Hotel review overview
The most helpful positive review
We have royal service booked which was okay. To eat we had to go to the other part of the dangers. Restaurant at royal area bad but bars much better. Close to hotel there is nothing. We had a individual trip with vintage cars to holguin made which was fine... We had a suite with view of the sea which very nice was. The butler service we often taken into account and it has excellent system functioned. Unfortunately no wi-fi in the whole hotel i found a bit … read hotel review
The most helpful negative review
We rate here only the benefits in the royal service. The rest of the hotel is great, we have stayed three times over there and will go there again. With our 4. stay but we were very dissapointed - value royal stands in no relation. Here only the royal club! … read hotel review
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- April 2014
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- March 2014
Information about Hotel Paradisus Rio de Oro
- Address::Crta. Guardalavaca 01906 Playa Esmeralda
- What the hotel offersThe Hotel, designed by Spanish architect Alvaro Sanz, recreates in a unique natural environment, consisting of 37 buildings of one or two floors, breaking the concept of a single, tall, bulky building. Welcome to a truly privileged location. Exquisite natural surroundings and fine white sand beaches, sprawling out on of one of the most beautiful coral reefs in the world, is where Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa is located, harmoniously integrated in a natural environment of gardens and lush vegetation. The interior and exterior decoration of the hotel was elaborated by a team of artists led by the Spanish decorator Julio Maestre. The atmosphere integrates a unique natural setting combining blue and yellow shades, furniture and antiques, cool ornaments that adorn rooms and corridors, murals, as well as species of the typical flora of the area.
- LocationAdministered under the modality of all-inclusive, this facility is located within the Natural Park Bahia de Naranjo in the northeast area of the province of Holguín, surrounded by four of the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean. Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa is located 56 km from the Centre of the city of Holguín, 12 km from the Marina Gaviota, 70 km from the International Airport Frank Pais of Holguín and 200 km away from the city of Santiago de Cuba.
- AccommodationThe hotel has 354 rooms: 254 Junior Suites, 40 Junior Suites Deluxe, 2 Deluxe Suites and the Royal Service consists of 36 Master Junior Suites, 14 Master Junior Suites Ocean View, 6 Master Junior Suites Deluxe and 2 Garden Villas.
- Food and DrinkDinner You can dine in any of our restaurants where you will always find a wide variety and high quality of the food and enjoy an excellent level of service. Please keep in mind that there is a dress code for dinner. Gentlemen must wear long trousers. Buffet Restaurant "La Ceiba" 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Japanese Restaurant "Tsuru" 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. "Mediterranean" Restaurant 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Cuban Restaurant "El Bohío" 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. International Restaurant "El Patio" 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Restaurant "Los Helechos" in Royal Service 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm Bars There are 5 bars located at Paradisus Rio de Oro, where you can enjoy a wide range of national and international cocktails with high-quality drinks. Lobby bar "Palma Real" 24 hours "La Laguna" pool bar 10:30 am to 5:00 pm. "Santa María" beach bar 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Aqua bar "El Saltón" 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Music bar "La Conga" 8:00 pm to 2:00 am. Also 3 bars in Royal Service exclusive to Royal Service guests: Lobby bar "Las Gardenias" 24 hours "La Cascada" pool bar 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. "Caleticas" beach bar 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- LeisureThe complex has an area of 27 hectares with lush tropical vegetation enriched with cocus nucifera (coconut), endemic species of the region and several species of ornamental plants. The hotel has a main pool of 2 levels. The facility houses three tennis courts, a basketball court, and mini-soccer field. There is a separate area for rifle shooting and bow and arrow and areas for other types of games such as Palanka, Chess and Billiards. The hotel has seven restaurants, where food lovers can enjoy both the highest level of gourmet cuisine and the most traditional of Creole cuisine. Five bars provide our guests’ enjoyment a large selection of liquors from leading brands. The Hotel has four splendid beaches of crystal clear waters that invite you to enjoy the Caribbean Sea and the privacy afforded by this earthly paradise: Playa Esmeralda, the most important of the hotel; Caletica 1, exclusive to customers of YHI Spa, and Caletica 2 and 3, with exclusive services for Royal Service guests.
- Other facilities and servicesThe YHI Spa "Golden Waters" with its hydrothermal circuit (Balinese shower, feet ritual, steam bath, sauna, sensation shower and relaxation room), double treatment cabins, salt water swimming pool, sea solarium, an exclusive beach area, Jacuzzis overlooking the sea and an extensive menu of treatments, was opened in 2006. This facility is also accessible for guests with physical disabilities. The Royal Service was inaugurated in January 2010. This select area has 20 bungalows of one or two stories and offers its guests exclusive services and facilities: lobby, VIP reception, swimming pool, restaurant, bars, stewardship, and Premium drinks, amongst many other personalized services.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Coffee and tea
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See