Hotel Son Baulo(3 stars)Ronda del Torrente, 1 07458 Can Picafort View on map
At a glance
- And good food (1) "And good food" found in 1 review
- " Clean, pleasant, homely environment and good food "June 2012
- kept very clean an (1) " kept very clean an" found in 1 review
- " ... be at least an hour long) Guests in the hotel are a mixed of nationalities, most english, but we also met some Spanish and italians. The hotel is spotless, Reception, Bar,Toilets etc were all kept very clean an d tidy. The Swimming Pool and Terraces areas were also tidy and clean. The beach itself is ... "June 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (1) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 1 review
- " ... be at least an hour long) Guests in the hotel are a mixed of nationalities, most english, but we also met some Spanish and italians. The hotel is spotless, Reception, Bar,Toilets etc were all kept very clean and tidy. The Swimming Pool and Terraces areas were also tidy and clean. The beach itself is ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Hotel in general (1)
Ok, but dream hotel is something else.
- Nicht empfohlen
- September 2013
Who a crowded beach, old fashioned rooms and entertainment until late in the night looking for, here would be definitely right! The rooms were clean, but since the 80's, not more renovated and the mattress was so hard, that you are on the 2. day not move. The beach is in the immediate vicinity and also really nice, but really many people for a relatively small beach. My conclusion: i think there are the price better hotels on Majorca!
Hotel in Majorca
- September 2013
Excellent hotel with perfect balance between quiet times and busier places to go. Very nice location on the beach and right by the nature reserve. Lovely and decent sized bedrooms & views, our room faced the pool and beach, like fact it had Wi Fi, only lacking tea/coffee facilities. Excellent food. Staff polite and courteous. Entertainment lady at hotel really good & keeps us entertained. We had problems with our excursions but our rep was fantastic and sorted it out. Brilliant kids club reps. Been several times before and hotel improving all the time. Not sure on new coach transfer ... system, does not match Thomson quality service in other areas, need reps on coaches like before.
- July 2013
The whole stay was fabulous. Everything about the hotel, from the service, food,the stunning views, I could go on and on.What makes this hotel stand out from the rest is the exceptional staff who are second to none, the absolute best I have experienced from anywhere I have ever stayed. This is a lovely hotel. It's really clean and the staff really care. The food was good - lots of fresh salads every day, puddings, hot food choices, fresh breads every day, soups, ice creams all well presented in a beautifully clean dining room. We went on a ... half board Thompson holiday. The pool was clean and the whole outside area was cleaned and tidied every evening and morning. The pool bar had a small selection of snacks such as burgers, toasties and chips and there is also salads. All the drinks and cocktails you could think of too.The in-house entertainers were all lovely and not at all pushy. The girl who tended to organise things for the children Suzanne was gentle and encouraging rather than "in your face" pushy which meant my children didn't feel harassed or pressured into any of the activities. As a consequence, they were more likely to take part. Our room was a family room, large bathroom (decent shower!), a double bed & two single beds. It was spotless and the beds were comfortable. The aircon was on between 1.00pm and 4.00am and was most welcome. We also had a balcony which included a drying line for wet swimwear. Evening entertainment was mini disco, bingo, quiz, a race night, Flamenco dancing night, Blues Brothers, Comedian George Pena, Afriva night and the Sundaes. It was all gentle and there was no pressure involved - you felt like you could be as involved or disengaged as you felt like, if you know what I mean? Can Picafort is quiet but it does sport some good eateries if you fancy a change of scene from the hotel. There is also a pharmacy, doctors, ATM machine, supermarkets, gift shops etc.
- July 2013
As with all things, location, location, location. I booked a week here in May 2013 and I half regretted it after looking at some reviews, but I was not disappointed - it was actually pretty good by any standards, and we fell in love with the property. We had a very friendly welcome at reception and we were delighted as we received a free upgrade. The reception desk were helpful and friendly despite being overwhelmed sometimes. This was a stressful trip for me and they made it as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. Every request was immediately attended to. All ... staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were very clean, bar and swimming and terraces were top. The pool area was cleaned tidied every night. We enjoyed a very good atmosphere in the hotel, I really can't fault it in any way
Amazing wedding and vacation
- May 2013
I had my wedding here and had about 50 of my closest friends and family come and lots of them stayed in the hotel. This was the 3rd time to the hotel From our first visit we knew that the Hotel was the perfect one for our wedding, and we certainly wasn't disappointed in any way Just wanted to send a message in to simply say Thank You. There are no words to express how wonderful our day was, and it was all down to the care and attention to detail of the staff of the hotel. The Terrace looked ... absolutely stunning everything was exactly as I had wanted it to be and everyone commented on how classy it all looked. It all came together so beautifully and we still talk about it all on a regular basis. Everybody was so well looked after, our guests are still raving about the day! From the moment we arrived until the time we went everything was perfect. When I checked in I was pleased to see the hotel has updated (brightened up) the hallway which was previously very dark. I found the hotel to be very clean and tidy and very happy with the spacious Suite. We had plenty of hot water every day plus very effective air-conditioning from 12 noon until 5 am. The room was always inmaculate, the bed was always nicely made and were comfortable. The whole place was spotless. The hotel location is excellent, the sun terrace leading right down onto the sandy beach, and at the southern end of a superb wide promenade which leads for a couple of kilometers past the marina into C'an Picafort resort itself. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful without exemption, particularly the reception staff (check-in took 2 minutes) and waiters, no job was too much trouble as long as the guests were happy!! The evening entertainment was the best I have seen in a hotel, Suzanne, the entertainment manager, is fantastic at her job & keeps everything upbeat with the kids disco & bingo every night. Great acts too - George Pena was a definite highlight, along with Karibu The pool bar service is great & there are plenty of sun beds around. Food was good, fresh and plentiful with a wide choice each day, there was literally something for everyone and I am the pickiest eater on the planet. For early departures, there is a continental breakfast available from 4 am. Bar prices are on a par with most hotels. We tended to favour a nice little bar Puput, literally just across the road- Excellent value! There are a few other bars and supermarkets close by as well as a bus-stop about 50 meters away from where you can access the whole island, and a mini-train which circles the resort. There's also a nice reservation near by where you can see a lot of wildlife. Three months on and I still can't stop talking about our wedding day we. The Staff of Son Baulo love their jobs and you can see it in how much they want all guests and the Bride and Groom to enjoy themselves. Once again massive thanks and I will be recommending you to everyone.
Information about Hotel Son Baulo
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis beachside hotel lies in the northeast of the island, between a nature protection area and within paces of an idyllic beach, which is lined with pine tree forests. The resort centre is just 2 km away and there are excellent links to the transport network, with the nearest bus stop to be found a mere 100 m away. A diverse selection of restaurants, nightclubs and bars are to be found within 300 m of the hotel and the nearest train station is 7 km away. Palma de Mallorca airport is approximately 55 km from the hotel.
- This fully air-conditioned 4-storey hotel was renovated in 2005 and comprises a total of 251 rooms of which 2 are suites. Facilities include a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a currency exchange facility, a cloakroom and a lift in addition to a café, a bar, a hairdresser's salon, a games room, 2 TV rooms as well as one for children, a dining room and an air-conditioned restaurant. It is possible to gain access to the Internet as well as to take advantage of the room and laundry services, laundry facilities and medical assistance (fees apply). Bicycle storage facilities are also available, as are 2 playgrounds and a soft play area for younger guests.
- Each of the spacious, air-conditioned rooms comes with a balcony, a fully equipped bathroom, a direct dial telephone and centrally controlled air conditioning and heating. On request, fridges and hire safes may be made available to guests. Most of the rooms afford fantastic views out over the sea and each contains either a double bed or two separate beds. On request, cots for infants are available. Adjoining rooms may be booked on request, as can non-smoking rooms. Each of the suites features a lounge, 2 bathrooms, 3 balconies, a TV, a fridge and a hairdryer as standard.
- There are 2 swimming pools as well as 2 separate children's paddling pools to be found in the outdoor complex. Sun loungers and parasols have been laid out ready for use on the sun terrace and it is possible to kick back and relax in the solarium. Further leisure options include golf (15 km away), road/ mountain biking, go-karting, diving, billiards, beach volleyball, table tennis and a regular entertainment programme.
- Guests may select their breakfast from an ample buffet; special dietary requirements and individual-specific dishes can be provided.
- American Express, MasterCard and VISA are all accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Double bed
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Spa centre
- Tanning booth
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See