Hotel review overview
A warm welcome and a very pleasant stay
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- September 2014
We certainly were very happy with our stay. It is a 15-20 minute walk to the main sights of Florence, a bit closer to plenty of restaurants, a supermarket is nearby and there are buses to town too. The room was a good size and definitely clean. You are able to make drinks and sit in the lounge/breakfast when needed, which was great for our son who enjoyed playing with the games there. Breakfast was one of the best I have had in a guest house. Fresh fruit salad, eggs, toast and other cold buffet items along with plenty of ... coffee. It was the perfect start each morning. We will certainly return if we are in the area again.
Information about Il Palagetto Guest House
- What the hotel offersThe Palagetto Guest house was once used as a restoration laboratory for the recovery of important works of art, now exhibited in the Uffizi Gallery; the interiors still have the charm of the old Florentine houses of the past, and have been completely and carefully restored by Tiziana, the owner's wife, who is a landscape architect and interior designer. All rooms are individually decorated with some antiques; for your added comfort Il Palagetto is a non smoking guest house.
- LocationIt is located in the heart of Florence, in the area called “Oltrarno” (similar to the famous Trastevere in Rome or Rive Gauche in Paris), adjacent to the most typical districts of the city center, that of San Frediano. The remains of the ancient fortified walls that enclose the old city are only 300 m from the house. Despite the central location our Guest House is quiet and peaceful, away from the chaos of the traffic (and just outside the ZTL : overlooking a typical and ancient little road uphill of the old Florence, adjacent to the historical park of Villa Strozzi al Boschetto.
- AccommodationWe have 1 family room (for 4 people), 1 superior double room, 2 standard double rooms and 1 single standard rooms. Superior & family rooms have a private ensuite bathroom, standard rooms have a nice shared bathroom.
- Other facilities and servicesEvery morning Ruggero and Tiziana prepare for their Guests a fantastic full buffet breakfast, focusing on organic and local products. Our breakfast includes: tea and herbal teas, coffee (espresso and American), cappuccino (the cappuccino prepared by Ruggero is famous and is mentioned in many reviews on Trip Advisor website), organic orange juice, fresh white and whole grain bread, fresh fruit salad, homemade cakes, pastries, biscuits, cereal and muesli, salami & cheese, even in summer caprese with mozzarella cheese & tomatoes, melon, watermelon and other seasonal fruits, yogurt and much more. Special products for celiac available on request when booking (6 euro per day). A kettle with a wide selection of teas and herbal tea, instant coffee and cappuccino, snacks and cookies are always available for free in our living room.
- Non-smoking room
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
Other hotel information
- Babysitting/Child services
- Gay friendly
- Pets allowed
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See