Hotel review overview
The most helpful positive review
Excellent location, peacefully located with fantastic view of the sea, center with many restaurants in at best 10 minutes walk away, by all means recommendable for all the definitely not ' action'wie ' animation need! … read hotel review
The most helpful negative review
Very modern and good equipped hotel in a great location! A year ago newly renovated. Unfortunately very neglected! Particularly the bathroom I would as unhygienic call! Real relaxation goes there unfortunately not! A great shame! … read hotel review
Information about Hotel Luna Alvor Bay
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis hotel is located in a pleasant, quiet area of Alvor, right in front of one of the best beaches in Algarve, and near to the Ria de Alvor Nature Reserve with its unique green and tranquil surroundings. The hotel is just a few metres from the centre of Alvor, where guests will find all the characteristics of a typical Algarve village, featuring Arabian architecture and many local bars, restaurants, shops and nightlife spots along the Ria de Alvor. This hotel is 6 km from the city of Portimão, the second largest city in the Algarve. Portimão is also known for the lively Praia da Rocha with a wide, 1.5 km-long sandy beach broken only by sporadic rock formations, including mysterious caves which can be visited by boat. There is also a pedestrianised shopping area nearby. The bus station and other links to the public transport network are 500 metres from the hotel and Portimao Train Station is 6 km away. The Old Town in Lagos is 30 minutes by car, while Silves Old Town and the Monchique Mountains are around 24 km away. The hotel is approximately 67 km from Faro Airport.
- The establishment was renovated in 2011. The establishment comprises a total of 149 accommodation units. Guests of the establishment are welcomed in the lobby, which has a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service. Services and facilities at the hotel include a safe, a restaurant, a breakfast room, a café, a bar and multilingual staff. A garden is among the features contributing to a pleasant stay. Guests travelling in their own vehicles can make use of the available parking spaces. A shuttle service is offered. A bicycle hire service (for a fee) gives guests the opportunity to explore the surrounding area independently.
- All accommodation units feature air conditioning, central heating and a bathroom. A balcony or terrace can be found in most rooms. Many of the rooms also offer a sea view, adding to the ambience. A safe is also available. The kitchenettes of the accommodation units are appointed with a fridge, a microwave and tea and coffee making equipment. Other features include a telephone, a TV and a radio. In the bathrooms, guests will find a shower, a bath and a hairdryer.
- The swimming pool is ideal for a refreshing dip. A terrace, a sun terrace, sun loungers and parasols are available. There is also a poolside snack bar. Leisure options at the establishment include cycling/mountain biking and golf, or for a fee, horse riding.
- Various meals and board options are bookable. Guests can choose from breakfast, dinner, B & B and half board.
- The following credit cards are accepted in the establishment: American Express, VISA and MasterCard.
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Satellite TV
- Electronic room keys
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Outdoor pool
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See