We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (3) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 3 reviews
- Hotel in general (3)
Quiet hotel, for swimming in the ocean wasn't suitable.
- Nicht empfohlen
- Nachweis erbracht
- October 2013
The medium sized hotel is modern and nicely decorated. There is a building, whose wing in different condition. Some wing are already been renovated, some are not. However they are in good condition. The rooms are clean, however our toilet flushing cistern from, which was up to the departure not repaired. The hotel looked from the outside not so inviting as from the inside. The lobby and lobby bar, in the evening entertainment takes place, the optical highlight of the hotel. The tangerine beach hotel offers both half board and all inclusive. Moreover, the hotel is often used by the ... locals for weddings and fotoshootings booked, but also for conferences. Internet access is in the lobby available for a fee, but expensive. The limited use of the adjacent sister hotel Royal Palms is included, which was the free use of the internet in its lobby includes. We therefore recommend, the short path through the hotel garden to take, to the internet free of charge to use. A visit to the Royal Palms was worth it so or so, since it is even nicer than the tangerine. The tangerine has an international guest structure, especially russians, germans, french, british and sri lankaner includes. None of the nationalities is negative. Every age group is to be found here, but hardly any children and little german young people represented are. Some older guests come for 15 time. What it is, are the many security cameras, the everywhere in the hotel. Even in the gym of the sister hotel.
Anne & marcel
Successful, relaxing holiday
- September 2013
Hotel is very clean and well cared for. Room size completely sufficient and clean, are cleaned daily.
Ceylon nights @ tangerine beach
- August 2013
The tangerine is a somewhat aged, but very clean hotel in singhalesischem style. The room booked was large and comfortable. The safe was free. Wi-fi (the only criticism) against relatively high fee only in lobby area available. The staff was almost overly friendly and attentive. The hotel is directly at the extensive sandy beach, but in sections a little trashy was. The 'red flag' blew the 2 weeks by, what a but not hold despite the surge in the warm indian ocean to jump. The pool was clean and well maintained, but usually relatively crowded. There was a evening entertainment ... with live music or karaoke. At least during our travel time was from 22,30 here already dead announced. Outside of the hotel there are some bars, are for the evening entertainment, but not worth mentioning, except one speaks like russian. The guest structure was a balanced mix of german, english, french and russian (or ukrainian or the like) tourists. The food, at least breakfast and dinner, was very good and varied.
Dream holiday in Sri Lanka.
- August 2013
The hotel is currently being renovated. In a flügeltrakt the rooms were completely renewed and currently also newly decorated. The construction work was however not further disturbing and we hardly noticed. The hotel and our room were all very clean, the mattresses in our rooms even new. We slept very well. In our travel time the guest structure was very mixed. There were many nationalities (german, french, english, russians, ukrainians, sinhalese, arab emirates and saudi arabia...) It fell but no nationality negatively.
Beautiful summer vacation
- Nachweis erbracht
- July 2013
Probably a bit older hotel building, but everything was clean and in good order The restaurant on the 1st floor is currently under construction (july 2013), the construction didn't bother but not large. Neither the nearby line. By the damp climate and the air conditioning is the room very humid (watch out for mold). Drive to the airport with a minibus 1.5-2 hour After kalatura with tuk-tuk 10 minutes (max 1000 s for 2 people there and back, the driver waits) Swimming in the sea was impossible, since too high waves. The monsoon is in july not yet over. ... But, the beach is nice and clean. 2 day trips in TUI booked, both in minibus 4 people plus good german speaking guide and driver - bile with turtle farm, moonstone mine, boat trip on lake with animal sightings very interesting - kandy with interesting train ride and temple visit. On this trip you can elephant orphanage save. Entrance is very expensive (15 Euro), some fruit to feed and elefantenritt costs extra. You can very close to the very short angeketteten elephants ran, but that is just everything for the 1/2-hour visit to the 18 elephants (the other we didn't see). In the basel zoo the elephants reflect held. The return of kandy in the minibus was a bit of a hassle about 3.5 hours on distanzmäßig shortest way.
Information about Hotel Tangerine Beach
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is situated 40 km south of Colombo on the beach in Kalutara.
- A tropical dreamscape tinted by the colours of paradise, the hotel is a modern 4-star resort very close to the beach. It has 166 luxurious guest rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite and six other suites with private balconies or patios. The property offers guests currency exchange facilities, a café, restaurant and laundry service. 24-hour room service ensures guests can have food and drinks served in their room, any time of the day or night.
- Every suite and room offers a breathtakingly beautiful view of the ocean and the garden. Each room has individually controlled air conditioning. Other amenities include piped music, fans and well-appointed bathrooms with a bath and shower. A direct dial telephone, TV and balcony or terrace also feature as standard.
- The hotel offers a large outdoor swimming pool with a pool bar, tennis courts with floodlighting, table tennis, volleyball, badminton, billiards and a gym with massage service.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Hotel safe
- Writing bureau
- Hotel bar
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See