Hotel review overview
Kirsten & Christian
Good area, nice staff.
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- November 2013
We stayed for three days and 2 nights in this hotel. It pleased us well. We had the 2. evening unfortunately a complaint to our room, on the very good response. The staff is very friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel as a ' hostel for adults' and again. The situation in Altona-ottensen is very good and by fernzug or s-bahn very easy to reach. We stayed in the hotel for repeated times. This time we had a bunk bed, the room was very small. The did not please us so well. But it was quiet, the is even ... more important. The breakfast has a lot of organic products and is very attractive and delicious.
Information about Hotel Schanzenstern Altona
- What the hotel offersWhether you are travelling alone, in pairs, with your family, a group or as a backpacker: the Schanzenstern-Altona has the right accommodation for every taste. The entrance is in the backyard. The lift, which is accessible for handicapped persons, can be reached directly from the foyer. On the ground floor, there is a lounge with a TV and internet access as well as the breakfast room. The house is completely free of cigarette smoke.
- LocationThe Schanzenstern Altona Hotel lies in the middle of Ottensen, a district that belongs to Hamburg-Altona – one of the liveliest quarters in Hamburg. Altona station is only a 5-minute-walk away. You can get to the Altona station either directly by train or by S-Bahn (about 11 minutes from central station). The former working-class neighborhood offers its inhabitants and guests a special flair. Cafes, restaurants and multicultural life shape its streets and squares. Whether for shopping or bar-hopping in Ottensen or on foot to the river Elbe for a walk at the beach (with a magnificent sunset!) - our guests benefit from the central location!
- AccommodationWe offer: • 13 single rooms • 2 double rooms with separate beds • 2 double rooms with bunk beds • 4 double rooms • 1 three-bed room with bunk beds • 6 four-bed rooms with bunk beds • 1 five-bed room with bunk beds • 2 seven-bed rooms • 2 apartment for two persons • 1 apartment for four persons All rooms are equipped with shower and toilet. All rooms are non smoking rooms. Free WiFi for Guests
- Food and DrinkIn the morning, we prepare a delicious breakfast buffet for our guests. We use mostly products of certified organic cultivation. A packed lunch can be ordered as well. We offer an assortment at beverages, sweet and salty snacks to our hotel guests for the favorable purchase.
- Other facilities and servicesAll our rooms as well as the apartments are free of cigarette smoke. On the first floor we have rooms that are accessible for handicapped persons ; on the 2nd up to the 4th floor there are single and double rooms as well as family rooms and dorms. A special highlight can be booked at a favourable weekly rate: our appartments on the top floor – equipped with living room, sleeping room, kitchen and bathroom, one of them also accessible for the handicapped!
- Central heating
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
Other hotel information
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See