At a glance
- The staff are very friendly (1) "The staff are very friendly" found in 1 review
- " ... It is a small luxury hotel in the English style. It is not really central, but in the diplomatic district of Rome at the Borghese garden. I have about 30 minutes in the city center required. The staff are very friendly , on the second day I have felt myself, as if I have 2 weeks there am. One is addressed by name ... "February 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... It is a small luxury hotel in the English style. It is not really central, but in the diplomatic district of Rome at the Borghese garden. I have about 30 minutes in the city center required. The staff are very friendly, on the second day I have felt myself, as if I have 2 weeks there am. One is addressed by name ... " read hotel reviewFebruary 2012
- Service Friendliness (1)
beautiful small luxury hotel in Rome
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- December 2011
The hotel has no pool and no wellness area. It is a small luxury hotel in the English style. It is not really central, but in the diplomatic district of Rome at the Borghese garden. I have about 30 minutes in the city center required. The staff are very friendly, on the second day I have felt myself, as if I have 2 weeks there am. One is addressed by name and is a very friendly met. It's a little bit secluded from Hustle and bustle but by taxi easy access to the city. In the area there are some ... typical Roman restaurants without tourists. The concierge gave me many nice helpful tips given, the restaurant recommendation was perfect.
Information about Hotel Lord Byron
Hotel description *
- LocationThis charming city hotel used to be an ancient patricians residence, where for many years celebrities and diplomats have been known to spend the night. Today, the hotel is in a small green paradise, in an exclusive area of Rome. It is only steps away from the Villa Borghese. The hotel offers guests all the fascination and the magic of a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- The city hotel was built in 1939 and consists of 6 floors with a total of 32 rooms, of which 3 are singles, 20 are doubles and 9 are suites. The hotel's facilities include a pleasant lobby with a 24-hour reception, a safe, a lobby bar, a currency exchange desk, a cloakroom, lifts and a car park. Dining options include an excellent, air-conditioned à la carte restaurant with a non-smoking area. Further facilities include a public Internet terminal and room and laundry services.
- The comfortably furnished rooms all have en suite bathroom facilities with a hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV, a radio and Internet access. Moreover they have a minibar, a fridge, a safe and central heating as standard.
- The menu at Sapori del Lord Byron features a creative variety of regional dishes and choice of the best Italian wines. The cellar is stocked with a wide assortment of wines ranging from those produced in some of the most famous Italian and foreign wine regions as well as those of small local wine producers, thereby making the most of the Sapori del Lord Byron restaurant and its esteemed cuisine. The restaurant was the winner of the Award of Excellence granted by Wine Spectator magazine in 2006. The restaurant's extremely talented chef demonstrates a remarkable comprehension and respect for Italian tradition, captivating the authentic vibrancy of such fare. Sapori del Lord Byron provides the ultimate setting, whatever the occasion, for a memorable dining experience.
- The hotel accepts American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA.
- Take the A 1 towards city centre of Rome, exiting at Via Salaria. Proceed along Via Salaria until you reach Viale Liegi, and turn right. Follow the tram tracks to Piazza Ungheria, then turn left at the traffic light onto Viale Rossini. Continue to follow the tram tracks and turn right at the end of the street. Just after the Residence Aldrovandi, turn right at the traffic lights onto Via Mangili and proceed along this street until you reach Piazza Don Minzoni. About three-quarters of the way around the square you will see Via Giuseppe De Notaris. Take Via Giuseppe De Notaris and go up the hill where you will see the hotel on the left.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Via G. De Notaris, 5 00197 Rome
- What the hotel offersCarefully tucked away in an exclusive quarter of Rome, just a few steps from Villa Borghese park, the National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Borghese Gallery, the “Dolce Vita” of Via Veneto and a stroll in the park away from Piazza di Spagna, distinguished travellers reside at the exquisite Hotel Lord Byron. This prime location allows Guests the best of both worlds: the vicinity to the bustling Eternal City’s main attractions and the opportunity to relax in a most placid private atmosphere.
- LocationThe Lord Byron is 35 kilometers from Rome’s Fiumicino Leonardo Da Vinci Airport, relatively close to the Termini Train Station and in near vicinity to the Borghese Gardens and Via Veneto. Those great Rome attractions, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain are within 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel.
- AccommodationDecorated in the Thirties art-déco style guestrooms and suites radiate warmth and intimacy. Rooms on the upper floors are marked by extreme attention to detail, vintage marble baths and views over stately villas and pristine park. Each and every room unique, many contain sweaping mirrors, sumptuous beds, spacious baths and closet/dressing area. All rooms and suites are equipped with: * WI-FI Internet access * Direct dialling telephone * Satellite colour television * Individual climate control * Minibar * Electronic safe * Working desk * Walk-in closet * Carrara marble bathroom * Towel heater * Hair dryer * Luxury toiletries, bathrobes and slippers
- Food and DrinkThe "Sapori del Lord Byron" restaurant's menu features a creative variety of regional dishes and choice of the best Italian wines. The Cellar is stocked with a wide assortment of wines ranging from those produced in some of the most famous Italian and foreign wine regions as well as those of small local wine producers, thereby making the most of the "SAPORI del Lord Byron" restaurant and its esteemed cuisine. Winner of the "Award of Excellence" granted by Wine Spectator magazine in 2008. Open from Monday to Saturday at lunch from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. and at dinner from 8:00 p.m.to 10:30 p.m.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See