Hotel review overview
Information about Hotel Belvedere
Check-In: 03:00 p.m.Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.At the 3-star hotel Belvedere in Wengen (1275m above sea level) you are right for relaxing holidays in the impressive mountain world of the Bernese Oberland at the foot of our home mountain - the Jungfrau.The hotel Belvedere was built in 1912 as an art nouveau hotel and enjoys one of the best and peaceful locations in Wengen. It has been refurnished smoothly to provide today’s comforts without losing the atmosphere of the olden days of the „Grand Hotel Belvedere“.Within 5 minutes walk you reach in summer the tennis courts and in winter the ski school office and its meeting place as well as the beginners’slope and the ice-rink. With the Männlichen cable car which is 5 minutes walk you reach in just a few minutes the Männlichen mountain which is the perfect starting point for skiing and hiking – always with the view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.Wengen is the ideal starting point for various excursions to the Jungfrau region. To the mountain railway station it only takes 5 minutes walk – from there you start the amazing journey up to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe - at 3454 metres altitude which is Europe’s highest railway station and the highlight of every visit to Switzerland!Wengen is a car-free resort. From Lauterbrunnen onwards just accessible by train (train ride from Lauterbrunnen to Wengen about 15 minutes only). Reception hours: On business days: from 07:30 to 22:00On the weekend: from 07:30 to 22:00
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersTraditional, art nouveau ***hotel with an unique caracter and with spacious lounges. Bar and terrace with panoramic views of the Alps.
- LocationThe Hotel Belvédère occupies the best location in Wengen. As Wengen is a virtually traffic free resort the hotel is absolutely quiet at all times of the day and night. The village centre and the Männlichen cable car is just 3 minutes and the railway station and children’s skigarden 5 minutes walk away on virtually level ground. The Hotel Belvédère offers an incomparable view of the Jungfrau massiv, the Breithorn chaine and the whole Lauterbrunnen Valley.
- AccommodationAll rooms in the Hotel Belvédère are fitted with radio, cable TV, phone, safe and hair-dryer.
- Food and DrinkWith a rich breakfast from our buffet in the morning you will be fit for another adventourus and active day around Wengen and the Lauterbrunnen-valley. At the end of the day we serve dinner from 6.30. At the buffet you can choose from different hot and cold plates as well as a choice of desserts.
- Other facilities and servicesThe ***hotel Belvédère is a charming hotel with unique character, in the Art Nouveau style. Generous accomodation for relaxed gatherings be it in the bar or on the terrace. Because of it's privileged and risen position at the border of Wengen, the Hotel Belvédère does profit of a unique calmity and a magnificient view to the Jungfrau and the Lauterbrunnen-valley. Enjoy the sun and the terrific view from our terrace or read a good book while drinking a nice cup of tea or coffee in our cosy Lobby or in the sunny winter garden.
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Number of lifts: 1
- Central heating
- Car park
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Vegetarian dishes
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars altogether: 1
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Tennis court
Other hotel information
- Number of stars/domestic category: 3 Stars
- Express check in and check out
- EC Maestro
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See