Hotel review overview
A Fantastic Hotel and Holiday
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- August 2014
My review is a bit late however better late than never. This was our 5th time staying at the Arabella and yet again the lovely hotel manages to impress us and remind us why we love to return. We love the look of the new rooms. Even know the hotel didn’t need a refurb of the rooms the new look definitely a step in the right direction. Lovely and comfortable and as always spotlessly cleaned daily. We were also very impressed we actually got exactly the same room we had 2 years ago. So we could see the difference the ... refurb made. Yet again the food in the hotels restaurants was excellent. We actually had a shift in our favourite A la Carte restaurant this time. Before we favoured the Italian, However mainly because the menu changed and a few of our favourite dishes were no longer there. But hey still a nice restaurant. The Asian and the Bulgarian restaurants impressed us the most this year. A great variety of foods and most importantly a great kids menu for out 2 and half year old son. We loved the lamb in the Bulgarian. The food in the Asian was stunning. We found as we were travelling in a group preparing with a printed copy of the menus very efficient. Therefore we only spent approximately 1 hour 20 minutes in the A La Carte Restaurants, where a previous year we travelled as a group and our only upset was we were in the A La Cartes for 2 hours plus. The buffet restaurant also served excellent food for lunch and dinner. All the staff in the restaurants were very accommodating to our son and he loved seeing the waiters on a daily basis. A massive thank you to Gabi, Anna Katarina and Pavlena. Our son loved you all and especially thank you to Pavlena, your attention to our son was lovely and he loved the daily hi fives. The staff here genuinely care about your holiday and will bend over backwards. Our son got abit fussy on foods and had one too many ice creams and cakes. So when it came to dinner time he want hungry. As a precaution we asked Dani the guest relations manager of the chef could make something special for our son. I asked if the chef could make him a fishermans pie. Dani printed the ingredients, gave it to the food and beverage manager Katarina and the chef made him his own fishermans pie ready for dinner. A little later in the holiday he asked for a bowl of porridge. Baring in mind non of the restaurants were open at this time. Dani rushed of and the food and beverage manager made him a porridge. A massive thank you. We also loved the bars. There was a few nights were probably due to the place being busy the 2 drinks per person rule was enforced however. A minor thing. All the bar staff were excellent and even began to remember what you were drinking. In a fully booked hotel I found this amazing. Our biggest shout outs and thanks go to Alex (male) and Alex (female) Ivan, Dido and Evgeni. You are truly excellent at what you do. Thank you. The entertainment was again really good. Only thing I would say is on the 2nd week the shows were repeated. Where before there seemed to be a 2 week program. However there were some great bands playing too. The manager definitely looks and thinks outside the box when it comes to looking for different entertainment for her guests. George and Hakan the 2 awesome animator’s thank you for keeping us entertained for 2 weeks. Also thank you to Michelle, Poli, Dani and Avlena. Thank you Svetlo for the kebabs and we loved the snack bar. Especially the pizzas and hotdogs. So much great food. 2 weeks just wasn’t enough. Another great stay. We will be back for our 6th time next year. And we will be bringing more friends as if you have not stayed in this hotel, visited the resort of Golden Sands, not had a sing song in Muppets Karaoke bar or a cocktail in the Malibu Bar you just haven’t lived. Thank you Vanya (hotel manager) and Dani (Guest relations manager) you truly run the best hotel in Bulgaria. I honestly believe the hotel could not be run any better than the way you run it. It is so nice to see the manager walking around the hotel, talking to guests and making sure the Arabella remains number one. The only thing the Arabella needs is its own beach bar and area included on the all inclusive and the Arabella would be 5 star. Not a doubt in my mind.
Service, friendliness and food were great
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- July 2014
The hotel is very centrally located at the Golden Sands and the beach was reachable by stairs and a little-used road. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. We were impressed with the versatile and high-quality food in the main restaurant and the service in the numerous bars. Especially recommended are the Bulgarian and the Italian themed restaurants. Once our air conditioning failed and this was fixed within half an hour. We had booked two rooms. The one room was very quiet, in the other you could hear the parties at night. Apparently the noise level is ... dependent on the location of the room. We were impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of this hotel. The Golden Sands is also a nice seaside resort with many entertainment possibilities.
Great hotel, we'll be back next year.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- May 2014
Great hotel, we'll be back next year. The staff is very friendly and helpful. At this hotel, nothing is left to be desired. The hotel was excellent.
Information about Hotel Grifid Arabella
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
< 200 m
- What the hotel offersThe Hotel Grifid Arabella is nestled in an ocean of tranquility among green trees in the Golden Sands resort. Both the sandy beaches of the Black Sea and the bustling resort center lie on its doorstep. The hotel is a true all inclusive hotel with everything you need catered for. This includes 6 bars and restaurants, 3 swimming pools, sports facilities including outdoor sports and a fitness center, Entertainment program for adults and children and a meeting room with 60 seats for business travelers.
- LocationLocated in the heart of the Golden Sands resort this hotel is just 50m from the golden beaches along the Black Sea coast. The Golden Sands resort is a selection of hotels surrounded my luscious forests, stunning scenery with superb beaches and a clean sea.
- AccommodationThe hotel has 292 rooms and apartments. All apartments have a sea view. All rooms are carpeted, with a sofa and a bathroom with bathtub. Direct dial telephones, central air-conditioning, safety deposit box, satellite TV, a balcony or terrace and a complimentary mini bar are all included.
- Food and DrinkThe Hotel Arabella has 4 restaurants and 2 bars. The main restaurant serves buffet meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are also 3 a La Carte Restaurants; one Bulgarian, one Italian and one Asian. The bars offer free local and international beverages as well as soft drinks and cocktails. The Lobby bar overlooks the pool and Bar Salon hosts a disco every evening.
- LeisureSports facilities include a floodlit tennis court, football, basketball and volleyball. The fitness room has a sea view and Techno Gym equipment. There are 2 outdoor pools, one of which has a Jacuzzi, as well as an indoor pool. The spa offers massages, facials, body treatments and body warps as well as a sauna and hammam for complete relaxation and rejuvenation. There are various daytime leisure activities on offer and evening shows, disco, and live music. There is a mini club for the children.
- FamilyThe Children’s animation team run a mini club which offers children’s activities during the day and a mini disco at night. Children’s shows with guest stars and a children’s playground and pool are sure to keep the little ones busy.
- Other facilities and services• Thematic evenings and Gala dinners • Minibars refilled every day • Conference facilities
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Address::9007 Golden Sands
- What the hotel offersGrifid Arabella Hotel is situated in the heart of Golden Sands, only a few meters from the kilometer-long sandy beach. You can benefit from the extensive all-inclusive offer. The offer includes breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets as well as afternoon snacks and pastry and a wide choice of alternative dining options at 3 à-la-carte restaurants. They serve Bulgarian, Italian or Asian cuisine. There is a professional animation team at the hotel. You can also unwind at the Grifid Arabella spa center.
- LocationLocated in the marvelous sandy coast of Black Sea, in the seaside resort Golden Sands, separated only by an animated promenade from the elegant beach.
- Accommodation292 hotel rooms all to the side of the sea and mostly with direct sea view -bathroom with shower and bathtub in all rooms; hairdryer in the bathroom; international direct dialing phone; central air conditioning; carpet floor (some junior suites also with laminated floor); complimentary mini bar; satellite TV; in-room safe (additional charge); balcony
- Food and DrinkULTRA ALL INCLUSIVE
- LeisureTennis Court, Sauna, Fitness Center, Games Room, Spa & Wellness Center, Massage, Children's Playground, Billiards, Table Tennis, Darts, Hot Tub, Hiking, Cycling, Turkish/Steam Bath, Indoor Swimming Pool, Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Other facilities and servicesMeeting/Banquet Facilities, Babysitting/Child Services, Laundry, Ironing Service, Currency Exchange, Bicycle Rental, Car Hire, Fax/Photocopying, Entertainment Staff, Nightclub / DJ
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Satellite TV
- Free minibar
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Diabetic menu
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Number of slides: 1
- Tennis court
- Number of tennis courts: 1
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Babysitting/Child services
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: closed
- Early check in
- Late check out
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See