel. Facilities for disabled guests are available, including a lift. Check in is available from 2 pm until 6 pm whilst check out is until 10 am. There are non-smoking rooms in the hotel.
- LocationSet near the beach, the hotel is located 10 minutes’ walk from the center of Porec, a traditional, historic town. Located on the west coast of the Istrian peninsula, it is set amongst clean beaches. The Poreč old town is host to numerous tourist attractions, such as the ancient Marafor square. Other attractions include several museums and galleries located within the town palaces as well as the Euphrasian Basilica, St. Pelagius and St. Maximilian Church. Portorož Airport is 16.6 miles away from the hotel, whilst Pula Airport is 28.1 miles away and Trieste Airport is 41.2 miles away. Rooms All 253 guest rooms are fully air-conditioned, modern and well equipped for a family vacation. Many rooms have panoramic sea views with picturesque surroundings. Rooms are equipped with bathrooms including a shower and hairdryer, as well as satellite television, a mini-bar and a phone. There are non-smoking rooms and all children under 2 years old can stay at the hotel free of charge when using the existing beds. Cots and cribs for children are available for a fee. Gastronomy Offered at the hotel is a half board tariff, including both breakfast and dinner buffets. Various Croatian and international dishes are served in the hotel’s modern restaurant. The picturesque Roman center of Poreč is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Here you can try local specialties in the various traditional restaurants, cafes and bars such as the Istarska supa (Istrian soup). This traditional Istrian dish is prepared in an earthen jug and is made from red wine and refried bread.
- LeisureLocated in a parkland with a pine forest, Hotel Zagreb is a ten-minute walk from the picturesque Roman center of Poreč. There are various tourist attractions close to the beach, by the outdoor pool and on the terrace, which is popular for dancing. Also available is a tennis court and an on-site children's playground. The children’s club Maro is also available at the hotel. Guests of the hotel can rent a bike, play mini-golf or play table tennis. Canoeing is also available. Along with the museums and galleries located in town palaces of Porec, the Euphrasian Basilica, St. Pelagius and St. Maximilian Church are also popular tourist attractions. Services The hotel provides a 24-hour front desk as well as room service, currency exchange and a gift shop selling souvenirs.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Address::Pical 1 52440 Porec Istrien
Phone: +385 52407500
- What the hotel offersAlready a firm favourite among Poreč admirers, the newly upgraded and refurbished 4 star Valamar Zagreb Hotel is located near the stunning beachfront in quiet surroundings, only a relaxing scenic stroll from the old town of Poreč. The tranquil Mediterranean parkland setting and recent extensive renovations that include an impressive show cooking restaurant with an even larger panoramic terrace, spacious rooms, innovative children’s programs at the Maro Club and beach with unforgettable view of Poreč allow you to spend a carefree holiday at your own pace.
- LocationPoreč, one of Istria’s most renowned tourist destinations, manages to balance the authentic charm of a small coastal town filled with magnificent historical sites, with the perks and exciting features modern and active travellers expect. Spread across 37 km of stunning coastline, Poreč Riviera offers a vast array of accommodation choices from family resorts, camping sites, apartments to villas and lighthouses, all surrounded by untouched nature and beaches suited to every taste.
- AccommodationOur 230 room hotel offers our guests comfort and promises a relaxing holiday. It provides our guests with a choice of Double rooms, double rooms with extra beds, junior suites and family suites. 5 rooms for disabled people. The rooms feature LED TV, a WiFi Internet connection, air conditioning, minibar, safe, hairdryer and direct-dial telephone. Anti-allergic pillows are available upon request.
- Food and DrinkSavour the flavour of delicious Mediterranean cuisine at the Valamar Zagreb Hotel show-cooking buffet restaurant, serving a rich array of international specialities for breakfast and dinner. Special theme nights provide a great way to experience delicious Istrian gastronomy and local seafood dishes. For something a little lighter, the beach and poolside bars are always at hand to take care of alfresco ‘snack-attacks’.
- LeisureSports: If you’re looking for an active vacation with lots of sports, the Valamar Zagreb Hotel is a great choice. From early morning aerobic classes to sunset cycle rides, you can take your pick of sports and recreational activities at the water sports centre or sports centre and tennis courts nearby. Poreč and the surrounding area are renowned for their beautiful countryside so don’t miss the chance to explore the network of walking and cycling paths that cut through its stunning landscapes. Beach and swimming pool: During those long warm Istrian summers, it’s always a welcome relief to slide into a refreshing swimming pool or to choose one of the local beaches and cool off in the clear waters of the Adriatic Sea. The expansive swimming pool at the Valamar Zagreb Hotel in Porec is also a popular spot for sunbathing, featuring a dedicated pool for safe, shallow fun for children. Just a few steps along a pine-lined path will lead you to a beautiful pebble and paved Blue Flag beach. It’s the perfect place for sun-soaked relaxation, and also a centre for a wide range of exhilarating water sports. Entertainment and Animation: A vibrant entertainment scene at the Valamar Zagreb Hotel in Porec will keep all ages amused day and night. The talented animation team organise all manner of activities during the day, for adults, young children and those in-between. From creative entertainment in the Maro club to evening live music by the poolside, nobody gets left out at the Valamar Zagreb Hotel. Whether you cram as many activities as possible into your day, or pick and choose a select few, you’re guaranteed to have a holiday you’ll never forget.
- Other facilities and servicesThe Valamar Zagreb Hotel offers its guests: - 24h reception - 24h security - car rental - free WiFi - big show-cooking buffet - playground, children's pool and Maro Club
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Hotel bar
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis court
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- EC Maestro
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See