We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Hotel alright, but the weak staff oh dear.
- Nicht empfohlen
- March 2013
Overall, the hotel is alright, but totally on french laid out, that staff in the restaurant and the front desk is unqualified, very slow, a catastrophe! German controlled only the entertainer? Would be to be expected, if german speaking guests holidays? Cleanliness of the pool is not always given, sometimes swam an oily residue floating on it, as if the pool pump filter running, rooms service is good, the hotel very well maintained- nice! Tv no german programs strange satellite area? The drinks prices are extremely overpriced! (in its own thing) if someone, at the beach a, very good german ... speaking hindu man named Helmuth, on the way is, the tours offered, it is can only be recommended, he makes it great!
Good value for money
- Nachweis erbracht
- February 2013
Good location, good value for money, very friendly but sometimes little competent staff. Breakfast and evening buffet were measured at the hotel was pretty good. Lunch voted neither price service.
Definitely not recommendable
- Nicht empfohlen
- June 2012
Buffet-days, probably Cubed, since very infrequent, are intolerable. The staff does not create the quick service, so the children, before the food on the table is, regularly fell asleep. The meals are but delicious. German language of the hotel staff definitely not use it.
Hotel porch: yes-grand baie: no
- March 2012
The veranda grand baie is a small hotel. Very nice, well-kept complex, with a lot of green and thriving plants. The two pools are clean, chairs by the pool were always available. However if several sun screens desirable. At the end of february, beginning march were many french families, some russian guests and a handful of german guests in the hotel accommodated. The evening entertainment was for the french guests made for.
Relaxing vacation for relaxing
- March 2012
In accordance with the positive reviews we have the hotel also found. We could super relax and from berufsalltag off. Only small downsides are the small beach and the costly internet ( about 1 euro/ h ). Apart from that really recommendable.
Information about Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationNestled in Creole-influenced architecture in the middle of an enchanting tropical garden, the hotel combines the pleasures of the seaside with those of Mauritian life, the heart of Grand Bay and the island's bustling seaside resort, which is a shopping and leisure paradise. The hotel is situated in the heart of the village of Grand Bay surrounded by restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shops. Port Louis is approximately 22 km away from the establishment.
- This hotel is set in the midst of a tropical garden where royal palms line the roads and where rustling leaves and birdsong punctuate the days. Corrugated roofs, celadon green shutters, Creole friezes and valences, the harmony of this typically Mauritian environment invites guests to relax in serene calm. Ideal for couples and families, the hotel has a main restaurant and an à la carte restaurant with local specialties, as well as a bar overlooking the bay, a conference room and a hairdresser. Completely renovated in 2010, the hotel is the perfect place to enjoy the beach and nightlife of the island. The hotel has direct access to the beach. In addition to a lobby area with 24-hour reception and check-out services, hotel safe and currency exchange desk, further facilities available to guests at this 94-room beach hotel include a games room, room and laundry services, and a car park. Younger guests are entertained at the kids’ club.
- Rooms are 36 m² in size and feature a garden, pool view, separate shower and WC. Further in-room amenities include a hairdryer, satellite/cable TV and a minibar, as well as tea and coffee making facilities and a king-size bed. Individually regulated air conditioning units and a safety deposit box come as standard and accommodation units are furnished with a balcony or terrace.
- The hotel provides a tennis court (charges apply) and the Seven Colours Wellness Spa with a hydrotherapy shower, sauna and steam room. Massage treatments are available to be enjoyed for a fee. Furthermore, there is a swimming pool in the hotel grounds with children’s section, poolside snack bar (fees apply), and sun loungers with parasols are laid out for use by the water’s edge. Aqua fit classes are available, and for a fee, guests can try their hand at banana boating and water skiing. Further water sports options include canoeing and pedal boating. Facilities for playing table tennis and volleyball are provided. Meanwhile, guests looking to stay in shape can enjoy a workout at the gym. Daily live entertainment brings a touch of enchantment to the tropical evenings. Shows can vary from theme dances (Sega, Indian and African) to live music or DJs.
- This hotel accepts American Express, MasterCard and VISA payments.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Family room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See