At a glance
- Very nice city hotel (1) "Very nice city hotel" found in 1 review
- " Very nice city hotel , directly at the AAR & view to the green. We had a rather small rooms, but for US this was not ... "June 2012
- Rather small rooms (1) "Rather small rooms" found in 1 review
- " Very nice city hotel, directly at the AAR & view to the green. We had a rather small rooms , but for US this was not a problem. Were only for sleeping therein. Breakfast buffet oK-but ... "June 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in general
Directly at the Aare river,!
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- May 2012
Very nice city hotel, directly at the AAR & view to the green. We had a rather small rooms, but for US this was not a problem. Were only for sleeping therein. Breakfast buffet oK-but unfortunately the staff with refills so attentive!
Information about Hotel Freienhof
Hotel description *
- LocationThis hotel enjoys a central location away from the hustle and bustle of traffic. It is set on a small peninsula where only the gentle flowing of the River Aare can be heard, just a short distance from Thun's picturesque Old Town and the town centre. Thun is known as the gateway to the Bernese Oberland, and is easily reached by public transport. With rail connections from all corners of Switzerland, the hotel is 5-10 minutes on foot from the railway station, whilst Thun is only 20 minutes from Bern by car.
- This city hotel is ideal for business travellers and holidaymakers alike and comprises a total of 68 hotel rooms with a total of 100 beds. Guests will find rest and relaxation in the well-equipped modern rooms and enjoy the innovative cuisine of the hotel's restaurant, including international cuisine and Swiss specialities (they are particularly proud of the seafood dishes) in the Restaurant Freienhof, an elegant setting where great emphasis is put on attentive staff and true Swiss hospitality. Further facilities on offer to guests include a hotel safe, a lift, a bar and WLAN/Internet access. Guests may also take advantage of the room service and the establishment has 700 m² of seminar rooms over 3 floors, which come equipped with modern and up-to-date infrastructure. The garage offers space for up to 60 cars.
- The rooms have been fully renovated and are modern and comfortably furnished. All come with a private bathroom with a bathtub or shower and a hairdryer as well as a direct dial telephone, a colour TV and a radio. They are also equipped with a safe, tea and coffee making facilities and Internet access.
- A child discount is available only when the child is sharing a room with 2 paying adults and using existing beds. Extra charges may apply if an extra bed for a child is requested.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Freienhofgasse 3 3600 Thun
- What the hotel offersThe historic, yet modern 4**** hotel is situated in an idyllic spot by the River Aare on the edge of the old town of Thun. 66 modern rooms, 700m2 of professionally equipped seminar facilities and a creative kitchen offering speciality foods are brought to the guests in a refreshing manner by a young team. Although the hotel is situated in the centre of town, peace and quiet are guaranteed since the rooms are on a little peninsular where all the guests can hear are the gentle sounds of the River Aare. From the hotel it is only a few steps to the picturesque old town of Thun or the lively town centre. Whether on business or on holiday, the guests will feel at home.
- LocationRight in the centre of things - the Freienhof, the island hotel. Not only is Thun the gateway to the Bernese Oberland, it is also very easy to reach by public transport. There are rail connections from all over Switzerland and the Hotel Freienhof is only 5-10 minutes on foot from the railway station. By car, Thun is only 20 minutes from Berne and the guests can leave their car in the underground car park.
- AccommodationAll of the 66 rooms are equipped as follows: Bath or shower and WC TV/radio, direct-dial telephone Room safe, hair dryer, tea and coffee maker, hotspot - Swisscom public wireless LAN
- Food and DrinkFreienhof restaurants - generous hospitality in the town centre of Thun. It offers international and local cuisine in the restaurants. A cultivated ambience, personal attention and a typical Swiss friendly welcome are all paramount to the Hotel Freienhof. Banquets and catering – yet another challenge but one of the specialities. From a family party to a business meal - there's room for everything in the house or at the guests place! High quality products from the kitchen and cellar. The kitchen brigade, lead by Patrice Hamann, will cater for the physical well-being with dishes made with ingredients fresh from the market.
- LeisureOwn bicycles for free; Events, for example Dinner Krimi several times or the "Fischerstechen" every summer in August; own garden Fitness TUS directly at Thun train station; Possibility for Wellness in Merligen in the Hotel Beatus.
- Other facilities and servicesReception manned 24 hours; own parking garage; Free internet access in the hotel lobby and in the seminar rooms.
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Number of lifts: 1
- Central heating
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Vegetarian dishes
- A la carte
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See