We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (2) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 2 reviews
- " This hotel is for a city break the ideal starting point. Directly at the Peter cathedral can be reached even on foot all sights within short time. The hotel is clean the staff very friendly. The chronic naggers in the portal, the breakfast is for Italian ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- " ... exceptionally friendly. The rooms are not very big, also the bathroom is small, but it is everything you need is available ( Gear are available). There is in the room a safe and also a mini bar. Great hotel! " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Hotel in general (2)
- Surroundings (1) Comments related to "Location" found in 1 review
- " The hotel ( room in a former monastery, and thus partly very small - a chair and a small desk- ) Location is great close to the Peter place (just across a lateral road) and makes us with its access to the ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- Surroundings (1)
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " This hotel is for a city break the ideal starting point. Directly at the Peter cathedral can be reached even on foot all sights within short time. The hotel is clean the staff very friendly. The chronic naggers in the portal, the breakfast is for Italian standards more than enough ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- Service Friendliness (1)
- Facilities (1) Comments related to "Room" found in 1 review
- " ... lies directly next to the Peter cathedral. There is a roof terrace with a view of the dome of the Peter cathedral! The frontdesk employees spoke mostly German and are all exceptionally friendly. The rooms are not very big, also the bathroom is small, but it is everything you need is available ( Gear are available). ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Bathroom (1) Comments related to "Room" found in 1 review
- " ... cathedral. There is a roof terrace with a view of the dome of the Peter cathedral! The frontdesk employees spoke mostly German and are all exceptionally friendly. The rooms are not very big, also the bathroom is small, but it is everything you need is available ( Gear are available). There is in the room a safe ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Facilities (1)
Information about Residenza Paolo VI
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis charming city hotel is close to St Peter's Square, with only 10 footsteps separating guests from the centre of the Christian world. This fantastic location is perfect for guests to easily get to the many attractions of the city, such as Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps and the Colosseum. The historical hotel is also surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops, theatres and cinemas which will allow guests to take part in the Italian dolce vita. San Petro train station is around a 10-minute walk from the hotel and nearby airports include Ciampino, 25 km away, and Leonardo da Vinci International (Fiumicino), which is approximately 30 km away.
- The residence was established in the premises of a monastery and inaugurated at the beginning of the Holy Year of 2000. The genius loci and the charm of tradition are still alive in its ancient walls to make this property guests' private haven in Rome. Renovated in 2010, the air-conditioned city hotel offers 29 rooms in total and welcomes guests in a lobby with 24-hour reception and check-out services, currency exchange facilities and lift access. Further facilities include a cafe and restaurant, WLAN Internet access and room and laundry services (fees apply to both).
- The hotel offers comfortably furnished single and double rooms, all with an en suite bathroom with a shower/WC and hairdryer, as well as a double bed, satellite TV, a direct dial telephone and Internet access. Other in-room amenities include a minibar, safe, radio and, of course, individually regulated air conditioning and heating.
- A breakfast buffet is served each morning, while set menu and à la carte options are available for lunch and dinner.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Via Paolo VI N.29 00193 Roma
Phone: 06 684870
- What the hotel offersThe Residenza Paolo VI, established in the premises of monastery, was inaugurated at the beginning of the Holy Year 2000. The genius loci and the charm of tradition are still alive in its ancient walls to make this property your “private” haven in Rome, far away from chaos, yet situated in the pulsing heart of the Eternal City. Rome has many hotels, but only one of them stands directly on St. Peters’s Square (Vatican): Residenza Paolo VI.
- LocationThe Residenza Paolo VI is close to S. Peter Square, only ten footsteps separate our customers from the centre of the Christian world. This fantastic location is perfect to get easily to the many attractions of the city. Apart from this our House is surrounded by Restaurants, Bars, Theaters and Cinemas which will let you take part to the Italian dolce vita. Thanks to the local public transport society A.T.A.C. (www.atac.roma.it) our Residneza is also good connected to the main attractions of the city: thanks to a regular train services it is easy to get to Fiumicino Airport from Termini railway station you can reach the Termini railway station either with the bus lines 64 and 40 or the subway line A from Ottaviano station (ten minutes walk from the hotel) from the railway station San Pietro, which is also just five minutes walk from our Residenza, it is possible to reach easily and quickly the Gemelli hospital and the train station Trastevere.
- AccommodationOur house offers 23 comfortably furnished single and double rooms, all with shower/WC, satellite TV, direct telephone lines, minibar, safe, hairdryer and, of course, air conditioning. There are also 2 triple rooms, 2 deluxe rooms and our two elegant junior suites which offer a spetacular view of St. Peter’s Square (Vatican): only 29 rooms in all for a typical small luxury hotel of the new generation, with a pleasant warm atmosphere and a friendly personal service.
- Food and DrinkOur uncomparable location and our special atmosphere offer us the possibilty to help you organizing your private and business meetings the adequate way for you. You can celebrate your birthday or your wedding in our wonderful Bernini Room having an aperitif on our marvellous terrace before as well as you can organize a business lunch in our inspiring and elegant atmosphere. We afford space enough for groups from ten till forty persons.
- Other facilities and servicesSome feel that they are at "gates of heaven" on what is the Residenza's real attraction, with its breathtaking view of "the most beautiful square in the Western world" and the Papal Palace, with the mighty dome St. Peter's Basilica (Vatican) towering over it - a truly unique panorama! Our panoramic terrace gives you a front seat view over St. Peter's Square (Vatican), here you can sit and feast your eyes on this scenery. In the evening, the terrace's beautiful illumination, the discrete sound of classical music in the background and a wide range of drinks and cocktails are perfect for relaxing after a day full of impressions. On the top floor of the Residenza, our "Bernini Room" invites you to have a good start into the day with our rich American buffet breakfast. Later the day, our bar service will tempt you with Italian coffee and cappuccino, refreshing drinks and a selection of light snacks. Upon request, we are delighted to organise a private cocktail reception and an exclusive luncheon or dinner for 10 to 40 people. It has 30 rooms, all beautifully and elegantly furnished, with every comfort: en suite bathroom with shower hair dryer safe minibar satellite TV telephone internet connection Services on request Transfer from the airport to the hotel
- Total number of rooms: < 50
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Writing bureau
- Double bed
- Satellite TV
- Air conditioning
- Minibar: alcoholic
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars altogether: 1
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Breakfast buffet
- Catering service
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Check out no later than: 11:00
- Information desk
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See