Hotel Zapfenhof(4 stars)Zellbergeben 64 A- 6280 Zell im Zillertal View on map
At a glance
- The hotel is very beautiful (3) "The hotel is very beautiful" found in 3 reviews
- " The hotel is very beautiful and equipped with a lot of attention to detail. Particularly beautiful is the garden with ... "September 2012
- " There were a few relaxing days in Zapfenhof. The Bath possibilities after hiking were wonderful. Staff are very friendly, very good food. Room clean and spacious. Hotel mile a beautiful garden. We felt very much at ease ! "June 2012
- " Very recommendable hotel . "June 2012
- Staff are very friendly (3) "Staff are very friendly" found in 3 reviews
- " There were a few relaxing days in Zapfenhof. The Bath possibilities after hiking were wonderful. Staff are very friendly , very good food. Room clean and spacious. Hotel mile a beautiful garden. We felt very much at ease! "June 2012
- " Very friendly staff . Brilliant food. Inside and out complex in a very clean condition. Very idyllic location. The ... "June 2012
- " ... short vacation in the beautiful Zillertal! The country inn Zapfenhof is a fantastic very clean courtyard with fine fresh vegetables from its own garden. The food general was a feast for the eyes! The very friendly and courteous staff ! "July 2012
- Very good food (2) "Very good food" found in 2 reviews
- " There were a few relaxing days in Zapfenhof. The Bath possibilities after hiking were wonderful. Staff are very friendly, very good food . Room clean and spacious. Hotel mile a beautiful garden. We felt very much at ease! "June 2012
- " Very friendly staff. Brilliant food . Inside and out complex in a very clean condition. Very idyllic location. The bar is a little ... "June 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (3) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 3 reviews
- " The hotel is very beautiful and equipped with a lot of attention to detail. Particularly beautiful is the garden with ... " read hotel reviewSeptember 2012
- " There were a few relaxing days in Zapfenhof. The Bath possibilities after hiking were wonderful. Staff are very friendly, very good food. Room clean and spacious. Hotel mile a beautiful garden. We felt very much at ease! " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- " Very recommendable hotel. " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Hotel in general (3)
- Service Friendliness (3) Comments related to "Service" found in 3 reviews
- June 2012
- " Very friendly staff. Brilliant food. Inside and out complex in a very clean condition. Very idyllic location. The ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- " ... short vacation in the beautiful Zillertal! The country inn Zapfenhof is a fantastic very clean courtyard with fine fresh vegetables from its own garden. The food general was a feast for the eyes! The very friendly and courteous staff! " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Service Friendliness (3)
- Quality (2) Comments related to "Food" found in 2 reviews
- June 2012
- " Very friendly staff. Brilliant food. Inside and out complex in a very clean condition. Very idyllic location. The bar is a little ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Quality (2)
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- August 2013
After reading the various negative comments about the Zapfenhof (after we booked our vacation), we were somewhat apprehensive. However, upon our arrival we soon realized that the majority of the negative comments were of two general sorts: (1) extremely "critical" persons who are generally never satisfied with where they are, and (2) couples in the age range of 45-65 without children. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Zapfenhof, found the hotel to be full of leisure activities (e.g., 3 pools, animals for the kids, a kneipbecken, a hupfburg, a trampoline, a kids room with climbing wall, etc etc. ...). The room was a bit old-fashioned, but absolutely clean and in good shape. The personnel were mostly from eastern Europe and spoke Austrian with a strange, and at times, difficult to follow accent. However, when you get beyond that, we found everyone to be extremely friendly and helpful. All in all, a very pleasant surprise and we would definately recommend this to families looking for a good deal for little money.
4 star with drawbacks
- August 2013
First, we had a nice time in the Zillertal and in the Zapfenhof, but a 4 star hotel is the Zapfenhof not in every area. Great is the garden, really great! Also for children is outside much. The swimming pond is great and the pools also for children optimally warm. The sauna area was tastefully decorated. The room was at first glance frightening cramped. For the children the sofa was prepared and a wobbly folding bed. Nobody has the trouble the fat coffee table to remove, the beach when we arrived on the balcony door. We have to 2. to ... the cabinet hochgewuchtet. Then was enough space. The kinder'paradies' is a dark basement room, but at least are nice toys. Children must from the dining room in the basement the eingangstüre past, the evening always was open, not so well arranged, in the street in front of the door and the uncovered swimming pond in the garden. 3 days before our departure the light in the room broken, and remained there, despite two demand. The food was okay, but not outstanding. Extra wishes are better not to ask. I am a vegetarian, it seems to one in the Zapfenhof never to have had. Of 6 or 7 courses remained i usually only 3 or 4 to eat. Soup, in the map as beef broth was announced, i was put, on my request, whether vegetarian was, the waiter said: 'yes'. It was the same soup as for my husband! And such actions gave it several times. The breakfast was good and rich, i liked the homemade bread. Especially we were surprised, that, although the guests were asked in front of the door to smoke, the employees and probably some regular customers a bar right next to the dining room smoked, without door between them and even already for breakfast. For the aldipreis the hotel was ok for us. But more it would be really not worth! A shame, because garden and spa area are really great, but in the house is sometimes somewhat carelessly.
Simply wonderful for holiday
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- July 2013
A wonderful, very pleasant, a nice family run hotel. Recommendable, very probably for alone travellers. Couples, friends, as well as for families! It will be every 'personal' worried-this feeling is a at check-in gave-if the boss greeted with a handshake. A clean and lovingly arranged bathing pond, a well-kept outdoor and indoor pool, enough beach chairs, a gartenbild and a waiter every 30 minutes inquire, if you had a request. The rooms are simple, but what more do you need? And very clean contents of the maids. The icing on the cake however evening-a menu, the no wishes open, and ... there was something for everyone is, also for the little ones there is an extra kid. I will definitely stay there in the winter guest, although i cannot schifahre, but only to the a couple of days feeling well and relaxing.
- Nachweis erbracht
- March 2013
Pleasant staff, overpriced services (wi-fi, bathrobe, etc.) , delicious food, clean and big room, partly strange decor, ski bus every 15 minutes
More appearance than substance
- Nicht empfohlen
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- March 2013
Positive: the large and beautifully designed sauna area Negative: excessive drink prices (0.5 liter beer cost 4,50 Euro, 0,4 liter beer 4,00 Euro) Menu choice is in the hotel, if you are a meat/fish dish or a vegetarian dish would like. So only 2 main courses per day to choose from. The hotel has but a private farm, still must for fondue 10 Euro per person be paid in addition. The meat was often very tough. The hotel is absolutely winding. Despite elevator must the luggages about 80% the room the stairs high and/or down be ... dragged. Fee for bathrobe 8 €. At the front desk usually only the inexperienced apprentice. For this price there are better hotels in the area. Once and never again
Information about Hotel Zapfenhof
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis hotel is situated in Zellbergeben in the Ziller Valley. The centre of Zell am Ziller and shopping options are around 800 m away while the railway station in Jenbach is 25 km from the hotel. The Hintertux Glacier ski area can be reached in a 30-minute drive and Zillertal Arena ski area is just 1.5 km away. The hotel is located 65 km from Innsbruck Airport.
- This traditional ski hotel comprises total of 70 rooms. This air-conditioned hotel is furnished in an elegant Alpine style. Guests are welcomed in the lobby, which offers a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service, as well as a hotel safe, currency exchange facilities, a cloakroom and lift access to upper floors. Younger guests will appreciate the children’s playground and kids’ club. Guests can enjoy a drink at the café and bar and dine in the restaurant. Further amenities include wireless Internet access (fees apply), room and laundry services and a garage for those arriving by car.
- All rooms are en suite with a shower, a bath and a hairdryer. They are also equipped with a direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV and Internet access, as well as individually regulated air conditioning and heating. Furthermore, guests can expect to find a balcony as standard.
- Guests can enjoy a refreshing dip in the indoor swimming pool, while the garden features a large natural swimming pond for guests to enjoy. There is also a solarium. Fitness enthusiasts can head to the gym for a good workout, while all guests can relax in the hot tub or sauna and pamper themselves with a massage treatment. A Kneipp treatment pool also features. Leisure options available on site include table tennis and biking. Moreover, the hotel provides an entertainment programme for both children and adults.
- In the restaurant, guests can enjoy traditional Tyrolean specialities. The hotel serves breakfast, while the lunchtime and evening meals can be enjoyed à la carte or as a set menu.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- Pets allowed
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See