Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan Frankfurt(5 stars)Poststrasse 6 View on map
At a glance
- Good hotel (4) "Good hotel" found in 4 reviews
- " Good hotel for a short stay "May 2012
- " Top -location, good hotel but not 5 star "July 2012
- " Great hotel , but no 5 stars! "April 2012
- " ... were already worn-out Fixtures in the hotel room, on the second day the Wasdchbecken in the bathroom not cleaned. The flair of real Grand hotels only limited. In short: a very good, also recommendable hotel , but not evenly no 5 stars luxury-hostel, the advertised. "April 2012
- Very friendly staff (2) "Very friendly staff" found in 2 reviews
- " Front desk: very friendly staff , check in/ check out was quick Room: good size Bathroom: clean Room service: food came ... "May 2012
- " ... staff, check in/ check out was quick Room: good size Bathroom: clean Room service: food came quickly on the room however unfortunately it was somewhat too greasily Breakfast: wide choice ( friendly staff ) "May 2012
- The breakfast was varied (1) "The breakfast was varied" found in 1 review
- " For towns or people on business trip the hotel lies ideal, right at Frankfurt main station. The rooms and above all the bathroom are tastefully furnished. The breakfast was varied , egg dishes can the service be ordered and are freshly prepared. "July 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (4) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 4 reviews
- " Good hotel for a short stay " read hotel reviewMay 2012
- " Top -location, good hotel but not 5 star " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- " Great hotel, but no 5 stars! " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- " ... were already worn-out Fixtures in the hotel room, on the second day the Wasdchbecken in the bathroom not cleaned. The flair of real Grand hotels only limited. In short: a very good, also recommendable hotel, but not evenly no 5 stars luxury-hostel, the advertised. " read hotel reviewApril 2012
- Hotel in general (4)
- Service Friendliness (2) Comments related to "Service" found in 2 reviews
- " Front desk: very friendly staff, check in/ check out was quick Room: good size Bathroom: clean Room service: food came ... " read hotel reviewMay 2012
- " ... staff, check in/ check out was quick Room: good size Bathroom: clean Room service: food came quickly on the room however unfortunately it was somewhat too greasily Breakfast: wide choice ( friendly staff) " read hotel reviewMay 2012
- Service Friendliness (2)
- Quality (1) Comments related to "Food" found in 1 review
- " For towns or people on business trip the hotel lies ideal, right at Frankfurt main station. The rooms and above all the bathroom are tastefully furnished. The breakfast was varied, egg dishes can the service be ordered and are freshly prepared. " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Quality (1)
Disappointing; the hotel does not deserve 5 stars
- Nicht empfohlen
- June 2013
Poor management of the hotels voe all area dining, finger on 2. seminary day was from the day before, partly dirty plates in the breakfast area, for a 5 star hotel simply inconceivable... , in the seminar area was dust on the shelf
Five star? Never
- Nicht empfohlen
- January 2013
Station proximity and facilities top, but in all in all never five star superior. When we arrived there was no porter, for the luggages taken care of. But no end of the world, the stairs you could manage. The check in and check out smoothly without any problems. The room (number 135) was slightly over stairs or lift. But despite elevator one must again a few steps walk, so this room nothing for persons with mobility problems. The room was tiny, but quality furniture. Numerous stains on the floor, dripping shower and spots on numerous points in the bathroom. Plus ... point the warm floor in the bathroom. The breakfast was more or less bad. Little choice, comparable with the next door liegendenem Inter City Hotel. Egg dishes should freshly prepared be, however you had to this panhandle. Whether i tea or coffee wishes, i was not at all asked. Our clear it had the ladies not planned. 3 persons at the table, a was a ' greetings from of the kitchen' serves, the other ignored. I can't explain, but always came the idea: 'never 5 stars'. You read always complaints of vacations in 5 stars hotels in Turkey or Egypt and then you're in this star hotel and says this. With 4 stars would be the hotel ok, but you know other 5 stars hotels. For this price actually outrageous, but seemed to be always in a good mood, by the station situation.
One star too much!
- Nicht empfohlen
- December 2012
12 meters² for 5 stars are outrageous! Water tap apostatizes, stains on klo and bath tub. Although higher class booked, no response at the front desk for a different room. Bathrobes to have also only einheitsgrössen - the front desk does not help there also! Staff the work out of the way! (doorman converses with known passers-by, instead of to help; applies for staff at breakfast) Moderate breakfast buffet for this price! At least whilst checking out has front desk the criticism and clear the price reduced!
Good hotel close to the main train station but certainly no
- December 2012
The Steigenberger metropolitan is a good 4 star hotel-it has actually five stars, how these were achieved is however still a mystery to me. The hotel scores extremely through the fußnahe location to the frankfurt main station, everything else is as mentioned a classic 4 star hotel adequate, and the room size very questionable since extremely small for this price range is. The numerous aufzugsmotoren and air conditioning in the courtyard are extremely good to play. The staff were very friendly and helpful the certain touch a 5 * professionalism then nevertheless to be desired left-everything very lax handled. The ... ' wellness and fitness area ' is a joke - a mini-sauna, to just 65 degrees, everything very closely, perhaps fit maximum 3-4 people in the entire premises. There are hostels, the better offer. Impossible is also the entrance area - 8 stairs and not automatically lead to opening door make fun with two large suitcases, the concierge is only from and when to be seen.
Good city hotel in a central location
- November 2012
The hotel is very clean and the staff always friendly. We immediately felt good.
Information about Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan Frankfurt
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis exclusive luxury hotel is located in Frankfurt am Main, on the north side of the main train station with excellent access to public transport into the city centre. A selection of bars, shops and restaurants are situated within 500 m of the hotel.
- The charming hotel was opened in 2003. It offers a total of 131 guestrooms spread over 7 floors, of which 50 are singles, 78 are doubles and 3 are suites. Guests are offered a spacious lobby with lifts, safes, a cloakroom, a conference room with Internet access and a 24-hour reception. In addition, the hotel has a cosy bar and an air-conditioned à la carte restaurant. Room and laundry services are both available. Car parking facilities are located outside the hotel, ideal for guests arriving by car.
- All of the modern rooms are fitted with an en suite bathroom and a hairdryer as standard. They additionally come equipped with a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, Internet access, a hire safe, a minibar, carpeting, air conditioning and central heating as standard.
- Guests may make use of the sauna, the solarium, the massage services and the hotel gym.
- Guests are invited to serve themselves from the breakfast buffet. At lunchtime and in the evenings, guests may select dishes from an à la carte menu.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA cards are all accepted as methods of payment.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Poststrasse 6
- What the hotel offersWelcome to “Mainhattan”; behind a historical sandstone façade, in the heart of Frankfurt, you will discover the Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan with innovative functionality and sophisticated elegance. Its close proximity to the financial district, the fairgrounds and historical sightseeing highlights, make this hotel the ideal place to stay
- LocationIn the financial metropolis the Steigenberger Hotel Metropolitan is at the heart of the city. From here you quickly reach the Exhibition grounds, the banking district and all sights. The main station is also just a few steps distant. Thanks to its ideal location at the centre of the Rhine-Main region and its convenience to the local transport network, our hotel is the perfect base for all activities.
- AccommodationThe mix of high quality materials and modern design gives the 131 exclusive rooms and suites an aura of restrained elegance. The hotel’s personal service and high quality details such as granite in the bathrooms, make your stay into a real experience of well-being. All rooms are equipped with individually controllable air conditioning, a shower or bath, hairdryer, minibar, room safe, ISDN telephone, and Internet via WiFi at no cost.
- Food and DrinkBrasserie M “Light” and “modern” cuisine – what a great combination! The guests of the Brasserie M are presented with innovative and elaborate dishes. Metropolitan Bar & Lounge The ambience is very British and the selections international – in the exclusive, English club-style bar you can enjoy, for example, tea, biscuits or small snacks. In the evening, round off a perfect day in fine English manner with a cigar and cool drink, or with an exotic cocktail.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Complementary bottle of water
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Golf course
- Spa centre
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Gay friendly
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See