Information about Royal Sun Resort
Hotel own description
- What the hotel offersStanding proudly against the backdrop of the majestic cliffs that give their name to the tranquil resort village of Los Gigantes ("The Giants"), the Royal Sun Resort is set on one of the cliffs´ highest points, with unsurpassed views of the village, the charming marina, and the sea beyond. Quality is the hallmark of every aspect of the Royal Sun Resort, from the tasteful, designer-furnished apartments and the choice of on-site restaurants, to the level of the service offered by the friendly staff. Two heated swimming pools, one for children and one for adults, are set in the middle of the complex, with a sparkling waterfall flowing from one to the other and superb panoramic views from their surrounding sunbathing terraces. Next to the swimming pools is the pool bar "Oasis Abraxas", supplying the perfect refreshments to keep you cool whilst sunbathing. From the "Café Royale" bistro bar for drinks and snacks, to elegant dining in the sophisticated "Regency" restaurant with its splendid views, the range of restaurants within the complex serves every taste. For evening entertainment, try the impressive "Imperial" bar and lounge, complete with an entertainment area where regular shows take place. If you like a bit of activity, the gym, the squash courts, and the aerobics room should keep you busy. One hundred and twenty apartments are spread over six floors, linked by corridors and lifts. There are studios, one-bedroom, two-bedrooms and three-bedrooms apartments, all spacious and comfortable with designer furnishings including ceiling fans in both bedroom and lounge areas, satellite flat screen TV, direct dial telephone and a DVD player. The bathrooms have a wonderful semi-circular bath and a window that looks out on to a mini cactus garden. Bedrooms have a double bed and doors opening onto a large private balcony or terrace, furnished with sun beds, a table, and chairs.
- LocationFrom Tenerife South Airport to Los Gigantes, is approximately 45 km. From the airport, take the motorway ‘Autopista del Sur’ (TF-1) west, in the direction of Playa Las Americas/Adeje. Continue along the TF-1 until you see the exit for Playa San Juan, Puerto Santiago & Los Gigantes (TF-47). At the roundabout (under the motorway), take the third exit, sign posted Playa San Juan / Los Gigantes, then proceed north-west for 21 kms. The T-Junction of Los Gigantes and Tamaimo, is directly after the Police Station. Take the left turn, down the hill, follow the road around three sharp bends and bear right where the road forks. Continue up the hill right to the end of the road. The Royal Sun Resort is at the top of the hill. The reception is located in the middle of the building. ** Please, note that airport in the north of the Island – Los Rodeos – is approx. 120 km from the resort.
- Accommodation120 modern and spacious apartments, tastefully furnished, all of them enjoying magnificent unique views of the Atlantic and La Gomera Island, as well as the local areas of Los Gigantes and Puerto Santiago. Fully-equipped apartments have all modern conveniences and quality furniture that ensure a comfortable environment with a feel of home. All apartments have spacious private terraces equipped with sun beds, sun shades and umbrellas. Royal Sun offers a selection of studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments that can comfortably accommodate from 2 to 8 people. Our guests will have a tranquil sleep not only because of the location of the resort, but also because of the high quality mattresses and bed linen in each bedroom.
- Food and DrinkThe main restaurant of the Royal Sun Resort is situated on a spectacular terrace and has unique qualities: great views, impeccable cuisine and first class service. Panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the island of La Gomera can be seen from any point in the restaurant through a transparent wall that separates the inside dining area from the open space terrace. The interior is decorated in a restrained classical style and does not distract attention from the main attraction: the delicacies created by the famous Canarian chef, Carlos Gamonal. Chef Carlos presents a modern interpretation of European culinary traditions using only the freshest local produce and gourmet ingredients. Through the transparent walls of the open kitchen, guests can watch the master at work to learn the secrets of his culinary arts. "Regency" restaurant is perfect for special occasions, anniversaries, birthdays, and romantic or family dinners. In a relaxed atmosphere with attentive service by the excellent staff, everyone will feel pampered.
- LeisureFor the maintenance of tone, beauty and health, the Royal Sun Resort gym has modern training equipment. Royal Sun Resort can boast of two swimming pools — one for kids and one for adults — set in the middle of the complex on the third and fourth floors. Both pools have uninterrupted views over the local areas of Los Gigantes and Puerto Santiago, as well as a breathtaking view across the Atlantic to La Gomera Island and the magnificent cliffs of Los Gigantes. The pools are surrounded by sunbathing terraces. The main pool is 25 m long, 5 m wide with a depth of 1.4 m. There is a built-in jacuzzi and a waterfall running from the kids´ pool above. The kids´ pool is 2 m long and 40 cm deep. There is a snack-bar next to the pools that will supply snacks and refreshments to the sunbathers. Royal Sun Resort is a family-oriented resort. We have a playroom designed especially for our little guests where they can enjoy playing during their holiday. The main concept of the playroom is safety – neither sharp edges nor small parts are present. The walls of the room are painted with favorite cartoon characters. Our dedicated animators will warmly welcome every child and help him/her feel among friends. Your child will be under supervision at all times. Our entertainers will help your children in whatever activity they choose to engage: drawing, painting, sculpting or inventing new games. The creative atmosphere and new friends will make their stay with us unforgettable. We are looking forward to seeing our most important guests in our Kid´s Club!