We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Hotel in the town with 2 large lakes
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- June 2012
The hotel lies quite far from the city center, but still quite close to enough on the lake. The possibilities for dinner or breakfast are quite rare. At the hotel are 1 bar with delicious burgern and cool beer, nice sports bar. The restaurant chain Denny' s is directly next to the hotel. The hotel itself was as we were traveling in a very quiet area, you could tell this was still no high season. All in all a lovely hotel.
Information about Hotel Sandman
Hotel description *
- LocationSet in the heart of the Okanagan Valley wine country, this family-friendly hotel is extremely well situated for guests to take advantage of all the local amenities. It is one block from Okanagan Lake Beach and just across the street from the main civic complex, which hosts a number of conferences and conventions each year. Guests will find a restaurant in the immediate vicinity, whilst the centre of Penticton, lying just 2 km away, is home to a number of bars, pubs, tourist attractions, shops and public transport links. The ski slopes at the Apex Resort are some 10 km from the accommodation. Guests will find various wineries within an hour’s drive of the hotel, and Okanagan amusement park is 3.5 km away.
- With 2 large lakes, a new destination casino, 70 world-class wineries and dozens of golf courses in the vicinity, this hotel offers a number of facilities ideal for business travellers. Fully air-conditioned, it features a lobby with 24-hour check-out service, hotel safe and currency exchange facilities. Otto's Pub features a large-screen TV, and there is also an on-site restaurant. Conference and business facilities are available, and room and laundry services are provided for a fee. There is complimentary parking for all guests.
- Both the standard rooms and the twin/double rooms offer views of either the city and mountains or the atrium pool area. In-room amenities include individually regulated air conditioning and heating, direct dial telephone with a line for Internet access, satellite TV, clock radio, ironing set, desk and coffee maker with complimentary tea and coffee. An en suite bathroom with bathtub/shower and hairdryer and double/king-size beds also come as standard.
- The hotel's indoor pool area has a hot tub and towel service for guests, and they can also use the gym, which offers a step machine, a treadmill and an exercise bike.
- Denny's is a 24-hour family restaurant offering separate menus for children and seniors. Room service is also available.
- The hotel accepts the following credit cards as forms of payment: American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard and VISA.
- Guests may check in after 3 pm and are required to check out by 11 am.
- Coming from the west via Hope-Princeton Highway (Hwy): Take Hwy 3 East to Hwy 3A. Follow Hwy 3A to Hwy 97 North into Penticton. Follow Hwy 97 North to Westminster Avenue (Ave), and turn right. Follow along Westminster Ave to the corner of Burnaby and Westminster Ave. Coming from the north (Coquihalla Hwy/Peachland/Kelowna): Take Hwy 97 into Penticton. Follow Hwy 97 South to Westminster Ave, and turn left at the lights. Follow Westminster Ave to the corner of Burnaby and Westminster Ave.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Business centre
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Writing bureau
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour security
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome