Tiran Island Hotel(4 stars)P.O. Box 410, Ras Nosrani Sharm El Sheikh South Sinai , Egypt View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Basic Food but Fantastic Service
- July 2013
Wasn't a great start we arrived at the hotel at 23:10 and could not get anything to eat or drink unless we paid even though it is allinclusive but only until 23:00 evidently. The first room we were given was on the ground floor right at the far corner of the hotel with a view of a security post, so I asked if we could change rooms which the receptionist was very good about and gave us a room on the third floor looking out towards the mountains very close to the main lobby. There is no mini ... bar in the rooms so if you want water or drinks in your room you have to buy them from the supermarket water is 10Lb for a 1ltr bottle that's about £1.20 not bad. There is free water available at the bars but only in small cups. Everything is kept very clean but the paint work and furniture are looking a bit shabby and the hotel could do with a bit of tlc. There is not much to choose from in the restaurant but what there is is very good and kept hot and the service is very good. The pool bar is fantastic Chico and Mohamed are stars and you glass is never empty whatever you are drinking the beer is bottled but always cold and ice is available all the time. The lobby bar is very good and the cafe bar near the shops is a great place to relax on a night with a shisha pipe if you want. The spirits are very watered down but as there are no limits to the visits to the bar until 23:00 this doesn't matter but If it does I would stick to the beer. The beach is a ten min walk or a two min shuttle bus ride its shale and sand with a jetty going out over the coral but fantastic snorkelling to be had around the reef. The best thing about the hotel is there are always sun beds available and never any queuing in the restaurant and you can get the same table every meal time whatever time you arrive with your usual drinks waiting for you. The ala carte Restaurants are hit or miss depending who you talk to some say the are good value for money around 150Lb per head as they are not part of the allinclusive. A trip to Naama Bay for the full on Egyptian shopping experience is great if you like haggling for a good deal but be warned don't get scammed into any trips as they probably will take your money but no one will turn up to take you on your trip book your trips in the hotel or with your rep if you have one.A trip to Soho square at night is to be recommended shops are more expensive than at Naama but less hassling and lots of great bars, clubs, restaurants and Ten Pin bowling and you can even go ice skating. Prices at are 44Lb to Naama on a minibus and to Soho Square around 27Lb. Overall for the money I think the Tiran Island hotel is very good.
Good for slow rest
- February 2013
We stay at the February with my girlfriend. Overall atmosphere is warm and friendly. Good and different gastronomy, nice view from restaurant terrace. Not far away from SOHO district. One of the most popular coral bay in the resort.
Please do not german tourists
- Nicht empfohlen
- December 2012
This The hotel is not bad. Just not good for german tourists so it should immediately from german catalogs disappear. We were the only german in the hotel. No-one spoke german, there was no german tv channels. This hotel has the 4.5 stars for russian and english tourists deserves.
There is one thing worse than this hotel
- Nicht empfohlen
- June 2012
Actually the location of the hotel is good, also the staff were very hard-working. The staff were also very friendly, what you from the conductive staff couldn't say. Here is I believe the Managerment asked. As only German couple were for us very hard, also without tip. All together there are worse vacation for the small price we paid.
Information about Tiran Island Hotel
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
- What the hotel offersTiran Island Hotel Located in Sharm el-Sheikh's exclusive Montazah area in Egypt, the Tiran Island Hotel is a 4-star hotel that offers guests views of the Red Sea and the Sinai Mountains and is favored by families and couples. A modern seaside resort that is home to 335 guestrooms, the Tiran Island Hotel offers guests a range of facilities such as 7 restaurants and bars, an outdoor pool, a private beach with water sport activities and a multi-purpose sporting complex. Evening entertainment at the complex includes live music and dance shows, while children's entertainment facilities are also available. Wi-Fi internet access is available through the complex for a surcharge.
- LocationThe Tiran Island Hotel provides guests with the views of the Red Sea and the Sinai Mountains and is located close the Egyptian coast. The hotel's private beach is a short bus journey away from the hotel's complex and provides guests with a number of relaxation and water sport activities. The Sharm El Sheikh International Airport is situated 2 kilometers away from the hotel and free private parking is available on site. Accomodation There are 335 guestrooms available at the Tiran Island Hotel, each of which is furnished with premium TV channels, kitchenettes, minibars, in-room safes, coffee making facilities and private bathrooms with hair dryers. Each room has a balcony area while some include separate seating areas.
- Food and DrinkThe Tiran Island Hotel features 7 different restaurants and bars, which are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and provide a variety of menus from around the world. Meals can be ordered a la carte or are available in the form of a buffet. The hotel's a la carte restaurant House of Curry offers authentic Indian dishes, while the Piazza Cafe serves a selection of teas and coffees with live entertainment in the evenings. Snacks and drinks can be purchased from the restaurants and bars throughout the day.
- LeisureGuests of the Tiran Island Hotel are provided with access to the hotel's private beach, which features relaxation areas and a range of water sport activities such as beach volleyball, water skiing and windsurfing. Within the hotel complex itself, guests have access to a multipurpose sport complex and an outdoor pool with a bar and children's pool. Live music and entertainment is available in the evenings. Other services The hotel's reception is open 24 hours a day, while grocery shops and ATMs can be found within the complex.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See