Honeymoon Petra Villas(4 stars)Imerovigli 84700, Thira, Greece View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Just a great vacation, wonderful complex
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- September 2012
The view is fantastic, the hotel is very well-kept, and the staff very friendly and helpful. It is very recommendable a car or quad to rent, simply good.!
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- September 2012
The hotel consists of a older part, in which also the front desk is, and from the newer part, in which the pool, breakfast area, bar etc., is. We were in the newer part. The entire complex is very clean and well kept. The hotels are so interlocked in the rock built, that you through the constant stairs and again but not always notices, when which hotel starts. It makes the attraction. On the first day you can get lost. ( the bewildered look you noticed then always the new guests, but really everyone can help to find the way ..., even coworkers from all over other hotels.-) The guests came from England and Germany. The average age was between about 30 and 60 years.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- August 2012
We booked consciously before nothing posted, then on Santorin the best location to check availability. All good hotels by far the most spectacular location, with a grandiose view of Caldera. Breathtaking! Very nice architecture! We will be back!
Information about Honeymoon Petra Villas
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe charming apartment hotel is located in the village of Imerovigli, at the centre and highest point of the caldera, right on the edge of the cliff and surrounded by natural landscapes. The hotel is a 5-minute walk from the centre of Imerovigli, where guests will find shops, restaurants and a bus station. The centre of Fira, with its bars and varied nightlife, is approximately 2 km from the hotel, while the beach in Kamari is around 10 km away. Santorini (Thira) International Airport is approximately 12 km away and the hotel is just 2 km from the ancient fortress of Skaros.
- The complex is comprised of two apartment blocks, with 26 apartments in total, including a group of nine apartments built into the rock in the traditional style of the island and 17 apartments built from the rocks of the volcanic mountains. Renovated in 2010, the air-conditioned establishment offers a lobby with 24-hour check-out service, a hotel safe, bar, wireless Internet access, and room and laundry services.
- The standard studios are small but stylish. The open-plan accommodation consists of a sitting area with double bed, an en suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer, and a private terrace or balcony overlooking the breathtaking Aegean Sea and volcano. They all offer individually regulated air conditioning, a satellite TV, fridge, direct dial telephone, radio, hi-fi and a safe.
- There is an outdoor swimming pool with children’s swimming area, a poolside snack bar and a sun terrace with sun loungers laid out ready for use. From the pool area guests can experience some of the most awe-inspiring sunsets in the world. There is also a hot tub and sauna (fees apply).
- A breakfast buffet is served each morning.
- American Express, MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersOn the magical island of Santorini in the charming village of Imerovigli, Honeymoon Petra Villas stands perched above the deep blue Aegean Sea. Family owned and run, this unique establishment has a lot more to offer than just accommodation. Its extraordinary views, rich Greek flavor and unique hospitality distinguish it as a remarkably unique and tranquil heaven. The Pool, the biggest one on the Caldera, is hewn out of the volcanic rock and the facilities around it include a steam room and outdoor Jacuzzi, a Pool Bar and Day restaurant, a BBQ area, a breakfast area with panoramic views and large, comfortable lounge chairs and daybeds for the ultimate relaxation experience. From the pool area guests can experience some of the most awe-inspiring sunsets in the world.
- LocationHoneymoon Petra Villas is ideally located covering a wide range of needs. Only 100 meters away from the main square of Imerovigli where restaurants, shops, bakery, car/bike rentals, grocery store, bus stop for Fira town, Santorini Sailing Center for yacht excursions are found. Imerovigli is located 2 km away from the Capital of Santorini, Fira Village, only 15 minutes on foot or 5 minutes with taxi/bus. Imerovigli is one of the quietest Villages in Santorini. There is not any direct access from the Hotel towards the main road and that is what makes guests forget all the traffic noises they are eager to avoid during holidays.
- AccommodationThe hotel offers stylish and comfortable accommodation, taking full advantage of its breathtaking location and views of the caldera, volcano and the satellite islands of Santorini. The complex is comprised of two apartment blocks: The Traditional, a group of 9 apartments built into the rock in the traditional style of the island and the Petra, a group of 17 apartments built from the rocks of the volcanic mountains. Located higher on the cliff, the Traditional Wing exudes a local feeling. With some of the buildings dating back a thousand years, with the blinding under the sun white walls and the cute blue windows, the Traditional Wing has been used to advertise Greece in most Postcards, photos and documentaries. The Petra Wing is close to the Hotel's main facilities. The houses on this Wing are built with a unique architecture. They are carved into the rocks and they are dressed outside with black volcanic stone (Petra = Stone), while inside, big parts of the volcanic stones found in the excavation are left in their original location, harmonically combined with the interior decoration. The result is absolutely astonishing and definitely unique in the world. Staying in one of these houses can be a rare lifetime experience.
- Food and DrinkVisitors here enjoy a feast not just for their eyes but also for their taste. The dazzling light and the Aegean breeze combined with the island’s fertile volcanic soil nurture the local agricultural products, endowing them with top quality and unique taste. You don’t have to go far in order to taste these traditional dishes. Our restaurant offers a variety of choices and will be at your service to indulge the Greek cuisine. Not to mention that all the ingredients come straight from our own farm! The Pool Bar is open 24h a day for guests to relax and drink whenever and whatever they want!
- LeisureIn Honeymoon Petra Villas guests have the privilege to enjoy the biggest infinity pool one can find on the Caldera. It is 9 meters long and 3 meters deep with a whirlpool and a waterfall down to the children’s pool, hewn out of the volcanic rock. Furthermore, one of the things that one must do when visit Santorini, is a boat trip. There is nothing that can be compared to the view of the island from the sea. And since the owner of the Hotel is a captain, he will make sure his guests get the best sit on the boat. A fleet of 4 luxurious yachts and a crew of 4 experienced captains, Mr. Renieris and his sons, will provide guests unforgettable moments of sailing around the island of Santorini.
- Other facilities and services-Pool -Children’s pool -Pool bar -Breakfast Area -Poolside Bar & Day Restaurant -BBQ area -Steam bath (Hamam) -Outdoor Jacuzzi -Gym -Outdoor private parking Area -Private air-conditioned Shuttle Bus -Wi-Fi Internet Access -Tourist Information -Front desk -Travel desk -Yacht rental -Car & Moto Rental desk -Groom -Maid Service -Wakeup call -Massage on request -Room Service -Laundry Service -Iron/Ironing Board on request
- Total number of rooms: < 50
- Luggage room
- Hotel safe
- Fax and photocopying facilities
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Pets allowed
- Complementary bottle of water
- Welcome cocktail
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Check in from: 14:00
- Babysitting/Child services
- Early check in
- Late check out
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- EC Maestro
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See