Hotel review overview
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- December 2015
Had lovely stay at the Armada Hotel. Located very close to main attractions, however Old City is rather quiet and calm after dark so would not recommend it for party goers. It is a decent 3 stars hotel, with comfortable rooms (stayed in superior twin room) equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers and basic toiletries. The rooms were pleasant and clean. The downside was the bathroom that although being nice would fled after every shower. breakfast was great and offered a wide choice of food, from hot dishes to cheeses, hams to outstanding choice of dried fruit. We used the ... room service for dinner and the food was truly excellent. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
Absolutely Fantastic - Great Location & Staff
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- September 2014
An excellent hotel. Great location near all the main things to do in old Istanbul. Room was exceptionally comfortable, the restaurant was good, and the breakfast was unbelievably good. The staff were so helpful, from booking local restaurants, arranging taxi's etc. I would stay here again, and again, and again! A*** IN MY EYES!
Information about Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
< 1 km < 200 m < 50 km
- What the hotel offersHotel Armada The Hotel Armada is a four star hotel located in Istanbul. This hotel, mainly favoured by business travellers and people who want to sightsee, is a smoke free hotel. Smoke free, the Hotel Armada is home to 108 rooms. The Internet access in the hotel is available via Wi-Fi in all public areas. There is a restaurant in the hotel. The hotel features a business centre and meeting rooms. Guests can take advantage of a number of services such as tour assistance or shuttle service.
- LocationThe location of the hotel means that many points of interest such as Mosaic Museum or Blue Mosque are within the walking distance from the hotel. In the neighbourhood of the hotel there are also such tourist attractions as Hagia Sophia, the Basilica Cistern and Hippodrome.
- AccommodationThe hotel features 108 rooms, each of them equipped with a mini bar, a coffee and tea maker and a desk. Additionally, rooms come with safes, telephones, flat screen TVs with satellite channels and windows that open. Each room has private bathroom with a bathtub, a shower, a shaving mirror, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries.
- Food and DrinkDining options in the hotel include a restaurant where guests are provided with all kind of meals. In the morning there is ample buffet breakfast. The hotel also features a bar and a cafe where guests can order a drink.
- LeisureThe location of the hotel gives to guests an opportunity to explore the city. Many landmarks and points of interest are located within the walking distance from the hotel. For guests who prefer to relax in a quiet ambiance in the hotel, there is a library.
- Other facilities and servicesThe hotel has in its offer shuttle service, including airport shuttle. Room service and tour assistance are available. Guests may request irons and ironing boards, as well as extra towels and wake-up calls. There is currency exchange in the hotel.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- What the hotel offersFor Anyone Seeking an Authentic Istanbul Lifestyle in Istanbul! With a spectacular view of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, the two colossal monuments of Byzantine and Ottoman architecture in the heart of the historic peninsula, Armada Hotel delights anyone searching for true Istanbul culture by resurrecting the lifestyle that makes Istanbul the great city that it is and adapting it to our time.
- LocationThe Armada is located in the center of Old Istanbul, both easily accessible and an easy starting point for other destinations.
- AccommodationArmada has 108 rooms decorated in the common style of Ottoman-Turkish civil architecture offering a subtle blend of the past and future complete with all of the conveniences of modern technology. "Edirnekari" hand -made engravings with colorful flower motifs on wooden furniture has been used in the rooms.
- Food and DrinkArmada Terrace where you can have a traditional turkish cuisine is the crown jewel of Istanbul’s summer nights with its unsurpassed location. One can gaze out on the spectacular skyline of Istanbul’s night lights from the Terrace, which boasts the Sea of Marmara, Kadıköy and the Islands on one side with the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque) on the other.
- Total number of rooms: < 200
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Cash machine on site
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Fire alarm
- Number of restaurants for non-guests: 1
- Number of restaurant seats altogether: < 200
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Hotel bar
- Catering service
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Check out no later than: 12:00
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- Gay friendly
- Airport transfer
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See