Carat Hotel München(3 stars)Lindwurmstr. 13 80337 München View on map
At a glance
- Clean and tidy (2) "Clean and tidy" found in 2 reviews
- " Clean and tidy , however the rooms are a small disaster for the price. CRT TV, furniture in mint green, ... "June 2012
- " A great hotel with very friendly and efficient staff. Very good and centrally located. The breakfast is ... "July 2012
- Very friendly and efficient staff (1) "Very friendly and efficient staff" found in 1 review
- " A great hotel with very friendly and efficient staff . Very good and centrally located. The breakfast is varied and very good - also the staff in the ... "July 2012
- The breakfast is varied (1) "The breakfast is varied" found in 1 review
- " A great hotel with very friendly and efficient staff. Very good and centrally located. The breakfast is varied and very good - also the staff in the breakfast room is very friendly and attentive. The rooms ... "July 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (2) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 2 reviews
- Hotel in general (2)
Great value for money
- Wander- und Wellnessurlaub
- January 2014
We're just back from a week there with 4 grown up children. We had 2 rooms, small but adequate and they were well maintained daily. There was a very small kitchenette which was useful because we cooked a couple of times (saving money) and the fridge kept the beers cool. Definitely the best feature was the breakfast. There was a good selection of fresh juices, cereals and fresh breads/rolls. Hot options were there (not exactly traditional Irish/English but close). And a nice selection of cold options such as meats, salmon, cheeses, fruits etc. Kept us going until dinner later. Breakfast ... available from 6.30 to 10.30, 7 to 11 on Sunday). Even our kids, who were out very late the night before got up for the breakfast! Exceptional. They don't do lunch or dinner but there's loads of places to eat within walking distance nearby. Nice waiting staff and very helpful staff (with excellent English) at the reception desk. Free internet. An ideal location close to everything: 3 minute walk to the underground/tube station and 15 minute walk to Central Station (buses and trains). We had to leave the hotel early before breakfast (RyanAir!) and we were given a 'lunch box' on leaving. We were on a budget and we got great value for money. Would recommend it.
A pleasant, comfortable, clean place to stay
- September 2013
For someone who is looking for a no-frills stay at a central Munich location, the Carat Hotel was just fine. The room, while small, was comfortable and spotlessly clean. While the television seemed dated, the front desk staff was especially kind. I also appreciated the free refreshments after walking around the city.
Great breakfast, bad room
- Nicht empfohlen
- May 2013
I was first time in this hotel, on recommendation. Unfortunately, i was a bit disappointed. At the front desk i was warmly welcomed, and i was then told, i upgraded to my room got, right on the ground floor. Expectant i closed the door, but the surprise was not successful, the air was stale, the room had a kitchenette, with a window, not darkened, also A door to the kitchen was missing, so that the neighbours by the window the hotel rooms look can. The light in the evening you couldn't avoid. The programmes of the old röhrenfernsehers were just ... completely confused. Breakfast was really very good, the staff nice, but the room. No thank you Man good, the me for the return trip nobody asked, if everything was okay.
Excellent star hotel
- January 2013
Near my stay at the carathotel i nothing to fault, Breakfast buffet with very plenty of choice and thus something for every taste, quality the food was excellent. Pleasant and polite staff Thus a superb star hotel! The only negative are de guests even it is constantly creepy-crawlies the rooms noisy, but if you even at strappings tear would and tried silent to then it worked. And the predecessor review: I could in this period no children say, but perhaps it would be sensible for almost retirees a suitable accommodation to search, the extra soundproofed rooms have, simply times earlier ... get up? Or the president can't sleep since this' children ' rummgelaufen are?
Carat hotel Munich
- Nicht empfohlen
- January 2013
As in the past years we were in this hotel as part of a messebesuches 3 days/nights to guest. However the hotel is not more in the location, a bearable patrons breakfast ensure: Thousands of russian children noise, and trample during breakfast on the bright seating between the guests around. The only answer of the staff: 'sorry, but the do not understand german. ' it was therefore not the least attempt, the insanity parking. Conclusion : this hotel you can not recommend and we will probably also not more again.
Information about Carat Hotel München
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
< 200 m < 50 km
- What the hotel offersCarat Hotel Munchen Favored by young couples, groups of friends and families, the Carat Hotel & Apartments is a modern, 3-star hotel that places guests in the center of the Bavarian city of Munich. Home to 116 brightly decorated guestrooms and family apartments, the Carat Hotel & Apartments places guests within a 10 minutes' walk of Munich's famous Marienplatz. Providing a buffet breakfast every morning and complimentary wireless internet access throughout the hotel's building, the hotel offers a range of modern amenities and leisure facilities such as a terrace and bar.
- LocationThe Carat Hotel Munchen is located a 10-minute walk from Munich's Marienplatz Square, home of the city's new town hall and numerous shops and cafes. The historic Old Town and Munich Main Station can also be reached on foot, while the Asamkirche and the Jewish Museum are less than a kilometer away. Numerous bus and metro links operate in the area, connecting guests with other areas of the city, including the English Garden. Accomodation The stylishly designed guestrooms and apartments of the Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen are equipped with a TV, work space and en suite bathrooms with luxury toiletries and a hairdryer. The hotel apartments also feature kitchen and living room areas. Smoking is not allowed inside the hotel building.
- Food and DrinkA buffet breakfast is served every morning at the hotel, featuring cereals, organic products and hot and cold drinks. Fresh rolls and pastries are also available, while drinks are served on the hotel's outside terrace or in the bar. Guests can also find a range of traditional Bavarian and international restaurants on the nearby Marienplatz.
- LeisureThe hotel's central location places guests close to many of the city's liveliest beer halls, busiest shopping streets and iconic structures. Munich's famous Hofbrauhaus can be reached on foot, as can the English Gardens in which visitors can take summer walks or cycle tours. Munich's Marienplatz is home to the city's town hall and famous Glockenspiel, while local metro and bus links connect guests to other areas of the city. Other services Dry cleaning, packed lunches, car hire and luggage storage services are provided by the Carat Hotel & Apartments.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Total number of rooms: < 200
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Writing bureau
- Double bed
- Satellite TV
- Minibar: alcoholic
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
- Packed lunches
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Check in from: 14:00
- Check out no later than: 12:00
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: closed
- Gay friendly
- Express check in and check out
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See