Hotel Intercontinental Amman(5 stars)Jabal Amman 3rd Circle Islamia St. View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Good choice for city break
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- July 2013
Intercontinental Amman is very good choice for city break in Amman, is located between 3rd and 2nd circle. Taxi takes you to the downtown in 3 minutes (ca. 15 min. by walk). I had very nice room, a club lounge is also good choice. Will stay there again for my next time in Amman!
Hotel not anymore
- Hotel not recommended
- Proof of booking
- City break
- August 2012
Hotel guests are not geschaezt, guests for restaurants and spa from the outside already.
Could be better for Intercontinental standards
- Recommended hotel
- Countryside & spa
- November 2011
The hotel had two parts: the modern/refurbished one and the old one. Depending where you'll be staying the quality differs. I was initially accommodated in the old part and had to complain in order to be transferred to the new one and even this with payment of supplement. The luggage was to be transferred by the hotel staff but it took them ages to arrange it. No free wi-fi available. Breakfast ok. Bars expensive. The location is close to some local restaurants on the other side of the street which offer good quality food. Overall could be better assuming that ... you pay for a 5 star service.
Information about Hotel Intercontinental Amman
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel is located in a fascinating city of contrasts, showcasing a unique blend of old and new atop one of Amman's 7 hills. The hotel is in the heart of the diplomatic area of Amman, within walking distance of the old city centre and a short taxi ride from popular sites such as the Citadel. It is an hour's drive to Jerash, 3 hours to Petra and 4 hours by car to Aqaba. Queen Alia International Airport is a 30-minute drive away.
- The hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description and it enjoys a prime location at the heart of the business and diplomatic area of Amman. The 440 newly-renovated rooms and suites are equipped with an array of modern amenities and the latest technology. Facilities on offer to guests at this air-conditioned establishment include a lobby area with a 24-hour reception and check-out service, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a cloakroom and lift access. There is a newspaper stand, a hairdressing salon and a TV lounge. Refreshment is available at the bar, pub and restaurant and guests have conference facilities and Internet access at their disposal. They can also take advantage of the room and laundry services and there is parking available for those arriving by car. There is also a beauty salon, a florist and a gift shop at guests' disposal.
- All rooms have big, double-glazed windows and come with a private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer. They offer a king-size or double bed and are equipped with satellite/cable TV, high-speed Internet access, a work desk, a safe, a minibar/fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Furthermore, an ironing set, air conditioning and heating are provided in all accommodation as standard. Guests can book rooms with wheelchair access, smoking or non-smoking rooms.
- The hotel's spa features a 24-hour gym for in-house guests, equipped with the latest state-of-the-art fitness facilities, cardiovascular and weight training machines. It is infused with Jordan's local culture and natural resources. Mineral-rich salts and mud from the Dead Sea believed to enhance health and beauty have been incorporated into luxurious body and facial treatments and massages. Other spa pleasures include the sauna, the steam room, the hot tub and an indoor heated pool. Only guests above the age of 18 years are allowed to enter the spa, the indoor and outdoor pools and live entertainment area.
- All kind of credit cards, such as American Express, MasterCard and VISA are accepted.
- Guests should kindly note that the reception desk is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, thus, they can check-in or out and collect their room key at any time.
- When leaving the airport, take the airport motorway all the way to the 7th circle, then turn right and drive straight until the 2nd circle, on the way from the 3rd circle to the 2nd circle the hotel is located on the left-hand side of the main street.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Hotel safe
- Writing bureau
- CD Player
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Fire alarm
A choice of sports
Other hotel information
- Information desk
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See