Excelsior Hilton Hotel Palermo(4 stars)Via Marchese Ugo 3 , 90144 View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Beautiful days in Palermo.
- December 2013
Only after the 3. try we got a room, we were satisfied. The first room was on the upper floor and had only a skylight in about 3 metres height! The 2. room had a window, but it looked right on a wall (about 2 metres away). Only through our stubbornness everything was good and we got a room with a window and a view. We were arrived, around new year's eve at the hotel to celebrate. The guests were rather older. The hotel has some drawbacks, but is clean and tidy. The breakfast is for italian. Conditions rich.
A fancy hotel in the city centre
- October 2013
The hotel is located in a 19th century building perfectly relocated. It keeps the old features with all the modern facilities necessary. Rooms are quiet, well equipped and with luxury details, spacious. Staff are kind and willing to support. Meeting facilities are very effective. Food selection at the restaurant and breakfast is wide and very good. The hotel is right in the city centre.
Italian chic in Palermo!
- October 2013
Enjoyable leisure in the historical building with an atmosphere of the Italian chic. Close to plenty of tourist attractions with sightseeing rewarding even a demanding explorer. Highly recommended!
Vey well located for sightseeing
- September 2013
It's a stylish hotel (in a stylish building) located in the centre of Palermo. Easily accessible by car and by buses. It's good for business and leisure if you plan to do sightseeing. Tip: If you decide to hire a car, bear in mind that the hotel doesn't have its own parking. You can still park on the street by the hotel (if there's a space) if you pay 20 EUR per night (in cash). It better pays off (costs less) to pay on your own in one of the streets automats, rather then paying to the hotel even if ... you park your car for a whole day. As the hotel is located in the centre it's easier to find a parking place outside working hours.
Excellent location, lovely hotel
- May 2013
We hit a great deal in Hilton Palermo over the interenet so decided to go for it. The location was very good, close to everything, food store about 5 min walk, bus station 2 minutes. The room was very nice, kind of vintage style with marble in the bathroom. Only minus is no wi-fi except for the hall, you got a voucher for 30 min of use
Information about Excelsior Hilton Hotel Palermo
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is located in the city's commercial district, surrounded by luscious greenery, from the Giardino Inglese to Villa Garibaldi and Villa Trabia. There are numerous theatres, cinemas and restaurants nearby as well as many tourist attractions to be seen. The hotel is situated 2 km from the port and 2 km from Notarbartolo railway station. Palermo Falcone-Borsellino International Airport is 28 km away.
- This city hotel is an important reference point for business customers and those who intend to experience the city's elegant and historical atmosphere. It was built for the occasion of the National Exhibition of 1891 (originally known as “Hotel de la Paix”) and reflects the splendour and elegance of “Art Nouveau”. Since that time, it has continually been used as a meeting place for social and entertainment events, all organised within its splendid ballroom, for both Italian and foreign visitors. Even today it represents one of the most important elements of the Palermitan Belle Époque of the late 19th Century. Its ballroom was always filled with gentlemen and ladies and was a cat-walk for the parading nobility. Refurbished in 2007, the fully air-conditioned hotel offers a total of 116 rooms. Facilities include: lobby with 24-hour reception, hotel safe, currency exchange, lift access, café, restaurant, conference facilities, WLAN access point, as well as room service. For a charge guests can take advantage of the laundry service and the garage.
- The elegant rooms are a perfect blend of antique charm and sophisticated comfort. They offer air conditioning, king-size beds, direct dial telephone, minibar, satellite TV, key card security system, safe and an en suite bathroom with hairdryer. Non-smoking rooms are available.
- Within a stone's throw from the hotel, guests will find: a Hamman Turkish bath, swimming pool and a tennis club.
- The hotel restaurant, which has entertained appreciative customers ever since its opening, has always been noted for its cosmopolitan tone and its gastronomic specialities.
- American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard and VISA are all accepted at the hotel.
- The hotel can be easily reached by car via the A29 Palermo-Trapani motorway (taking the Via Belgio exit) and A19 Palermo-Messina-Catania motorway (taking the Via Leonardo da Vinci exit). Follow the signs to the city centre.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See