Hotel Montalay Beach Resort(2 stars)P.O. Box 8, Suratthani View on map
At a glance
- Well run hotel (1) "Well run hotel" found in 1 review
- " Well run hotel , surrounded by trees and palm trees, very beautiful. Unfortunately very isolated. It is not ... "April 2012
- Good food (1) "Good food" found in 1 review
- " ... and palm trees, very beautiful. Unfortunately very isolated. It is not without a taxi from there, since the streets also not developed. If you a few days only relaxation and you a bit more for good food you want to spend, then there was one just perfect. There are still a bit cheaper food ... "April 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in general
- Quality (1) Comments related to "Food" found in 1 review
- " ... and palm trees, very beautiful. Unfortunately very isolated. It is not without a taxi from there, since the streets also not developed. If you a few days only relaxation and you a bit more for good food you want to spend, then there was one just perfect. There are still a bit cheaper food ... " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- Quality (1)
Nice hotel in the dream location with restrictions may apply
- January 2014
The transfer of koh samui is with the ferry circa 2 hours then go to a pick up to the hotel, this would not be achieved. The hotel is located in a desirable location but also means, that it is remote and therefore no shopping or dining are available. Here one must for 100 Baht per person the taxi service to the pier to take. The hotel also offers food at what really good, plentiful and at a fair price. The breakfast is unfortunately not varied. The rooms are large and clean, however very clairaudient. There is no safe and ... no shelve space in the closet, only a few clothes hangers. The beach is nice, but not spacious. Reef is available. At the beach there were no beach chairs only chairs. Massagepreise in the hotel, for example, for thai massage 350 Baht. Diving school in the hotel and a german-speaking directly next to it in the neighboring hotel. Our conclusion: insider tip for people who still want! Price-performance ratio fully satisfactory!
Unbelievably unfriendly staff!
- Nicht empfohlen
- January 2013
Fantastic beach, unfriendly staff, cheeky price (restaurant, laundry). Thai politeness is here rather small... Breakfast bad and overpriced! Would definitely not again book.
Best hotel in of tanote bay
- July 2012
Location good, directly at the beach. Only with pickup or taxi from the main resort to reach, about 15 minutes. The modern ( concrete) houses are clearly more comfortable than the on the first glance more attractive bungalows in large garden. I would always prefer. Restaurant good, a bit more expensive as the other at the beach, but also better. Nice beach bar with good cocktails at the beach. Great (!) location for snorkeling and diving. Diving center directly on the site!
In the middle of the nature, so hard reachable
- March 2012
Well run hotel, surrounded by trees and palm trees, very beautiful. Unfortunately very isolated. It is not without a taxi from there, since the streets also not developed. If you a few days only relaxation and you a bit more for good food you want to spend, then there was one just perfect. There are still a bit cheaper food possibility next door. Beach is quite clean, but not so fine as to other StrandabschnittenKo TAOs, however therefor very quiet.
Information about Hotel Montalay Beach Resort
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is located on the rugged headlands of the east coast of Koh Taom, making it a great place for snorkelling and diving. It is the best seashore on the island offering beautiful views and tourist attractions close to the resort. Tanote Bay is just a minute's walk from the resort, Shark Island is a 30-minute boat ride away and Thong Sala is an hour from the hotel by public transport. Koh Samui airport is approximately 60 km from the resort.
- Built and renovated in 2011, the beach hotel presents modern architecture, with the blue seas of Tanote Bay as a backdrop. There are 39 guest rooms at the club resort and facilities include a lobby with a hotel safe and currency exchange facilities, a restaurant, laundry service (fees apply) and a car park.
- The resort offers bungalows with a modern style, decorated with Asian artwork and minimalist design. Each comes with a private balcony, a flat-screen TV and a minibar. Attached bathrooms have hot shower facilities. A double or king-size bed, Internet access, and tea and coffee making facilities also feature in all rooms as standard.
- The resort provides an outdoor swimming pool with a granite sun deck and a diving school (fees apply). There is a spa which offers massages (fees apply) with traditional Thai massage techniques and spa treatment packages. Alternatively, for more active guests, the hotel has a water sports centre offering snorkelling, scuba diving or kayaking at nearby locations. The nearby beach is sandy.
- The resort provides a fine-dining restaurant, offering a fusion of Thai and western cuisine. Breakfast is served each morning, and à la carte options are available for lunch and dinner. There is a beach bar for guests to unwind with great music and a selection of cocktails and beers.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
- The resort is about 60 km away from Samui International Airport. If getting to Koh Tao by boat from Thong Sala, Koh Samui to Koh Tao, the journey is 47 km. The trip takes two and a half hours. The hotel is to be found in the east of island, on Tanote Bay.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and tea
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See