Hotel Thistle City Barbican(3 stars)120 Central Street, Clerkenwell View on map
At a glance
- A great hotel (4) "A great hotel" found in 4 reviews
- " A great hotel to a low price. My tip: you travel third then you should definitely book a double room with an ... "June 2011
- " Recommendable hotel for short trip. "July 2012
- " Really recommendable hotel for a city trip . Good subway connection station Old Street. At the front desk also German spoken. Luggage ... "July 2012
- " ... on the departure day with the concierge possible without a problem. Breakfast very good, with service from warm drinks at the table, apart from that buffet. Choice completely sufficient. Room clean and tidy with daily cleaning. Hair dryer, Ironing board/Iron, kettle, tea, coffee in the room available. "July 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (4) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 4 reviews
- " A great hotel to a low price. My tip: you travel third then you should definitely book a double room with an ... " read hotel reviewJune 2011
- " Recommendable hotel for short trip. " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " Really recommendable hotel for a city trip. Good subway connection station Old Street. At the front desk also German spoken. Luggage ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " ... on the departure day with the concierge possible without a problem. Breakfast very good, with service from warm drinks at the table, apart from that buffet. Choice completely sufficient. Room clean and tidy with daily cleaning. Hair dryer, Ironing board/Iron, kettle, tea, coffee in the room available. " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Hotel in general (4)
Nice hotel with good breakfast
- August 2013
The hotel is relatively big but well organized. The rooms have a good size and clean. The bathroom was a little outdated. Wireless internet is available for everyone freely available. The breakfast is very varied and it tasted perfectly.
Good hotel for city trip
- Nachweis erbracht
- August 2013
For a short break in London a good hotel. A small supermarket is just around the corner and a McDonald's is not far. In about 20 minutes walking distance you can reach the underground Old Street, where you in about minutes in the center.
Top location, hotel ok!
- Nachweis erbracht
- May 2013
The hotel is near the Old Street and in the zone 1 from London. The hotel consists of two buildings. A part of the building is one of the nicer and newer construction. The 2. part is unfortunately already older and worn. We were in 2. part. Had a double room and breakfast. The first impression the hotel is clean and tidy. The guest structure consisted of british, german and other european nations.
Now if sun and 15 degrees would have been
- March 2013
The only downer was the really inhospitable weather, sleet and 0 degrees, everything else was perfect: We had a double room with additional bed and were given a suite, with a separate room for our 15-year-old daughter. Perfect! We arrived at about 11 a. m. and had not expected, already the room relate to may, but it was ready and we could check in. Perfect! All days were immediately, if we for breakfast were, the room tidy and all towels were changed. The front desk was open 24 hours and all were very nice, friendly and helpful. A smaller lack ... (a sink in the bathroom didn't drain ) was taken care of immediately. The breakfast was hearty and very good, there was not only typical english breakfast, but also continental breakfast (croissants, jam, sausage, cheese, salmon, fresh fruit salad, cereal, etc.). Who found there nothing, it was your own fault. 3 underground stations near the selection, the mobility processed. For the departure day was a taxi to 4.45 ordered, it was already around 4.40 and therefore we could unhurriedly to Liverpool station and the train get.
Outside hui, inside ok!
- January 2013
For a city break completely reasonable. But if you are more in the hotel to stop would like myself, could be disappointed. Breakfast is varied and good. Sauna and pool were already quite old and the hygiene was also not the best. Hotelflyer will be adapters and bathrobes free of charge, on demand it will however not more awarded, as the guests it 'steal'. Staff are friendly. General makes the building a good impression.
Information about Hotel Thistle City Barbican
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis attractive city hotel is located close to the town centre. The internationally well-known Barbican Centre is located in the hotel's vicinity and the hotel offers convenient links to the underground network in London as well as easy access to the sightseeing attractions and various shopping streets. St. Paul's Cathedral lies just 800 metres away and public transport is to be found in the surrounding area (approximately 1.5 km away). Plenty of shops, countless restaurants, bars and nightclubs await guests in the city centre.
- Built in 1968 and renovated in 2000, this hotel comprises a 6-storey main building and a 5-storey neighbouring building. Placed on the edge of London's historical square mile, this London hotel is perfectly located for the City and the world renowned Barbican Centre. The hotel has 463 bedrooms including executive and superior rooms. BT Openzone wireless Internet access is available in every area of the hotel. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and a coffee shop offering a wide selection of drinks, light refreshments and dining options. There are 12 car parking spaces which are available at an additional charge.
- The modern rooms include an en suite bathroom, a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV, Internet access, a fridge, central heating and a hire safe.
- The hotel has the Otium health and leisure club, with its own indoor swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, steam room, spa pool, work-out facilities, and beauty treatments as well. It is recommended to make an appointment in advance for the treatments on offer. In addition, there is a gym for sports' enthusiasts.
- Breakfast is available to guests each morning. Guests may choose their breakfast, lunch or evening meals from individual buffets. At midday and in the evenings, guests may also select dishes from the set menu, or take the à la carte option. In addition, the hotel caters for guests with special dietary requirements.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA cards are all accepted as methods of payment.
- Please note that the check-in time is now 4 pm and check-out time is 11 am for all our hotels. Guests arriving prior to 4 pm will have the opportunity to leave their belongings with the hotel's concierge should they choose to.
- If driving from King's Cross east along Pentonville Road, turn right into Goswell Road. At the 1st set of traffic lights, turn left into Lever St. The hotel is situated on the crossroads of Lever and Central St.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Cash machine on site
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Valet parking
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
- Beauty treatments
- Tanning booth
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See