We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Good location, good food, no luxury.
- March 2013
A an ageing hotel the three stars category but completely okay. Front desk and staff very friendly and helpful, the room was relatively large but most 1 single bed and a double bed had. Bath very big and clean, quite basic. Rooms were cleaned each day. Breakfast buffet is well arranged but very good, it wasn't missing anything, also the local beans and leberpuddings could one eat (if you want ☺ ). Hotel is very central convenient, bus and train were not far away. Prices are generally in Dublin a bit high, which the beverages (gueness 5-, whiskey 5-) also ... concerns the smoke, you should discontinue or a stock to take home. (10.-/box). Food in the restaurants quite expensive (starting from 15-up) but there are enough small snacks in all of the corners. (fish & chip about 5-). In summary a good hotel in the three stars department not however nothing more less.
Very friendly staff
- Nachweis erbracht
- October 2012
Really recommendable for a short break. Especially the pub around the corner ('the Wellington') is worth a visit. Also the breakfast is really enjoyable. In addition to that, WiFi is free of charge. Perfect.
Well located, in the tooth hotel
- September 2012
As part of our Southern Ireland trip 'Irish Highlights' by DERTOUR we were staying at the beginning and end of the trip in this hotel. The hotel is already somewhat older, but so far clean and tidy. Only in the gastronomy area, you must be careful, as glasses and tableware could be sticky sometimes or show rests from the previous users. Breakfast is continental or typical Irish/English plentiful at the buffet. In less than 30 minutes you are in the pedestrian area and the pub district Temple Bar behind it. The rooms to the inner courtyard are at night somewhat ... louder, since there are constantly activities and fans running. As part of our Southern Ireland trip 'Irish Highlights' by DERTOUR we were staying at the beginning and end of the trip in this hotel.
Warm welcome in Dublin
- September 2012
The mespil hotel has approximately 250 rooms. It served us as a starting point for a city tour. Our stay took 1 week. The entrance area, the staircase, elevator and hallways are clean and tidy. Vending machines ( drinks, ice etc.) on the ground floor and 2nd floor. We had a room to the lateral road, it was quiet. The audience was mixed, more often groups, but also locals. From the ages were all age groups represented. At the front desk sometimes a German speaking/ German staff, apart from that is the language of course speaks English.
- May 2012
Nice hotel! Situated on a small river! Centrally located, with about 30 minutes walk to the pedestrian zone! Pubs are in the immediate vicinity! Breakfast buffet is varied and tasty! The dinner is good, but not always completely fresh (after my fancy)! The staff are very friendly!
Information about Hotel The Mespil
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
- What the hotel offersHotel The Mespil Situated a 5 minutes' walk away from St Stephens Green in the center of Dublin, the Mespil Hotel is a 3-star hotel that is favored by families, young couples and friends. Featuring bright decor and 255 spacious guestrooms, the Mespil Hotel in Dublin provides guests with a bistro that is open for breakfast and evening meals, a lunch time carvery, a bar lounge and central accommodation, close to many of Dublin's tourist hotspots. Free internet access is available in all public areas and guestrooms of the hotel via Wi-Fi connection.
- LocationThe Mespil Hotel is located along Dublin's river walk in the center of the city. Both Grafton Street and the Aviva Stadium can be reached on foot in less than ten minutes, as can cultural landmarks such as National Print Museum, National Gallery of Ireland at Merrion Square the and National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology and History. Bus and metro services operate in the area, connecting guests to other areas of the city.
- AccommodationThe spacious rooms of the Mespil feature a contemporary and bright decor, with some offering panoramic city views. Room amenities include TVs, writing desks and bathrooms with showers and hairdryers. Smoking is prohibited inside the hotel.
- Food and DrinkA traditional cooked Irish and continental breakfast are served in the Mespil Hotel's bistro every morning. The bistro is also open in the evenings and serves a selection of international dishes a la carte. The hotel's terrace bar offers guests fresh morning coffee and juices, while a carvery lunch is available during the afternoons. Both the bistro and bar feature leather furnishings and bright decor.
- LeisureThe Mespil Hotel's central location places guests in the heart of Dublin city center. Grafton Street, the city's main shopping high-street, is a ten minute walk from the hotel, as is the Aviva sport Stadium. The city's lively Temple Bar area, home of many traditional Irish bars and live music venues, can also be reached on foot. Museum lovers will find the National Print Museum, National Gallery of Ireland at Merrion Square, and National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology and History all close to the hotel.
- Other facilities and servicesThe hotel's reception desk is open 24 hours a day, while the staff provide a range of services such as luggage storage, babysitting, dry cleaning and currency exchange.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Free parking
- Computer connection
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Information desk
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
- Dry cleaning
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See