Radisson Blu Hotel Edwardian Guildford(4 stars)3 Alexandra Terrace High Street GU1 3DA Guildford
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Worst 4 Star
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- September 2013
Front office staff and management void of their customers concerns. Did not honour confirmed booking request for two single beds and had to take a double. When I requested another night stay, the staff confirmed yet upon returning to the Hotel the next afternoon, I found myself locked out of the car park and my room. Apparently Radisson policy dictates you have to check out and pay for the room and re check in again on such a simple request for a one night extension of the booking, even when they have my American Express guarantee for the room. I ... have never ever had a hotel treat me in such a manner nor have I heard of such a ridiculous bureaucratic policy. To add insult to injury they promote ''Welcome To Blu' which details their 100% Guest Satisfaction & Yes I Can! policies. What a sad joke.
Modern hotel with funky twists
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- August 2013
The hotel had a very funky lobby with a set up of various modernist pieces of furniture and a couple of large stag sculptures. The check in process was a little slow and we had to check in before we could drive down into the car park (so the car was left running outside the entrance). The car park itself was very busy and it wasn't clear how to get back up into the hotel (no markings were on the lifts or various other doors at the time). The room was a good size as was the bathroom. Breakfast was ... well run and food was served swiftly. Very convenient for the high street shopping in Guildford and restaurants near the hotel are very good.
Information about Radisson Blu Hotel Edwardian Guildford
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is centrally located on Guildford's High Street. Guildford's new arts venue is next to the hotel and renowned Yvonne Arnaud Theatre is about 100 m away.
- The hotel was built in 2011. The hotel features 183 accommodation units. Guests of the hotel are welcomed in the lobby, which has a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service. Amenities include a cloakroom and a safe. Internet access and wireless internet access are available in the public areas. Gastronomic options offered by the hotel include a restaurant, a dining area and a breakfast room. Guests arriving in their own vehicles can park in the car park. Among the additional services available are room service and a laundry.
- All rooms feature air conditioning, central heating and a bathroom. The carpeted accommodation units feature a double bed or a king-size bed. A safe and a minibar also feature. The accommodation units offer a range of amenities, including tea and coffee making equipment. Convenient features include internet access, a telephone, a TV, a radio and a stereo system. In each of the bathrooms, guests will find a shower, a bath and a hairdryer.
- The hotel offers a wide range of bookable meals and board options, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, B & B, half board and full board. Special meals, including special dietary cuisine, are available.
- All major credit cards, including American Express, VISA, Diners Club and MasterCard, are accepted for payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::3 Alexandra Terrace High Street GU1 3DA Guildford
- What the hotel offersA bold new landmark on Surrey’s most celebrated street, the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Guildford gives the town a striking new 4 star hotel, and with it a stylish new place to meet, eat or retreat to a serene urban spa. Equipped for business but designed for relaxation, the hotel’s sleek glass and cool stone fuses with the fabric of the town and brings a new heart to its social scene.
- LocationDirections by Train and Car From London Road station; Follow signs to the town centre, the hotel is on the right hand side, just past the G Live Centre, after about 400 metres. From Guildford Station Follow signs to the town centre, then follow directions to G Live, which is next door to our hotel. From the A3 Parking is available at £10 per 24 hours
- AccommodationThe hotel’s 181 rooms and 2 suites are light, spacious and equally good for work or play. Natural materials, smart finishes and thoughtful detailing make for a restful experience. All rooms feature generous workspaces with advanced technology, and high speed WiFi is complimentary. • 2 Suites • 37 Deluxe • 18 Twin • 126 Standard Queen
- Food and DrinkScoff & Banter Guildford Along the colonnade, Scoff & Banter’s ‘best of British’ philosophy makes the most of the area’s fresh produce. Guildford’s destination restaurant, this café brasserie does British classics exceptionally well, from breakfasts to weekend roasts and indulgent afternoon teas. MKB Cocktail Bar Mixing a metropolitan vibe with an earthy soul, MKB is a rendezvous you can always rely on to bring great cocktails and good times together. By day it's a place to catch up and enjoy the simple pleasures of stylish surroundings and friendly service. By night, when the lights go down and music infuses the atmosphere, the bar comes to life with lip-quenching cocktails and well chosen wines.
- LeisureThe Spa Guildford Welcome to a serene urban retreat that gives you everything you'd expect from a London spa, without the trip to London. Immerse yourself in a jet-propelled pool encased in frosted glass. Lose yourself in the enveloping mists of our crystal steam room and the calm of our relaxation room. Restore your reserves in our spacious gym. Emerge indulged, energised and assured of lasting results. All treatments include full use of the spa's facilities, including: •Stone oven sauna •Aromatic crystal steam room •Two refreshing showers •Fitness pool with Contra-Flow Jets* •Relaxation room Hotel guests can enjoy use of our spa facilities by purchasing a day pass for £10 per person. Please be advised that advanced booking is recommended when wishing to use the spa facilities on weekends.
- Other facilities and services• Cocktail bar • Restaurant • Spa and Gym* • Fitness Pool with Contra-Flow jets* • 7 meeting rooms • Large event space • Business centre • 24 hour room service • Air conditioning in bedrooms and conference rooms
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Air conditioning
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- Car hire
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See