Hotel review overview
Hotel with roof terrace and stunning views
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- May 2013
Very nice, centrally located hotel with a large roof terrace; with a great view of the bosphorus and the Blue Mosque. In bad weather, meals and the nice view also inside be enjoyed. Room always with a view of the sea select, it is worthwhile. Pleasant atmosphere, friendly staff, spacious lobby.
Good hotel in ottoman atmosphere
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- January 2013
Hotel in sultanhammed and close to everywhere in the wall location. St Sofia and blue mosque, top kapi palace it is 10 minutes on foot. The hotel is with the taxi in a scarce half hour vim ataturk airport. (currently 40 tl) you can also take the metro and tram until stop sultanhammed and close to everywhere drive, the costs but for 3 people already 6 chips = 18 tl (for the train you need tokens, at every stop for 3 tl) however, we must also on foot about cobbled streets to the hotel. The hotel works clean and tidy ... and has an ottoman atmosphere. The rooms are on 3 floors in a l shape arranged. The breakfast room is at the top, there is an open terrace and a conservatory, where in the cold restaurant the breakfast served. ( one sees these terraces with the bombaatischen views of marmara sea and the hagia Sofia or blue mosque also in the neighbouring hotels) the main language in the hotel, like in the town, after turkish russian. A few french, a few german. At the front desk is also speak german. The staff is friendly but superficial. The wifi is free, the performance in the room at the end the corridor the 1st floor in room 148 good.
Again and again!
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- August 2012
After our beach vacation there 4 days in Istanbul spend. Everything was great! The food in buffet form on the roof terrace has left nothing to the imagination. It was sweet, as well as hearty therewithin, the view during the meals was as well wonderful! From the hotel we could perfect on foot or with the tram the most interesting sights get, for example: blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, cistern, big bazaar Istanbul (kapali sarse ), bosphorus tour... And much more. If we go back to Istanbul travel, is the armada our 1. address!
Information about Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
< 50 km
- What the hotel offersHotel Armada The Hotel Armada is a four star hotel located in Istanbul. This hotel, mainly favoured by business travellers and people who want to sightsee, is a smoke free hotel. Smoke free, the Hotel Armada is home to 108 rooms. The Internet access in the hotel is available via Wi-Fi in all public areas. There is a restaurant in the hotel. The hotel features a business centre and meeting rooms. Guests can take advantage of a number of services such as tour assistance or shuttle service.
- LocationThe location of the hotel means that many points of interest such as Mosaic Museum or Blue Mosque are within the walking distance from the hotel. In the neighbourhood of the hotel there are also such tourist attractions as Hagia Sophia, the Basilica Cistern and Hippodrome.
- AccommodationThe hotel features 108 rooms, each of them equipped with a mini bar, a coffee and tea maker and a desk. Additionally, rooms come with safes, telephones, flat screen TVs with satellite channels and windows that open. Each room has private bathroom with a bathtub, a shower, a shaving mirror, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries.
- Food and DrinkDining options in the hotel include a restaurant where guests are provided with all kind of meals. In the morning there is ample buffet breakfast. The hotel also features a bar and a cafe where guests can order a drink.
- LeisureThe location of the hotel gives to guests an opportunity to explore the city. Many landmarks and points of interest are located within the walking distance from the hotel. For guests who prefer to relax in a quiet ambiance in the hotel, there is a library.
- Other facilities and servicesThe hotel has in its offer shuttle service, including airport shuttle. Room service and tour assistance are available. Guests may request irons and ironing boards, as well as extra towels and wake-up calls. There is currency exchange in the hotel.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- What the hotel offersFor Anyone Seeking an Authentic Istanbul Lifestyle in Istanbul! With a spectacular view of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, the two colossal monuments of Byzantine and Ottoman architecture in the heart of the historic peninsula, Armada Hotel delights anyone searching for true Istanbul culture by resurrecting the lifestyle that makes Istanbul the great city that it is and adapting it to our time.
- LocationThe Armada is located in the center of Old Istanbul, both easily accessible and an easy starting point for other destinations.
- AccommodationArmada has 108 rooms decorated in the common style of Ottoman-Turkish civil architecture offering a subtle blend of the past and future complete with all of the conveniences of modern technology. "Edirnekari" hand -made engravings with colorful flower motifs on wooden furniture has been used in the rooms.
- Food and DrinkArmada Terrace where you can have a traditional turkish cuisine is the crown jewel of Istanbul’s summer nights with its unsurpassed location. One can gaze out on the spectacular skyline of Istanbul’s night lights from the Terrace, which boasts the Sea of Marmara, Kadıköy and the Islands on one side with the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque) on the other.
- Total number of rooms: < 200
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Number of conference and banquet facilities: 5
- Business centre
- Business Centre Use: free
- Cash machine on site
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Minibar: alcoholic
- Electronic room keys
- Inside access
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Sprinkler system
- Number of restaurants for non-guests: 1
- Vegetarian dishes
- A la carte
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Catering service
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Number of stars/domestic category: 4 Stars
- Check out no later than: 12:00
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- Business travellers
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See