Pung-Waan Resort & Spa Kwai Yai(3 stars)72/1 Moo2 Tumbol Thamakham Muang View on map
At a glance
- Large pool area (1) "Large pool area" found in 1 review
- " ... water in the other Baths used, hardly came more than a trickle from the shower. Loud front desk that would be problem known and you should wait until again less people Showers. The hotel owns a large pool area which we did not use however. The pool looked at first sight however clean. The breakfast ... "March 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Pool (1) Comments related to "Sport" found in 1 review
- " ... water in the other Baths used, hardly came more than a trickle from the shower. Loud front desk that would be problem known and you should wait until again less people Showers. The hotel owns a large pool area which we did not use however. The pool looked at first sight however clean. The breakfast ... " read hotel reviewMarch 2012
- Pool (1)
- January 2014
We have a rafting with buffet directly from the jetty of the hotel. Was very nice and the meal tasted. The breakfast was contrary to the evening disappointing. To mention still was the loud air conditioning system on the balcony, which people with easy sleep perhaps could be disturbing.
For a, two nights very nice.
- Nachweis erbracht
- February 2013
We stayed as part of a tour for one night in this hotel. It is a smaller, somewhat dated resort. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom could stand times a renovation, but for a night it was ok. The breakfast was good and sufficient, but not great, the staff very friendly and english speaking. I really liked very much the location of the pools. Restaurants or supermarkets i have with the on and departure no in the immediate vicinity.
Ui ui! Gives determines better hotels in the region!
- Nicht empfohlen
- February 2013
Pung-waan resort an older hotel. The main areas have been updated and seemed friendly, the rooms and the restaurant however unfortunately not and really dreary! The hotel seemed like leaving and had also hardly any guests. Great was the clean pool (beware mosquitos ) - directly at the pool there were towels. The garden is beautifully laid out and looks really great from right on the river. The room was old, sad, just. And unfortunately too simple ☺ the blast were 2 few red slippers (instead of slippers), by the next guest will must. The only good thing was the ... free water in the room and the reasonable mini bar prices. The night was still quiet and the breakfast okay. All in all a cheap night in the extremely interesting region-but there were certainly also low-priced hotels, the a bit more maintained are.
Lovely hotel with romantic ambience.
- December 2012
Hotel right on the river kwai with private flowed on a restaurant is. Very nicely located and the attraction the restaurant is in the evening lit on the floss, where you the river kwai bridge approaches.
Thailand is worth a trip
- Nachweis erbracht
- November 2012
Friendly, helpful staff, good food, hotel for short stay completely sufficient, recommendable
Information about Pung-Waan Resort & Spa Kwai Yai
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe resort is conveniently set on the bank of the Kwai Yai River, only 2 km from the famous River Kwai Bridge, yet far away from the busy life of downtown Kanchanaburi. The bus and train stations in Kanchanaburi are both a 5-minute drive away. It is only 150 km west of Bangkok, and is easily reached by private car, bus or train. The resort can be reached in just 2 hours.
- The signatures of this resort are its tranquil atmosphere and its picturesque river views. The resort offers low-rise buildings and 147 rooms in total. It has a lobby, bar, restaurant and conference facilities.
- The elegantly-appointed rooms all come with an en suite bathrooms with hot and cold shower, centrally-regulated air conditioning, a minibar, satellite-/cable TV and a direct dial telephone. In order to provide the guests with the complete convenience and comfort of a home, all rooms have private balconies which open onto the garden or the river. The spa deluxe rooms have recently been refurbished with a romantic touch especially to accommodate honeymooning couples, and all have direct access to the river bank.
- The resort offers a high-standard spa with a full range of treatment programs for your good health and beauty. These included traditional Thai massage treatments. Guests may also take advantage of the outdoor pool with children’s pool. Volleyball and tennis courts, and a hot tub also feature.
- Overlooking the lush green garden and the lively fountains, in an inlet of the River Kwai, the Rim Kwai restaurant offers a special dining experience with delicious Thai and international cuisine in an air-conditioned atmosphere. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment at the hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Hair dryer
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Airport transfer
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See