Hotel review overview
Good two star hotel, beautiful peaceful location, Airportnah
- Recommended hotel
- Countryside & spa
- August 2012
The hotel lies at a rocky shoreline about 20 meters on the sea with an unobstructed view towards Corvo ( if the weather the view allowed). Even if here the hotel as three star hotel is registered, we as two star hotel offered. After a little concerned when booking we were however by the hotel pleasantly surprised. Despite being close to the airport it is quiet ( only a couple Movements on the day, at night no). There is no air conditioning and no mini bar on the rooms, but who needs that already really? The hotel is also a ... bit outdated already, but with a bit of renovation it has potential to the 3. star. The rooms and particularly the bathroom are a good size. The equipment in the rooms is adequate without special extras. Negatively to us was noticeable, that on the corridors for fire extinguishers completely missing (holder available) and partly the light not enough around the keyhole to find. Not so nice we also found the pool, the somewhat neglected worked and by an unattractive environment with scrap and garbage corners as well not to stay a while stimulated. The breakfast buffet is sufficient, but could be extensive and been more diverse. Especially we missed fresh fruits ( only peaches from the can available). The shopping facilities are two supermarkets ( Braga & Braga and spar ) in 5 to 10 minutes walking distance. The diversity is not plentiful, but you can hear everything, that you need ( the situation the island has evenly also bottlenecks). Restaurants there are plenty of nearby (5 to 10 minutes on foot, for example in Santa Cruz the Flores). As special excursions the day trip to Corvo very recommendable. The passage with a dinghy (15 to 20 persons) was quite an experience, especially, if as with us the action due to storm a day to be postponed (strong waves). Otherwise the passage also at the coast between Santa Cruz and Ponta Delgada with some caves and water falls along, the partly be-and traversed. This is a additional experience, even if as is so often the Corvo-benefit by the kraterblick versperrende cloud troubled.
Information about Hotel Ocidental
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- Services and facilities at the hotel include a restaurant, a breakfast room and a bar. Guests can use the parking spaces if required.
- All rooms feature air conditioning and a bathroom. A balcony or terrace is also included as standard. Some of the accommodation units offer wonderful sea views. Features include a minibar, a telephone and a TV. The accommodation units include a bathroom with a shower.
- The hotel offers a selection of sport and leisure opportunities. An outdoor pool is available to guests. The hotel offers guests leisure options, including tennis (for a fee).
- The hotel offers the following bookable meals and board options: breakfast, dinner and half board.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata