We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- February 2013
We stayed 2 nights at the heliconia and felt really good there. The hotel is in a nice location on the hillside and the large area shows a lot of green and variety. The views in the morning on the Pacific are very atmospheric and in the evening you can very nice sunsets see. The romos and the bathroom are huge and are almost entirely of wood. The location is ideal for activities in one of the many parks. Only the well-known problems with the morning shower (is sometimes not hot) seems the hotel not in manageable.
bad hotel and Gelddiebstahl from the safe
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- February 2012
Were not impressed. Room uncomfortable, lounge missing. Only the food you in the restaurant stop. The beds qietschten at every turn, so you always again became awake. We were with a group of'mountains & Meer' there. Had 300, -US $in the safe and the next morning at 6:00 o'clock after Nicaragua drove on. As we evenings our drinks pay wanted, we found out, that the money is not more in the wallet was. With two other Traveling companions were missing each 120, -US $from the safe and 100, -from the suitcase. There is everything at this point, that it ... is targeted steal-you know perfectly well, the loss later finds and then far away or no longer can act. We can only warn, no money in the room and safe to store.
Information about Hotel Heliconia
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is located in Monteverde in the region of Puntarenas, one of the few places in the world, where the famous "Bosques Nubosos", forests cloaked in cloud, still remain. It is home to a host of rare species of bird such as quetzals and campanas, as well a many other rare types of animals.
- The hotel building is set in a charming landscape and is surround by untouched forests, which promise guests a relaxing holiday in the freshest of air. The hotel comprises a total of 55 rooms and has a currency exchange facility, a TV room, Internet access (charges apply) and a laundry service (also for a fee.) For guests' refreshment there is a café, a bar and a restaurant.
- The rooms are close to all other facilities of the hotel and each comes with an en suite bathroom with a luxury shower and hot running water. In addition to this a direct dial telephone, a cable TV, 2 double beds (other beds are available) and a safe. Most come with their own balcony.
- The hotel offers its guests the opportunity to relax in the Jacuzzi and in the spa area. In addition to this visitors to the area have an unending supply of leisure options, such as walks on natural history trails that lead over rope bridges, crossing ravines on the canopy-cable car, butterfly tours, visits to the reptile and amphibian park, the hummingbird park and the orchid park, which has a large collection including orchids that can be found nowhere else in the world, night walks in the forest, riding trips and excursions to the coffee plantations, dairies and cheese factories of Monteverde.
- The hotel's own restaurant "El Mediterráneo" offers its guests a selection of Italian and international dishes. There is also a range of national and international drinks and cocktails available.
- American Express, VISA and MasterCard are all accepted methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See